I'm sure this has already been discussed, but after seeing the giant dragon bosses and stuff and how they are "somewhat" stationary, are the boss fight mechanics going to be unique or will they be pretty straightforward?

I am a total advocate for the game and think the gameplay and graphics both look phenomenal! I just hope that these fights won't be "tank and spank" ez. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    I'm sure this has already been discussed, but after seeing the giant dragon bosses and stuff and how they are "somewhat" stationary, are the boss fight mechanics going to be unique or will they be pretty straightforward?

I am a total advocate for the game and think the gameplay and graphics both look phenomenal! I just hope that these fights won't be "tank and spank" ez. Thanks!
    There can't really be a "tank and spank" fight due to no tanks, but as to how the tactics for bosses from DE's will play out is yet to really be seen. Due to the nature of DE's aswell, they can't be too over complicated since you're not exactly going to be doing most of them with organised groups, but more random people that also happen to be there.

Anet have said that there will be hard DE's for organised groups, but some harder DE's that don't require then. Though from what we've seen everything is very visual for what you have to do, so hopefully "baddies" can pick it up easy, that they have to do X whilst not standing in Y, or while the boss does Z.

Those big dragon fights looked a lot more involved than a "tank n spank" to me. I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard.

Cool thank you both , you're right it is way too early to tell... and I know that these demos have governors on them for the sake of demonstration. I am SO glad there won't be designated tanks/healers, because i'm playing SWTOR right now as a placeholder for GW2 and finding groups is somewhat of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post

There is no "tanking", per se. :P

I think on live servers, many of the large bosses will be more objective based rather than mechanics based. I.E. power up this laser to fire at the dragon while X, Y, Z happen in the field of play. At least more so than Akylois or Madness of Deathwing.

Merely speculation based what I have seen, ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I can't play GW1 as a stand alone game, when there's nobody really to play with.
    You should join a guild if you want to play with others. Also, if you feel alone it might be because you are in a less popular district such as Europe EN. If so, I suggest you got to the American districts or if you speak the language, the German ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no "tanking", per se. :P
    Beat me to it
    How can they be tank and spank if they are no tanks

Been following this game since 2009 I think, and I've never wanted it more than I do now.

I'm done with WoW for now, no doubt the best MMO I've played and it's been fun. But every single content patch gets old so fast. Will probably go back to WoW when the final expansion is released.

Been playing SWTOR now since launch but the TERRIBLE optimization and truckloads of bugs and faction balance issues has taken it's toll.

I loved Rift but none of my friends or guildmates liked it so that's really not an option right now.

So for the love of god! Let open beta start REALLY soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Interview with Ree Soesbee (she does lore and story):
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...w-ree-soesbee/

Just to save you the "oh FFS" moment after you finish reading the first page, if you scroll down the audio player is at the bottom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Interview with Ree Soesbee (she does lore and story):
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...w-ree-soesbee/

Just to save you the "oh FFS" moment after you finish reading the first page, if you scroll down the audio player is at the bottom.
    OH FFS Mif, stupid Asura!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    stupid Asura
    Bookah

Deleted
    Excellent interview! Cheers Mif!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I lol'd

Ree is kinda awesome.

Deleted
    Exceptional interview you linked there Mif! Ree really knows her stuffs, and that does indeed feel good!
    Feels like GW2 got some of the top-notch people from the gaming industries onto everything, God I want this game now!

The end when Ree was talking about Edge of Destiny stuff was like "YEEEESSSSSSSS!", but then it ended. Can't wait for her book.

Also, I knew Logan wasn't mez'd. Damn Logan defenders kept waving that Jenna crap around. I was, "No way. Logan is kind of a dork, guys."

Deleted
    Heya

OK so I want to buy/build my own computer! Tired of buying generic shite, Where there is no control with the components. I am not a complete noob but no pro either, so I could really use some constructive criticism on the following whether it's good or bad:

Processor
    Intel® Core i7-960 Processor
    Socket-LGA1366, Quad Core, 3.2Ghz, 8MB, 130W, QPI: 4,8GT/sec, Boxed w/fan

Harddrive
    Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
    SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5"

Motherboard
    ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366(1600 og 1333MHz) SATA PCI-e 2,0
    ATX, X58, DDR3, 3xPCIe(2.0)x16, CFX&SLI, SATA6Gb/s, USB 3.0, FW, TUF, CeraM!X

RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
    Kit w/2x 4GB, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V, Vengeance Red Heatspreader, 240 pin

Video Card
    XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 "Dual Fan" Current 550W
    PCI-Express 2.1, 2xDVI, HDMI, 2xmini-DisplayPort, 800MHz

Cabinet 685kr
    Corsair Carbide 400R Midi Tower Sort
    Fans: 2x 1202mm Front, 1x Bag 120mm, ATX, mATX, 2x USB 3.0

Current
    Corsair HX 650W PSU
    ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus Bronze, Modular, 4x 6+2-pin PCIe, 9x SATA, 120mm Fan

Samsung DVD±RW Writer, SH-222AB
    SATA, DVD±R: 22x DVD+RW: 8x, DVD-RW: 6x, DVD-RAM: 12x, Bulk, BLACK

Am I missing some components or are there some of them I don't need?

I seek a computer that's well build to handle Guild Wars 2 with great quality etc. yummie... And I wouldn't mind it being quite good in the future either, but not too expensive

Yours Sincerely
    W.G.

Hope to hear from some of you soon

P.S
    My old computer was a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P it got broken because of a corrupt Hard Drive, and I also experienced problems with overheating, so I would love to avoid these kind of problems aswell, while not having hardware / components that are shite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narguk View Post
    Heya <snip>
    You might have better luck in the Computer section. This is not where you ask these questions even if it is Guild Wars 2 related. BTW, the system requirements haven't been released yet so we can't really help you in that aspect.

What we do know, as far as computer specs go, is that ArenaNet is working very hard on optimization. It was quoted earlier in this thread that the devs had to buy video cards on EBay because they were so old. I expect that'll handle the game just fine :P

Narguk, since they're making it look pretty damn good on older cards, that comp should kill the performance on GW2.