Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    OP asked in trade for an non specified alchemist to make one bar with the mats for one.

No problem here with said alchemist keeping any that procced.

If the OP asked in trade for a transmute specced alchemist it would be different story. If you specify you want a transmute spec alchemist it's pretty damn clear what you are after.

From the sounds of things,the OP either never agreed that he should recieve any procs from the mats he provided, or he had no idea the alchemist he found in trade was transmute spec. In either case, no agreement was reached on what do to do with the procs.

The OP staked no claim to the procs, therefore they are the sole property of the alchemist.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-04-24 at 03:00 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aldana View Post
    I didn't mean for such a negative feedback. Calm down child....
    It is not negative feedback. You just didn't get a single person to agree with your obscure vision of how the market should work and are upset If anyone looks childish it is you. You expect something for free and are jealous of someone else prospering. That is extremely childish.
    I like sandwiches

there has already been a thread very similar to this.
    but i think it is very reasonable that the alchemist keeps the procs. it is their proffesion bonus. if you want to keep the procs go level up your own alchemy with transmute spec (same goes for flasks and potions). if you give the alchemist the materials for ONE item, you get ONE item. nothing is stopping you from buying the procs, the alchemist will probably sell it to you at a good price for the quick sale.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This x100...
    It's OUR proc not yours, your paying for, or bringing mats for 1, you get 1. YOU sir are trying to get the free ride off OUR prof. proc.
    You know, the same thing could be said for enchanting. But that will derail this thread faster than a train wreck. How bout only I get the "DE" button option since it's MY enchanting that I leveled. Stop trying to get a free ride off of something I personally leveled (Now, you have to have a certain level of enchanting to be able to DE everything and it's not extremely low like it was in Wrath). Yet, for every damn instance anyone who isn't an enchanter gets a free ride by being able to click DE (my skill) and gets a shot at getting enchanting mats for a profession they don't even have. At least you get paid for your services.

Sorry, that argument just makes me angrier than a knocked over hornet's nest...
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-04-24 at 03:03 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Every alch should just sell any proc for half of AH price to the buyer, thats how i do it. Fair to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Clicky!

When you supply the mats, you supply the mats for the item without procs. Procs are that particular alchemist's real perk. You would be the one looking for a "free ride" if you expected the item AND the proc for just the cost of the single item. There's nothing shady going on. At all.

And no, I don't have an alchemist.

Boils down to how you ask.

If you're buying the transmute cool down, you get the outcome of the process of transmuting, proc or not because for that transaction you're buying the services. In this case, you should party up and check that the other guy actually creates the truegold.

If you're looking to transmute a piece of truegold with your mats, you get a piece of truegold for your mats. In this case, you can don't party up because any non-alche who have truegold can just swap that for the mats. Equivalent to simple trading.

Also you can just find another transmute alchemist to do it for you if someone doesn't fullfil your expectations. It's your business they're trying to earn, you make the call.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2011-04-24 at 03:11 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds fair to me. You farmed those mats for one transmute and the alchemist does his job, why should you get more if you farmed the mats just for one? Now Whether he is specced into transmute master or not shouldn't really concern you, after all, if an elixir master was making the transmute, there would be no proc anyway. It is that alchemy spec way of making money and as others mentioned it has a long CD and it is not like he can go and transmute every 5 minutes.

To be honest, offering you free of charge if there is a proc is actually nice of the alchemist to do (or a way to undercut competition) because in the end you end up with a free transmute and save money. I mean think about it, if you also demand the proc, it is more or less making money from someone else's profession while using their services. I am not an alchemist, but even if there was a proc, it still seems fair if the alchemists charges the 50g or so as well.

His crafting, his terms. If you want to keep the procs, find an alchemist that's ok with it, even if they're more expensive
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post

It shouldn't, It's not about getting paid for the button pushing, it would be like if you were to DE something and getting 2 boxes to pop up, one being what said item DEd into, the other would be the "proc" or extra. Now, someone comes to you and wants to use your DE. But he also wants everything in both boxes, just for coming to you for your prof (the one you not only picked up but the path you had to specifically chose for that proc) and only providing mats for 1... That in my book is not fair. So it may make you mad but it seems the fairest.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    You know, the same thing could be said for enchanting. But that will derail this thread faster than a train wreck. How bout only I get the "DE" button option since it's MY enchanting that I leveled. Stop trying to get a free ride off of something I personally leveled (Now, you have to have a certain level of enchanting to be able to DE everything and it's not extremely low like it was in Wrath). Yet, for every damn instance anyone who isn't an enchanter gets a free ride by being able to click DE (my skill) and gets a shot at getting enchanting mats for a profession they don't even have. At least you get paid for your services.

To be honest DE items and transmute procs can't really be compared to each other as arguments. The real reason DE is available for all if there is an enchanter in the party is because DE trend started in TBC and in the end it took a lot of time to do in the process or at the end and it involved a lot of ninja looting such as "I'll DE everything that is not needed at the end." and instead they just poofed and were gone. Besides, you are an enchanter and even Blizz has stated this a few times during the implementation of this DE system that the profession is made to focus on making money through enchanting instead of disenchanting and selling mats.

Disenchanting is a sub skill of a profession like smelting for miners, making pigments for scribes and etc. Unfortunately just happens that demand for enchanting materials is higher than demand for smelting or ink pigments. Where as alchemy specs and procs are the main focus of their profession and a big part of their money making.

So you could pay some gold to get 1 truegold bar,or you could pay nothing to get 1 truegold bar and the transmuter will get one to himself too, so what you complain about?

I think the alchemist is in the right. He laid out his terms beforehand and they're not unfair - not everyone is a transmutation master. He could have gone with another mastery and he'd be getter more items to sell on the AH without blowing any CDs. He's got to get something out of going transmutation mastery, right? At the very least, he's giving you some kind of benefit if he gets a proc.

On another note, it's rare to see unanimous opinions anywhere on the internet, and this thread contains one. Never thought I'd see the day.

Those are pretty damn good terms on my server. I'm an alchemist AND a transmute master. Most of the time I just do volatile life-> air for a quick profit, but when someone needs a truegold here's my terms:

1. You pay me 100g for the cooldown. This guarantees you 1 bar.
    2. If I proc bars, you have the option of buying them from me for 100g. This is roughly 25% AH price on my server.
    3. If you don't want any bonus procs (it happens) I'll give you back your 100g.

I state this up-front, and they agree to it every time. They generally don't even ask me to do a 'transmute master' link to verify that I am what I claim to be. So far I've never had anyone refuse or complain, and only rarely do people try to haggle my prices.

Aldanna, I think 50g is a bargain, and I wouldn't sweat giving up a hypothetical bar. It procs about 15% of the time, roughly 1 day a week. You really think today is your day?

It's perfectly fair business. If you don't like the deal look for another alch..