Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Death Knights and Warriors.

So I've been running a lot of 2s with my Arms buddy, me being Disc. We're up to about 1960 rating, but I seem to run into the same problems with the same two classes.

Death Knights and Warriors.

I can survive against just about any other class almost indefinitely, except these two classes. I am not screaming "AMG NERF NERF OP CLASSES R OP" or anything like that, I am simply looking for advice on better ways to survive. I tend to find myself getting focused by them, and it just seems like they wear me down a lot faster than any other class.

So. Tips? Tricks? Or am I just doomed to fail eventually against these two classes?

In case you need it for some reason, here's my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dyrem/advanced

Also, something to note, I've been pvping for all of three weeks now, so there's likely still a couple things about being a disc priest I'm probably missing. Anything would be beneficial.
    Last edited by Cypher0; 2011-04-23 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    As I play warrior, I can say that priests are very easy to get down, so why we shouldn't do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are very hard to bring down, actually, if you play right. I just seem to have a much shorter lifespan against Warriors and Death Knights.

I'm running as the warrior in your 2s combo, I try not to let their DPS train my priest as much as possible, or at least be ready to come back for intervenes, disarms etc in between desperate prayer, inner focus etc cooldowns. Get your warrior to peel you and push for a kill on their DPS, you should be able to get clear enough to use fear offensively and go for mana burns and MCs.

Deleted
    Really, Death knights? I can see that an Unholy DK can spam necrotic strike on you and slowly bring you down, but bursting you til death?

And well warriors...Tell your teammate to get them off you.

You might also want to think about a run speed enchant, since any time you're getting trained by melee you won't want inner will up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Really, Death knights? I can see that an Unholy DK can spam necrotic strike on you and slowly bring you down, but bursting you til death?

I said nothing about burst. Quite the opposite, actually. They just run me out of mana faster than other classes.

Get your partner to kill them before they can kill you, disarm/intervene also works wonders.

Well, I think that priest are really damn easy to bring down unless that have a good partner that keeps me CCed and slowed. Always try to have these 2 classes far away from you. Your arena partner should be able to slow them for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am at a loss with Warriors. Death knights, I can escape fairly well even if my partner is occupied, but I find it to be nigh impossible with warriors. Can't fear em, constantly slowed to a crawl. I can bubble to get a bit of distance, but then they just charge or leap. It's typically fairly hopeless with warriors.

Granted, even with my inability to escape, I can still stay alive for a decent amount of time, but that window is far smaller than with any other class.

Yes DK's can do an insane burst too. Imagne if you do 8k damage with necoritc strike, + 7k helaing that must be absorbed, you'll need to heal 15k then. if you use all CD's and use all death runes for necrotic strike youll do insane damage. and yeah indeed, when it comes to priest, their partner should help them keep us slowed

As arms disc you should have 0 prob dealing with dk teams, tell your warr to sit on dk and just spam dmg and keep him slowed, you'll either make his healer oom and outlast them or warr will get lucky with his crazy crits and score. You should harass his healer and fear/mc as much as you can, its so much more pressure.

If they're both on you try to fear them both, and shackle garg or transformed pet.. garg priority, even if dk breaks fear healer prolly wont and pet will be controlled that extra few sec, and go back to heal. Try to time it with charge stun aswell, and line of sight the garg always, try not to get caught on open.

As for warrs, try to peel his warr as much as you can and go hard on his healer when he goes on open, you should have no problem finding that small window to make him blow everything. Save reck and PI after they blow their defensive cds, peel till it's over and switch back when it goes off. Don't overcommit though.

Hug your pillars when you get trained and in general overall, make their healer come to you and on open and catch him in bad opsition. If you get trained stick to those pillars and tell your warr to use throwdown, disarm, intercept stun/improved harms if possible.. getting out of range/sight when under that heavy pressure is more than better than outhealing them.

Work on positioning, forcing def cds and switching alot. You should have no problem with those teams overall. - 2.5 dk

Currently there is a bug with Necrotic strike vs priests.

This is how it works.

Deathknight stacks necrotic strike on priest. Priest shield self -- If the shield (crit renews / crit poms -- really anything small works) crits, a small heal from the PW:S glyph (which is fully absorbed from the Necro Strike) places a Divine Aegis of 0 on the priest.

Because Divine Aegis is up, and it is absorbed before PW:S in the line up, the damage goes completely though both, and hits the priest health pool straight on. This lasts for 12 seconds or until a heal crit occures that spawns a Divine Aegis of > 0. Any additional crits that refresh the Divine Aegis of 0 will prolong the effect of shields not absorbing.

That explains the DK portion of your question.

As for Warriors their burst is just high or you need more resilience. Typically i run with 3650 resil, and they're okay. When i run in my 4450 set (double 2 set and double pvp trinket) they're a joke.
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-04-23 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickes View Post
    As I play warrior, I can say that priests are very easy to get down, so why we shouldn't do that?
    great tip, bravo. So he should just afk now vs. Warriors because they are so good bringing priests down.

To the OP, how is your warrior helping you. He should try as best as he can to peel them off you when you are in trouble (stuns, hamstring, disarm or just anything that gives you a breather).

10+ Year Old Account
    She's typically pretty good with the peels, but she'll occasionally just tunnel the healer and leave me all alone. Which, as I said. They don't usually burst me down to nothing until I've run out of mana. It just happens faster with them than other classes.

I suppose that's one area she could improve in.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post

This is how it works...
    Your definition of why he's losing to those teams is retarded.
    He's stuck on low rating vs fairly easy teams, he should work on improving his gameplay, positioning, managing def cds, countering, peeling, oos, taking advantage of his warr abilities and working as a team. His opponents prolly don't even know half the stuff they're doing. Taking advantage of inner focus silence immunity after pet stun aswell.
    If you don't have anything decent to post, or give any advice don't post at all. The only thing likes of you will contribute is making him even worse player.
    I doubt you're even higher than him.
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-04-23 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    \
    If you don't have anything decent to post, or give any advice don't post at all. The only thing likes of you will contribute is making him even worse player.

I'm just going to leave this here. Nice try at troll-baiting though. 3/10.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here. Nice try at troll-baiting though. 3/10.
    People like you are the reason im not even bothering posting here most of the time.
    Some people on these forums don't even deserve an advice, nor arguing with them.
    Disguisting community.

get rid of pve weapon and get mace/dagger + book, and moar resil so much moar 3300 isnt much, also your team-mate MUST peel you as much as possible, also try to avoid reforging and gemming AWAY from mastery, it makes your bubbles that much better.