Deleted

Quick question about Crossfire

Is it possible to pop crossfire with two different cards (one 5770 and one 6xxx/7xxx card)? And if so, is there anything I should think about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It has to be within the same sub series(Aka 5770 and 5750 or 6870 and 6850).
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Yes and no. The first two digits must match, so with 5770 card the other one has to be 57xx, 6k's will not work.

Anyway, 5770 is so old/slow by today's standards that you'd do better just getting one newer card instead of buying another old and slow 5770.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Yes and no. The first two digits must match, so with 5770 card the other one has to be 57xx, 6k's will not work.

Anyway, 5770 is so old/slow by today's standards that you'd do better just getting one newer card instead of buying another old and slow 5770.
    My 5770 still runs everyting I throw at it pretty happily.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    My 5770 still runs everyting I throw at it pretty happily.
    Yes, it does, but buying new 5770 now is not recommended because it's soon 2 years old card, and there are plenty of better options available.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Yes, it does, but buying new 5770 now is not recommended because it's soon 2 years old card, and there are plenty of better options available.
    Yeah you're right. I'd never crossfire them, not for the tiny performance gain you get anyway, and all the compatibility issues.