Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Poor addicts.

I'm looking forward to it, but not really freaking out or anything. GW2 feels like a bacon sundae to me. As in, it has all the parts of things I love, but for some reason I don't feel motivated at all to eat it. None of the classes have really jumped out at me as being, "The one class that I really had fun with." and the last stress test while my wife was spending 35 minutes making a new character I caught myself hoping that she just spent the full hour on it so I wouldn't have to log in.

Could just be the, "It's beta so I don't wanna play and spoil it." feeling, but meh. Kinda disturbing.[/FONT]
    I like to have a little bit of variety myself. Right now I am feeling a slightly burnt out on my current MMOs. Playing a bit of Raiderz and Path of Exile last couple days.

But feel I need a change of gaming pace or merely new scenery.

Deleted
    Poor addicts.

I'm looking forward to it, but not really freaking out or anything. GW2 feels like a bacon sundae to me. As in, it has all the parts of things I love, but for some reason I don't feel motivated at all to eat it. None of the classes have really jumped out at me as being, "The one class that I really had fun with." and the last stress test while my wife was spending 35 minutes making a new character I caught myself hoping that she just spent the full hour on it so I wouldn't have to log in.

Could just be the, "It's beta so I don't wanna play and spoil it." feeling, but meh. Kinda disturbing.[/FONT]
    This is kinda how I felt during the TSW betas...am afraid the indifference only increased - even though by rights I *should* like the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just 10 more days yet it feels like a lifetime away. :/

Woke up this morning and thought, "Maybe there will be another 1 hour ST tomorrow?" in pathetic desperation.

/idle thought
    I thought you were all cool cucumberesque about the whole thing?

If it's any consolation (probably not) I've caught myself looking at the gw2status more than is strictly necessary...and hoping for a stress test...and counting how many hours of work I have in the office if I factor in working from home.

LOL I was cucumberesque until launch got closer and closer. ;p

Wouldn't be so bad if it were the perfect storm of MMO downtime for me right now. Basically done progressing till the next major update in several games. IF GW2 wasn't so close I'd start up Tera again or something. Just mulling about Aion/Raiderz for the next 10 days or so though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Armorsmith/Leatherworker/Tailor - armor/bags
    Jeweler/Chef - self-instructional
    Artificer - Scepter/Trident/Staff/Focus
    Huntsman - Warhorn/Torch/Rifles/Pistols/Bows/Harpoons
    Weaponsmith - rest

Choose 2.
    I chose all. Thanks Anet for allowing changing profs and keeping their progress.
    I will have one main character with ALL professions maxed. I do not care how much it'll cost, nor how long it'll take (2k+h on gw1, 5k on wow... what's a few hundred ?), but i will have them all.

Poor addicts.

I didn't feel all that motivated in the betas and stress tests just due to the fact that everything will be gone. I think you'll find your enjoyment will increase for release.

Path of Exile until GW2 is out. it's a good time waster really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    LOL I was cucumberesque until launch got closer and closer. ;p

Wouldn't be so bad if it were the perfect storm of MMO downtime for me right now. Basically done progressing till the next major update in several games. IF GW2 wasn't so close I'd start up Tera again or something. Just mulling about Aion/Raiderz for the next 10 days or so though.
    I've personally found that playing through old single-player games really does the trick.

More specifically, games that have that action-RPG feel to the combat. The old PS2 Ratchet and Clank games held me over for a bit. I haven't gone and touched the Jak and Daxter series yet...
    But re-playing through the Assassin's Creed games has been helping pass the time some, as well.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hmm I sadly hadn't the chance to explore the personal story as far as I would like, so I have some questions. o_o
    It seems like the answers in your biography decide just the first two plot lines, is that correct?

[spoiler and stuff!]

So when you choose Human Street Rat with Dead Sister, you'll first take out Pete and his gang and than the bandits to retrieve your not-so-dead sister.
    But both arcs are more a "disguise" (plotwise) to meet Logan so that you've a reason to get involved in the whole war-against-dragon stuff, aren't they?
    Same with Asura&Zojja, Sylvari&Caithe and so on.
    Will the personal story from this point on be more or less the same for Nobles, Commoners and Street Rats with just some minor twists?
    What I mean is that further branches later won't be based on your origin? Is that already known?

I'm still struggling with my final combination, and it would be helpful to know if I could at least base my decision just on the first two arcs, as the rest will be exclusively based on ingame choices and I'm not "locked and doomed" forever.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-14 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spoilers, dear.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Use [ Spoiler] [ /Spoiler] and people wount have to see things they dont want to see

Deleted
    I bought the GoA and EoD books last week and I guess I get them tomorrow... I really hope they are as good as people have said. It would be fun to see things from the books in game and to actually know some back story and so on in a game. Aaand, it might just keep me occupied until release. :3

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Use [ Spoiler] [ /Spoiler] and people wount have to see things they dont want to see
    Sorry. =< The spoiler tag is just so ugly in this forum!
    But thanks for ninja edit Fencers. =) It's saver this way I guess.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-14 at 09:51 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Pre-Purchase with 3-Day Headstart: Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period.

Cannot bold that part enough.

"However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior"

Should probably get up earlier than 9 AM then!

I HOPE it comes up early i can play for a couple hours then. if not.. ill jump on name toons and go to bed.

So, with tonights announcement, it looks like "spam the login button" from 9Pacific on !

it will feel weird playing Guild wars any time we like

Deleted
    Can you log in to the stress test with normal game account or do you need an beta account to download for it?

Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    it will feel weird playing Guild wars any time we like
    Can't wait for that feeling though. :P