10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Hack Prevention

One serious issue concerning the game is the problem of account theft (hacking). I have been considering an idea for some time and decided that it would be great if Blizzard could implement it, as it could effectively prevent account theft for all players.

An option could be added to the Battle.net account settings which allows the account owner to 'bind' access to the account based on multiple options:

Country/Countries (Account can only be accessed from within the specified countries)
    Internet Service Provider (Account only accessible to persons using specified provider)
    Computer IP (Account only accessible from specified computer terminals)

This measure would effectively prevent account theft as hackers usually access stolen accounts from a physical location different from the rightful owner.

I understand that this measure might seem overkill or overzealous, but would be very effective in concept and would not require account owners to possess a degree of IT knowledge to protect themselves from account theft. I believe it is in the best interest of Blizzard to protect its customers' accounts. It has done a good job with the Account Authenticator, let's take this one step further and 'finish the fight'.

There's already a more effective method of hack prevention. It's called the "authenticator".

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    There's already a more effective method of hack prevention. It's called the "authenticator".
    This!
    10charlol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huilun02 View Post
    Computer IP (Account only accessible from specified computer terminals)

would not require account owners to possess a degree of IT knowledge
    Most people who play wow most likely don't even know how to do this. Idea is overkill and would never happen.