Deleted

AoE burst heal whine and spell idea

Hello Druids!

Few days ago I saw few threads about druid's AoE burst heal. People whine about how bad is it and that they’ve got only smart heal, Efflorescence, Tranquility and Reju spam. I decided to public my idea how to improve it using (redesigning) old, next to useless talent that situationally improves our healing for about 1-2%.

Do you remember one of the changes in 4.1? Living Seed is no longer required for Efflorescence. Yes, Living Seed is this situational talent:

Living Seed
    Rank 3/3
    When you critically heal a target with Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch spell you plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec.

Now about druid’s AoE healing. Druids need good burst heal in cata style. Compared to priests we should have something like PoH that it’s party heal. It’s efficient, good heal with big, but not enormous mana cost. Look at something like this:

Living Seed
    26% mana cost
    2.5 sec cast
    Plants Living Seeds on target’s party members within 30 yards. Each seed will bloom when buffed player is next attacked for 3087 to 3261. Lasts 6 sec.

Mana cost/cast time/healing numbers/duration is only example. The core idea is that it require precast. Imagine Chimaeron encounter, Massacre’s got 4 sec cast time, spell can be precasted. Mechanisms like auras or while Chimaeron encounter – Caustic Slime while Feud often require faster heals. Living Seed is greater for this, because it doesn’t require precast in those situations.

In the other hand, if LS won’t bloom, all seeds are wasted and also big portion of mana is wasted. It requires thinking, not mindless pushing buttons. It’s also original mechanism, it’s like PoM, but in more druid style.

The only one problem is that it wouldn’t interact with Symbiosis. If heal wouldn’t be big enough w/o mastery scaling and mathematically mechanism will be better scaled with mastery I have only one idea about it, buff should be treated like HoT and be added to mastery tooltip.

What’s your opinion?
    Last edited by mmoc1d1723c74f; 2011-04-23 at 07:22 PM.

Well thats kind of useless... for burst healing.. when the group is on 10% hp, since it requires damage taken, which you can't predict all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redesign Seed of Life to start "germinating" once it's placed in the player, which will then recieve the heal when the seed blooms. The lifebloom-mechanics are kinda neat and unique for druids, I'd love to see something else like it, and what better thing to see it in than an aoe heal?

Edit: To clarify:

Living Seed
    26% base mana cost
    2,5 second casttime
    Places a living seed in the friendly target and up to X nearby targets. Once placed in the player, the seed will start growing, healing for X over X seconds. After X seconds, the seed blooms healing the player for X.

ToL: Plants seeds in an additional X players.

Ofcourse, tuned to prevent being OP. I would absolutely LOVE a spell like that.
    Last edited by Dassen; 2011-04-23 at 09:21 PM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Redesign Seed of Life to start "germinating" once it's placed in the player, which will then recieve the heal when the seed blooms. The lifebloom-mechanics are kinda neat and unique for druids, I'd love to see something else like it, and what better thing to see it in than an aoe heal?

Edit: To clarify:

Living Seed
    26% base mana cost
    2,5 second casttime
    Places a living seed in the friendly target and up to X nearby targets. Once placed in the player, the seed will start growing, healing for X over X seconds. After X seconds, the seed blooms healing the player for X.

ToL: Plants seeds in an additional X players.

Ofcourse, tuned to prevent being OP. I would absolutely LOVE a spell like that.
    Trying to play Devil's Advocate here:

Why would you "need" another lifebloom like spell? doesn't it do the same except for multuple targets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Trying to play Devil's Advocate here:

Why would you "need" another lifebloom like spell? doesn't it do the same except for multuple targets?
    Never said I needed it, I said I like the lifebloom mechanic and would love to see more of it then proceeded to provide an example of a lifebloom~ish aoe heal. It ought to be rather weak, but even if it would only crit 6-7k per player on bloom it would be a nice little addition.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

how is it burst healing? Name of thread is misleading. You just suck as healer, btw.

Deleted
    how about it becomes a proper "oh S**t cooldown?

make it a 5 min cd that gives a living seed to every raid member within 30 yards that increases healing received by 30% by all sources for 7 seconds.

it would probably promote homogenisation making it a healing cooldown similar of that to PW:B in that it can be a wipe averted ability

Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    how about it becomes a proper "oh S**t cooldown?

make it a 5 min cd that gives a living seed to every raid member within 30 yards that increases healing received by 30% by all sources for 7 seconds.

it would probably promote homogenisation making it a healing cooldown similar of that to PW:B in that it can be a wipe averted ability
    No druid in their right mind wants to spend a cooldown to boost other people's healing the way a shaman's mana tide totem does. I'm sure druids would rather havea selfish cooldown; ie. apply lifebloom to all raid members, or the druids heals for an additional X% for Y seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    No druid in their right mind wants to spend a cooldown to boost other people's healing the way a shaman's mana tide totem does. I'm sure druids would rather havea selfish cooldown; ie. apply lifebloom to all raid members, or the druids heals for an additional X% for Y seconds.
    why? I understand that in a raid context most of it is a pissing contest, DPS meters and healing meters but when I healed ICC 25 I was happy with keeping people alive efficiently not having a pissing contest

Deleted
    i like the living seed idea.. but as someone said.. its not really burst..
    I would suggest a spell that simply blooms.. Puts a nice living seed on YOU .. and after just 1 or 2 sec.. it blooms.. for x amount to nearest x amount of players..

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont play a resto druid but i think now that living seed isnt a req for efflorescence, no one will take it without some changes . My idea is

Living Seed
    1/1 talent
    Your rejuvenation, regrowth, lifebloom, and wild growth have a 75% chance to increase Healing over time effects by 2% on the target stacking 3 times on a single target. (Max 9 stacks)

Living Seed:Bloom
    1/1 talent
    requires 1 talent point in living seed.
    3 second cooldown
    Causes all living seeds to bloom healing 900-1400 health, per stack, to 2 nearby allies. This effect has a 10% chance to cause efflorescence.
    Last edited by dawawe; 2011-04-24 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    If you are talking about redesigning I would pick the magic mushrooms. Everyone gets them but the Detonate ability varies per spec. Boomkin stay as is, Kitties get something kittyish, movement slow or worm tablets or something and resto druids get an insta heal. Much more druidy.

If people use the shrooms offensively in PVP make living seed adjust them for resto so they do healing AND damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    why? I understand that in a raid context most of it is a pissing contest, DPS meters and healing meters but when I healed ICC 25 I was happy with keeping people alive efficiently not having a pissing contest
    You sir are the better druid, but I'm sure most people would rather be selfish.

Restorative Fungi

Tier 6 talent.
    1/1
    Restorative Fungi

Reduce the GCD on your Wild Mushroom and Detonate:Wild Mushroom by 0.5 seconds and causes it to heal all nearby raid/party members within 6 yards for 4074 hp. Removes Sleep and Incapacitate statuses.

Yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to make multiple threads on the same things. Moving this to the other 'aoe healing spell ideas' thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by B2melody88 View Post
    Tier 6 talent.
    1/1
    Restorative Fungi

Reduce the GCD on your Wild Mushroom and Detonate:Wild Mushroom by 0.5 seconds and causes it to heal all nearby raid/party members within 6 yards for 4074 hp. Removes Sleep and Incapacitate statuses.

Yes?
    This would actually be quite awesome.

Also, for burst/switch healing, I'd enjoy seeing spells like Combustion or Soul Swap be given to Druid HOTs.