Why would you care though?

Not sure. I don't work at Anet. I have no investment in their success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Why would you care though?
    This. idgaf about idiots being swayed by online personalities.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

IT BOTHERS ME WHEN PEOPLE USE THEIR POWERS FOR EVIL! kek
    I get just as annoyed when any personality with any kind of significant fanbase bashes something with straight up false information.

Deleted
    Mang, TGS podcast was pretty cool when it came out. But it's just the same guys talking about the same stuff every week. They should either rotate the crew more, make it once a month or cut the filler. Hell, maybe all three.

Still, I'd probably watch it if I had a lot of spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Mang, TGS podcast was pretty cool when it came out. But it's just the same guys talking about the same stuff every week. They should either rotate the crew more, make it once a month or cut the filler. Hell, maybe all three.

Still, I'd probably watch it if I had a lot of spare time.
    I enjoy it being long and (semi) often. I listen to it while working, so I'm fine with them rambling about nothing. If I was spending all of my focus on it and watching 3hours of video at home when I could be doing something else, I wouldn't watch/listen to it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    IT BOTHERS ME WHEN PEOPLE USE THEIR POWERS FOR EVIL! kek
    I get just as annoyed when any personality with any kind of significant fanbase bashes something with straight up false information.
    How do you ever manage to make it through the American election season?

I agree with enjoying the length and frequency of TGS podcast. Though I haven't had the time lately to watch much of any podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How do you ever manage to make it through the American election season?

I agree with enjoying the length and frequency of TGS podcast. Though I haven't had the time lately to watch much of any podcasts.
    By not being American, silly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Asura gun

At this point the Peace Maker/Keeper thing is just confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Bookah please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Another Asura gun

Must have! *scribbles it on the "collect the following pure awesomeness"-list*

Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    Must have! *scribbles it on the "collect the following pure awesomeness"-list*
    I think it looks silly, but I've also never been a huge fan of guns in my fantasy settings in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks silly, but I've also never been a huge fan of guns in my fantasy settings in general.
    But you're a bookah, thus your opinion is invalid.

Deleted
    I like guns and crossbows in fantasy settings if it fits the class/gamestyle, but to each their own. This one would look really cool on an Asura Engineer, or Ranger, in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    I like guns and crossbows in fantasy settings if it fits the class/gamestyle, but to each their own. This one would look really cool on an Asura Engineer, or Ranger, in my mind.
    Rangers can't use rifles, silly.

Deleted
    Rangers can't use rifles, silly.
    *hangs ears*

Deleted
    I think rifles / pistols are awesome. Love the steampunk feeling.

Some "clockwork"/animated weapons mentioned on the video below. Charr weapons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoWg...outu.be&t=2m5s

Does each race get different models for a given piece of gear? Like, would Greatsword of Amazingness have a different model if a charr wielded it vs an asura?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Does anyone agree with me that they can't achieve a perfect balance with downscaling?
    Bit late, been at work...

As has been said, I too was under the impression that they were fine that folk would be a touch higher than required for the area when downscaled.

I imagine they have lots of data and tables that display the average stats of each class at various levels...so it would be possible for them to apply that by adding a multiplier to all outgoing and incoming effects - to turn you in to a perfectly average example of the class for the level. You'll have more skills, of course...so have that extra level of versatility...if they *wanted* they could limit that too.

I think though in designing those kinds of systems, often you can try to be too clever - when a simple solution is just as fun for the player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I think rifles / pistols are awesome. Love the steampunk feeling.

Some "clockwork"/animated weapons mentioned on the video below. Charr weapons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoWg...outu.be&t=2m5s
    Those are awesome!