Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This is sad to hear =[
    Well that does not mean the PVE won't be fun or substantial. Only that perhaps Anet had more of an eye toward tightening the PVP experience. Feedback on PVP is mostly positive compared to the supposed "lame" PVE experience. At least initially.

An interesting thought knowing what we know now of the underpinning systems. Hella interesting to see what more will be known. Of course, keep in mind the game is still pretty raw as are the players just playing for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    -NDA breaking shenanigans-
    There are no healers at all, not "basically no healers" I hope you weren't expecting there to be. This post is one of the reasons why I think companies should require "beta application resumes" and interviews. Quality over quantity.

clunky and stiff eh? that seems to be at odds from everyone else has said

anyway, we'll just have to wait and see when we get to the open beta weekend events

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I think i need to stay away from 4chan, it has WAY to many trolls and i think there trolling is working on me.
    If you don't equip the Jade Battleplate of Cynicism you will be eaten alive on 4chan XD

A wise decision. 4chan is like youtube comments on crack

I think I'm just going to ignore everything but this forum and official Anet releases until I can try out the game in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    clunky and stiff eh? that seems to be at odds from everyone else has said

anyway, we'll just have to wait and see when we get to the open beta weekend events
    The only thing that bugs me visually about the game is that it appears that characters feet don't firmly plant on the ground, it's almost like they are floating or gliding. Everything else though, from combat animations to the detail of the major cities (omg Divinity's Reach is beautiful), looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think I'm just going to ignore everything but this forum and official Anet releases until I can try out the game in April.
    This is a really good idea. Everything I'm worried about has come from other sites.

the "floaty" thing was the same in guild wars as well. since they are using a modified engine of that it doesn't surprise me that it has that same issue

but if that is the only problem from a visual standpoint then the game is at a good point now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the "floaty" thing was the same in guild wars as well. since they are using a modified engine of that it doesn't surprise me that it has that same issue

but if that is the only problem from a visual standpoint then the game is at a good point now
    Hopefully it won't be as bad as guild wars 1, it didn't really bug me, but they could've given professional figure skaters a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    That's probably the smart thing to do if you want to avoid fan boys from other mmos trying to ruin it for you.
    It's just that I question how knowledgable many of these "reviewers" are about the game's mechanics. Sure, ones like low fps etc are fine but I don't really see a lot of objective analysis going on. Seems to be a lot of positive or negative preconceptions.
    I guess I'll carry on reading some press releases, but yh, done with fan reviews for now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This is a really good idea. Everything I'm worried about has come from other sites.
    Pretty much yh. I've not seen any other site that generally discusses things without adding too much spice to the mix. You can basically get to the nub of issues within a page or 2 lol.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-03-25 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember what I said about NDA breakers unfairly tarnishing the image of an unfinished game? Welcome to a perfect example.

Beta is beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Remember what I said about NDA breakers unfairly tarnishing the image of an unfinished game? Welcome to a perfect example.
    It's only unfair because the people that would come to defend the game (that is, except for those lauded as "fanboys" instead of having actual experience), can't, because they want to honor the NDA.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Beta is beta.
    I wish the respective groups of overly expectatnt fanbois who for some reason expected a polished beta and the doom and gloom it'll fail before it starts crowd could see that.
    Whatever, I'm just going to wait patiently for April's beta. The ones who invest in the game will no doubt provide better constructive feeback for Anet.

So most peoples complains so far is either 1: there's no "rotation" and 2: you can't spam your abilities.

Well, they should just learn to play the game really, instead of using every damn skill on cooldown, they might want to weapon swap in combat too, to get more conditions/abilities off on the right time.

When shit players say a game is bad i don't get worried, if some one like mikeB, who has some skills and knows what he is doing, says something about the game that is bad, i would be concerned and hope that Arenenat fixes it.

And those breaking the NDA are probably just angry WoW/SwTor players that do not want another game that does things different, because doing innovative stuff in games is, apparently, a no go.

I will play the game if it is good, that's after i tried it, and if it's bad, i won't play it.
    But i won't take bad players experiences, and to that, experiences from below level 15 in PvE, as a good indicator.

Just watched a video on GW2.

First 3:00, I was like
    Then the host said "Zaytan" twice in the same sentence and I lost my goddamn mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just watched a video on GW2.

First 3:00, I was like
    Then the host said "Zaytan" twice in the same sentence and I lost my goddamn mind.
    Blarg, mispronounced names/words always kills my mood...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-25 at 07:27 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Blarg, mis-pronunced names/words always kills my mood...
    Like the dingle in the video I saw pronouncing Rytlock Brimstone as Rightlock Brimestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    pronouncing Rytlock Brimstone as Rightlock Brimestone.
    ...I can kinda understand somebody mispronouncing Rytlock... but how are you dumb enough to mispronounce brimstone?!

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Like the dingle in the video I saw pronouncing Rytlock Brimstone as Rightlock Brimestone.
    I saw that video. Came right to this thread to vent my steam on this intolerable error, in fact.

Post # 16180
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mike S from GBTV pronounced Rytlock "Rite-lock" on air and it rose a kind of irrational anger in me such I started to write a tweet to GBTV. I came to my senses before sending out the tweet.

Was about as bad as Phreak pronouncing Riposte as "Re-pasth". Which also made me "lose my s---", so to speak.