15+ Year Old Account

Mapster replacement?

well, I'm currently pretty excited with Mapster. There is only one problem I have:

Stonecore.

When I'm in that instance and I open the map (and therefore mapster), I see the instance map for a split of a second, and then I'm back at the top-most world map (the two spheres - outland + azeroth). this happens only in stonecore.
    now the question is:
    is there a replacement for mapster? or is this a problem caused by another addon...? any idea?

It's not that important though, but it is really annoying somehow...

Oddly enough I have been having the same issue.
    Also using mapster so interesting that its doing the same.
    I will have to see if I can recreate the problem without mapster.

15+ Year Old Account
    hm, this obviously is caused by mapster itself, if you experience the same issue. So the assumption, that a "replacement" for mapster would be the best solution until this is fixed (if it gets fixed at all) wasn't so wrong... so... is there any alternative for mapster? I haven't found a real one by now, cartographer seems to be discontinued since 3.2 or something...

Not tested, but m_Map @ WoWInterface seems to have at least some of the functionality that mapster offered.
    The only alternative I have found so far.

Though I still find it odd that it would only be stonecore, even if mapster is reponsible or not it would be very odd to be limited to a single dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    hm, this obviously is caused by mapster itself
    It's not that obvious. Any addon can change the current world map displayed - it is bad coding, but can happen.

PS: Mapster is from the same author as Cartographer used to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, it isn't mapster so far, because I have the issue without mapster as well... still strange. and yes - I also have the issue with m_map... damn it...

Ok I have recreated the circumstances, by which dying and then reentering the dungeon to ressurect will trigger the bug.
    Disabled all addons and the issue does not occur.
    Going to be doing several attempts to narrow down the addon responsible.

Edit:
    Found the addon resonsible - TomTom.
    Now to report this to the author, and to try to find an alternative in the meantime.
    Might try out TomTom Lite @ WoWInterface and see if that works.

Edit 2:
    After contacting the author of the addon, they have uploaded a new version which appears to have fixed it.
    TomTom @ WoWInterface.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-04-25 at 09:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Edit 2:
    After contacting the author of the addon, they have uploaded a new version which appears to have fixed it.
    TomTom @ WoWInterface.
    nice to read this! thanks a lot for the effort you put in to find out that tom tom causes this. I would never have had the sheer Idea that tomtom could cause this. I'll try out this evening and see if it's fixed. you say, I have to die within stonecore and fly back in myself to create the bug? so I'll try this out with the updated tomtom version and see if the bug is still here.

Well since the issue was proving an annoyance for me too, then it was worth looking into.
    Usually I would have just reloaded the UI upon entering the dungeon to resolve the issue temporarily, but that was tedious to do on a recent run which proved to be a wipefest.
    Just a case of disabling all but a minority of addons and then entering, dying and then ressurecting back inside to trigger it.
    Being map related did narrow down the addons I was planning on testing initially, and that proved correct and luckily not something really obscure which would have taken longer to identify.
    You can test it solo yes which is how I did my testing.