Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.1 and Al'Akir loot table

Hello, with the patch coming this wednesday (right?), I was looking forward to having a good argument for getting my guild to do this encounter. I personally think it's the best fight among the normal modes... but that's just my opinion. Anyway, Im sliding away from the real reason Im making this thread. The reason is, I thought I read somewhere that they'd change Al'Akir's loot table, making him drop an head/shoulder token on normal, or did I missunderstand something? If I find the post Im refering to, Ill update this post

Q: I feel that the current item drop ratio per part for caster's is little bit weird. While belt slot items are very common, wrist and ranged (wand) item are drastically rare. Now players don't like going to Throne of the Four Winds because belt and pants are so easily acquired via other way. What if the drops of Throne of the Four Winds changed into rare slot items, such as wrist and wand? - 빛그***제 (Korea)

A: There are a few issues embedded in this question. One is that while we like the random nature of the Throne of the Four Winds gear overall, it occupies a strange niche in the current itemization scheme. Al'Akir for example is fairly challenging, but so are Cho'gall and Nefarian. The net result is that many players lack epic legs, heads or shoulders and so have a strong incentive to spend Valor Point on their tier set of legs. By the time they defeat Al'Akir, nobody wants his legs. We plan on tweaking those loot tables a little for 4.1; Al'Akir will drop some random necks and cloaks as well as helm or shoulder tokens in addition or in some cases instead of his current loot.

As far as some items being rarer than others, that is the kind of thing we vary so that every tier of content doesn’t feel like a photocopy of the previous tier with bigger numbers. Our PvP gear for a variety of reasons has become very formulaic, and we don’t want the same thing to befall PvE. Bracers are hard to get now (though the trolls in 4.1 have a lot!), but next tier it might be a different item that becomes precious.

It was in one of the Q&A's posted a week back or something
    Last edited by Schwett; 2011-04-23 at 06:28 PM. Reason: found it

I checked the 4.1 updates on the front page and didn't notice anything about Al'Akir's loot changing. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be worth killing if they did...

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they said they were considering it, but I don't believe anything's finalized yet.

killing him on heroic is definitely worth the effort at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    No link and such, but I think I heard from somewhere that they are adding the head and shoulder token to Al'Akir as well.

For the people that can already farm Chog'All and Nef it won't really add anything, if you haven't downed those then probably not a good idea either as I think Al'Akir is harder than Chog and Nef (at least IMO).

It might make people farm this boss for off spec shoulder and head though as you can clear TotFW much faster than BoT and BWD.

are you sure you're not confusing this with hte changes they made to heroic bosses dropping tokens? i dont remember reading anything However if there was a chanse there however slight it would make this boss more appealing other than an achievement xD

It clearly says it in the Q and A.

I've updated the first post with a quote from their Q&A a week back, yet nothing about it in the changelog... So if it's not in the changelog, it aint going live, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    They like the random nature of throne loot? What a joke. Random enchants on random items just gives you less of a chance of getting anything worthwhile out of there. Stupid bullshit IMO.
    Dont be hating man, I for one agree with them, I enjoy the encounter and I like the fact that everyone (I think...) has a perfectly itemized item there.
    Last edited by Schwett; 2011-04-23 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    They like the random nature of throne loot? What a joke. Random enchants on random items just gives you less of a chance of getting anything worthwhile out of there. Stupid bullshit IMO.
    We never even bother with that raid anymore, it's not worth the effort. I mean sure, you've got a chance for some BiS piece, but it's like, 1 in 50? Or worse?

alakirs loot table is fine; the heroic essence is perfect for filling in slots that people miss.

I did see some datamined loot with the same name as the conclave/alakir current drops awhile back. Not sure if those are what you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricsun View Post
    We never even bother with that raid anymore, it's not worth the effort. I mean sure, you've got a chance for some BiS piece, but it's like, 1 in 50? Or worse?
    Actually, there are only a few possiblities in the case of the random loot. For example the lether agility belt from The Djinns only seem to have 2 versions thusfar.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    alakirs loot table is fine; the heroic essence is perfect for filling in slots that people miss.
    Well, I agree with fine, but fine also means it could be better
    Forlorn is great, you can choose whatever tier piece you want, but I would like to see Al'akir dropping one token, either head or shoulder just to make the boss Abit more interesting loot-wise. From what I can tell, blizzard agrees somewhat.

Im surprised with their choice of words really, they're saying Al'akir will drop a head/shoulder token, not picking a words like "thinking about" or actually leaving any room for changes. Yet here we are...

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

Seems as it would be strange of them not bringing it up in the changelog, so it'll probably not happen. Have they ever done changes like this without writing it in the changelog?

And if Clawtrocity found some new items from Al'akir then it might happen anyway? Did they just miss it in the changelog?
    Last edited by Schwett; 2011-04-23 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New items are on the loot table. Confirmed Killed 25H Al'akir 5 min ago.

Got a Str,exp,Hit cape, An agi, crit, haste Neck, a vanq head token, a prot head token and 3 essence.
    and some pants that were there before

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post

Got a Str,exp,Hit cape, An agi, crit, haste Neck, a vanq head token, a prot head token and 3 essence.
    thanks for the info mate, some of our guild members that loath that place might actually wanna do it now, including me :3
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-04-29 at 02:07 AM.

Anyone got anything new on 10-mans ? We didn't at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    10mans=25mans the loot is the same. its just that you didnt get the drops.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Got a cloak and shoulder token on Wednesday, 10N. Which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post

That is awesome news,
    Thanks for sharing it!!

Now my guild has a reason more to do Al'akir! =)
    And Vanq tokens, how many for 25 man?
    3 or just 2?

Zenjie