Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    If they did that there wouldn't be a need to buy extra slots.

It's how it worked in the first one too. Prophecies had four slots and each expansion added 2 so if you wanted to play as every profession you had to buy two more slots (or not have your accounts linked...)
    sure,, there wouldn't be a need WoW has 10 slots a server 1 for each class, yet people still want more

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Yeah, but how many people actually pre-ordered? I was like 14 at the time and my income was limited.
    Well I did for factions/nightfall, I was in my mid 20's by that point though and while a collage student/recent graduate budget is still pretty tight I'll admit its probably better than 14. On the other hand I have no idea what the preorder bonus was for EOTN. I'd stoped playing for a while and totaly missed even hearing about it till about 2 months after its release.

Still I suspect we will be able to have one of each class but probably not much extra as far as character slots go with the base game. That would fit with the not feeling limited but still allow for folks to buy more slots if they want to double up. The fact is some folks will want characters of the same class with different races. I knew one guy in wow that had 4 lvl 80 priests for most of wrath, I didnt understand the point but it was his money not mine.

Who is John Galt?

... sigh o_O
    Last edited by Rafy; 2011-07-16 at 04:15 AM.
    Stop standing in fire...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    ... sigh o_O
    What's with the sigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    What's with the sigh?
    Because there is so much to talk about that the conversation has turned to...pricing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Because there is so much to talk about that the conversation has turned to...pricing.
    I guess we could do with some sort of news. Asura week, or Messmer announcement, whatever.

Well I guess I'll add some not-so-interesting news. ArenaNet artists wins some more awards. Grand Master Dociu
    They are the best in the business. Congratulations to Daniel and Kekai.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    To add some discussion, what do you like the most and least about GW2 currently?

I am really liking the dynamic events, but I am worried that there may not be enough PvE content at max level.

At this point I'm most concerned about how little information we have on PvP (at least that I've found). That's one thing that is a big draw for me (I love me some good old PvP, best times I had were doing world PvP [the real kind] and playing with people doing their GM grind back in classic WoW) because it isn't always the same thing.

What do I like most? Not really sure, there are a number of things I like, just nothing I can really point my finger at as "this is my favorite".

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of info and footage is what I don't like about GW2. What they promise is amazing a lot of what they said is what I would want for an MMO, what they can deliver I'm still very skeptical on that.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the marketing best. Genius the way things are worded. =)

I like the environmental art and what they are attempting to do in terms of renovation of the genre.

I'm skeptical about the lack of trinity and what that will mean for encounters with grouping.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Please list your source because I'm 99% sure there will be, just as there was in GW1.

You can't compare it with GW1 in that regard because the games were stand-alone, on their own they gave you 4 slots if you had another campaign you only got 2 slots, the expansion (EotN) gave no slots and the model GW2 is using is the expansion one so I don't think they will give any slots.
    They could add extra slots per expansion if they wanted though, more incentive to buy the expansion and it would give you more reason to play as more professions. Is it likely? Probably not. Could they do it though? Absolutely.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I'm skeptical about the lack of trinity and what that will mean for encounters with grouping.
    I believe everyone should be skeptical of the lack of trinity, but I think it appeals to people who are bored of the trinity aspect, especially WoW's trinity where the only "unique" encounters have gimmick mechanics (gongs, electrocutes w/ lava swimming, Al'Akir).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Like most the dynamic events and WvW vW PvP, am hopeful they make it awesome

Favorite thing: WvWvW

Least favorite thing: Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    Last I knew Scouts are merely there to assist the less adventurous people. You don't need to use them if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    Favorite thing: WvWvW

You dont have to use the scouts if you dont like them. They are there for folks that dont want to just explore and would rather a bit more hand holding to tell them where to go next.

Who is John Galt?

Favourite thing(s): combat, PvP and the way combat will enhance basically everything else that is awesome in the game (dynamic events, dungeons, exploring etc).
    Sceptical about: invisible walls. Those buggers is the only concern I have. I love the environment but I feel that if the level design isn't good enough, players will feel really restricted with where they can go. If there are clear paths to the "background" art, but an invisible wall in the way, it will ruin quite a lot for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know when the final class will be revealed?

Or when Beta is starting, and will it be open or we have to register? I think D3 beta is starting end of august, between that and GW2 I'm in for some good times

Well, Comic-Con is next week, and PAX and Gamescom are coming up. We wont really know until ArenaNet decides to reveal it.