Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ugh, that's such a terrible model. They do it with City of Heroes, and it's just plain terrible.
    You should check out the restrictions with its "F2P". It's just...........well. Can't say.
    Just look
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You should check out the restrictions with its "F2P". It's just...........well. Can't say.
    Just look
    wow.. no thanks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    wow.. no thanks for me.
    I'll play. I want the story, as it's supposed to be on of the best in the business. And to experience the universe: always been a huge star wars fan. For the basic $15 that's ok for me.
    OPs (raids) mean nothing to me.

Anyway.........about that GW2.
    Yay stress test!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look
    Do they at least get access to all classes?
    Cause you don't in CoH.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Do they at least get access to all classes?
    Cause you don't in CoH.
    They haven't said yet.
    If I can't play the....Inquisitor....I won't be happy.
    I think they've already said that species will be restricted.

Deleted
    Probably not worth making an individual thread about this so I thought I'd post it here instead.

Could anyone tell me which graphical options are the most demanding in WvW specifically? I'm fine out in the world but when there's large groups assaulting Stonemist etc. it gets a bit too choppy for my liking.

Makes me wish Arenanet would allow us to have automated settings for general play and large scale PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallv View Post
    Probably not worth making an individual thread about this so I thought I'd post it here instead.

Could anyone tell me which graphical options are the most demanding in WvW specifically? I'm fine out in the world but when there's large groups assaulting Stonemist etc. it gets a bit too choppy for my liking.

Makes me wish Arenanet would allow us to have automated settings for general play and large scale PvP.
    I should think shadows, particle effects and FXAA.
    The settings are all customizable so just move those down when in WvW if you have problems.
    There's also a generic graphical slider you can use that will move everything up or down.

Deleted
    I should think shadows, particle effects and FXAA.
    The settings are all customizable so just move those down when in WvW if you have problems.
    There's also a generic graphical slider you can use that will move everything up or down.
    I was pretty much doing that anyway but it gets annoying if you're hopping between the various borderlands and the Eternal Battlegrounds. It'd be so much easier if the game could just apply preset options while you're waiting on the loading screen.

Do you recall which setting controls particle effects? Unlike FXAA and shadows, that wasn't as clearly labelled.

Shadows are a big one, as is Particle Effects. Shaders might have an effect, but it shouldn't be a large one. FXAA is big and with more and more people running around, Hi Rez Characters I would say.

I was pretty much doing that anyway but it gets annoying if you're hopping between the various borderlands and the Eternal Battlegrounds. It'd be so much easier if the game could just apply preset options while you're waiting on the loading screen.

Do you recall which setting controls particle effects? Unlike FXAA and shadows, that wasn't as clearly labelled.
    Not sure if it still works........but add -useoldlauncher to the target in a shortcut to the launcher. You can play with settings there. I can't remember off the top of my head where particle effects were.

Edit: Just tried it...still works....can't see anything specific but the rendering should work.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-10 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    Shadows are a big one, as is Particle Effects. Shaders might have an effect, but it shouldn't be a large one. FXAA is big and with more and more people running around, Hi Rez Characters I would say.
    Thanks, I'll make a note of these for tomorrow/today's test.

Not sure if it still works........but add -useoldlauncher to the target in a shortcut to the launcher. You can play with settings there. I can't remember off the top of my head where particle effects were.

Edit: Just tried it...still works....can't see anything specific but the rendering should work.
    I have Anti-Aliasing, Render Sampling, Textures, Environment, Shadows, Shaders, Reflections, Post-Processing and Animation. None mention spell/particle effects.
    Last edited by mmocd1e1b40705; 2012-08-10 at 02:36 AM.

I'll play. I want the story, as it's supposed to be on of the best in the business. And to experience the universe: always been a huge star wars fan. For the basic $15 that's ok for me.
    OPs (raids) mean nothing to me.

Anyway.........about that GW2.
    Yay stress test!
    ive played it. it's fine for a single player GW1 type. other than that.. nope.

on topic:
    don't think ill get to play next stress test since sis will be home (gotta play it on her comp)

Yea, fantastic leveling process in TOR. Endgame is rather weak- too sparse, too simple, too grindy. Somewhat bizarre the best parts of TOR are being given away for but the worst parts are being charged for. o_O;

Did you guys notice Anet changed some of the mobs in this stress test and added new events/POIs/vistas? Think they are doing zone passes leading up to the launch. Mob density and type has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, fantastic leveling process in TOR. Endgame is rather weak- too sparse, too simple, too grindy. Somewhat bizarre the best parts of TOR are being given away for but the worst parts are being charged for. o_O;

Did you guys notice Anet changed some of the mobs in this stress test and added new events/POIs/vistas? Think they are doing zone passes leading up to the launch. Mob density and type has changed.
    I'll have to check that out tomorrow, I slept through the test earlier today sadly, only had time to do 1 spvp match. Sounds interesting.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'll have to check that out tomorrow, I slept through the test earlier today sadly, only had time to do 1 spvp match. Sounds interesting.
    There was a new heart event I had not see in Wayfarer Hills before. When my sis pointed it out, sure enough I no longer had the zone 100%.

I thought it was really neat too! It was a bit of a puzzle. Had to figure out what a bunch of Jotun wanted- one wanted a shovel, the other a truffles and so on. The goal was to trade among all four Jotun until you collected enough runes to fill the heart event.

Took us a while to figure out. It was hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

That is good to know.
    Sometimes, u just want to get to ur own PoI lol. And it's always fun to see if u can dance around mobs. And plus.....sometimes trying to kite and running into respawns was a real.......yh.
    I have Anti-Aliasing, Render Sampling, Textures, Environment, Shadows, Shaders, Reflections, Post-Processing and Animation. None mention spell/particle effects.
    Yh I don't see anything specific....but I think rendering will cover it pretty well.
    Hoping for a particle effects slider at release.

Deleted
    Does anyone happen to have a HD 6870 card and tested the game on august the 9th ? If so, what did you run the game at ?

I own a 6870 and tried it on various settings and noticed very little difference between Medium and Ultra (or high on that matter) but my FPS would very rarely be above 25 FPS. I think my CPU (E6750) would require an upgrade sometime soon, but the fact that i hardly noticed a difference was pretty annoying, is this part of the beta or what's the deal ?

I noticed the density change in Metrica.

Roughly these were the areas I noticed fewer mobs:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Does anyone happen to have a HD 6870 card and tested the game on august the 9th ? If so, what did you run the game at ?

I own a 6870 and tried it on various settings and noticed very little difference between Medium and Ultra (or high on that matter) but my FPS would very rarely be above 25 FPS. I think my CPU (E6750) would require an upgrade sometime soon, but the fact that i hardly noticed a difference was pretty annoying, is this part of the beta or what's the deal ?
    During the stress test, I have the same GPU you do, on medium I run about 30ish fps. I don't run the game with fraps or some other program to measure my fps, but it wasn't terrible for me, it was more than playable. I did try to play the game at max settings with supersampling, and I only had a minor performance hit, perhaps knocking my fps 5-10 frames at most. It's only improved for me gradually over the betas and stress tests, but the stress tests aren't a very good gauge because... well... they're stress tests.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post

I could get 100 fps on minimum. About 30 on full maximum settings. 60-70 with shadows and reflections off.