Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    [strat here]
    Hm, that's very interesting. I've passed this along to my GM to see if we can try this method. With no Crackles in phase 2 it honestly seems like it'd be easier. I just didn't think it was possible because of how hard the adds hit, and also I thought Ony's breath would rez them too. Guess it's just Nef's?

Our guild used several different methods to tank them in p1

Our first tries were using a mage but that nearly never worked.
    So then we used our boomkin who got aggro from all adds -> tanks them for 10 seconds -> they die all on one place ( Our firstkill method)

Then a few kills later we turned our brains on and used a feral cat who switched into bear form and tank them for a few seconds until they die or use an off warrieor to do this jobs. both works perfectly with all the adds dieing on one place so they perfectly rezz in p3.

EDIT: BTW: We did 2 crackles in p1 and 0 crackles in p2 . nef starts p3 with 71% hp and then the dds just nuke him down

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Hm, that's very interesting. I've passed this along to my GM to see if we can try this method. With no Crackles in phase 2 it honestly seems like it'd be easier. I just didn't think it was possible because of how hard the adds hit, and also I thought Ony's breath would rez them too. Guess it's just Nef's?
    No, both dragon rez them, that's why u don't crackle in p1, u need to burn ony before the adds become overpowered.
    In p3, the raid positionning makes that nef never breath on the adds.
    It's really important to keep this position. The adds tank "lead" the raid movement, if he moves, the nef tank moves, if nef tank moves, at some point the raid will move unless they enjoy being tailswipe. What's awesome about this strat is that all the 3 healers can heal both tank.
    For exemple, my buddie raid had paladin, disc, shaman. The shaman was in range to drop earthshield on the add tank, beacon of light worked 90% of the time (sometime the add tank was too far), and the disc was able to launch a bubble / cooldown when adds become too bigs.
    The strat is really good, we use it in hardmode, and I can tell u that u have to kite them way longer in hardmode.
    But your add tank have to be good. because if he fail (let say add were at 20 energy and they get refreshed) well... that's most likely gg.

The 2 wrong things that can happen (except tank dying cuz he failed)
    1- Add die, but one comes in the raid, and lucky as you are, flame peanut in the center. I'd say that 95% of the time it's a wipe.
    2- Tank tanks too close from the center and fire reach the center. It will make things a lil'bit harder but that should not make a wipe.
    Last edited by Magicochon; 2011-04-24 at 03:40 PM.

This is very interesting, as my guild is just now starting up Nefarian. However is this strat possible on 25man?

I do it as a feral dps for us. Pickup all the adds, group em up where you want em, pop Natures Grasp, wait for 3 adds to get rooted then take a few steps back out of their mellee range. From here you dont even need to worry bout kiting them, just straight tank, remember to get them in a nice tight stack to avoid problems with them being ressed at different times in p3.

Other than that we use the "tank nef in the middle" strat and only push crackles in p2 if all the healers feel they are upto it.

Deleted
    I've seen a reti paladin handle them without too much problem. Long arm keeps him at a safe distance then holy wrath to stun them all once they're nicely grouped up. A bit of support from a shaman totem or ring of frost certainly doesn't hurt, but it's not necessary either.

I think the most important thing to remember with the adds in phase 1 is that you're in a group with 9 other people... there's nothing wrong with having other players chip in as long as you get through phase 1 smoothly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Pretty standard hardmode tactic afaik.

Deleted
    Very interesting Magicochon, seeing that we just started on Nef normal this night. We had our ret kite the adds, but he took a crap load of dmg. We made it through ph1 several times, but the dmg took a lot of healers mana. I've been working my head to figure out a better way, but we don't have a spectacular comp tbh.

1 Feral bear
    1 Random tank (not bear)

1 Fury warrior
    1 Ret pala

1 Lock
    1 Fire Mage
    1 Spriest

2 HPala
    1 Resto shaman (very undergeared though skilled - his mana drops fast)

I've thought about having the mage go Frost, but he doesn't seem too keen on doing that. We don't have a DK, Boomchick or Feral cat available. But with your tac, we might actually not have the kiting problem.

I also thought about having our mage and shaman help sheep/hex, but don't know if we would loose out on too much dps.

During ph 2 we had issues with healing. I think that was mostly due to using 2 HPala but not too sure.

If anyone have any advice or suggestions to make Nef easier on us with the comp we have, pls feel free to do so.