Deleted
    It's not only windows 7, vista did it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    It's forum.guildwars2.com. Seems like it's on the official site to me.
    Considering what's on the header of the forums, I think they're keeping the forums "hidden" for now until the game actually goes live. You can't actually post on it without having pre-purchased, and then registered your account, anyways.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...

Do I get to keep it? *fidget*

Guild Wars 2 has done what my girlfriend has tried to do for the past 5 years: caused me to be completely bored of WoW.
    This is a page late, but there was something in the fine print of the annual pass agreement saying that you'll lose your D3, iirc.

Also several pages late, I'd like to put out there that the game runs "well enough" even on older machines, which I'm really happy to see. Mine is going on four or five years old now (E8400, 4870s I think?, 4 GB DDR2) and it was only really an issue when there were far too many people on the screen and it would begin to chug. But when I was expecting it to crash and burn to 1fps it seemed to still manage about 10fps, on the game's medium settings. Food for thought I suppose if anyone is about to break the bank on a new super omg awesome gaming rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    This is a page late, but there was something in the fine print of the annual pass agreement saying that you'll lose your D3, iirc.
    Damn. So I have to choose between paying for another 6 months of annual pass for a game I might go back to one day, or paying... well, obviously D3 is going to cost less.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Damn. So I have to choose between paying for another 6 months of annual pass for a game I might go back to one day, or paying... well, obviously D3 is going to cost less.
    yep it'll def cost much less.

Funny...I know 5 people who bought the annual pass. 3 are now really looking for a way out of it.
    Blizz marketing really should win some kind of global marketing award.

So I haven't been following a long lately so how do I do the cpu thing and the taskmaster?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    right-click on my computer, go to properties. You'll find processor and RAM there.

You can go to the device manager for your gfx card.

right-click on my computer, go to properties. You'll find processor and RAM there.

You can go to the device manager for your gfx card.
    I'm guessing this is what I need for the cpu thing? Which I don't know how to do which is why I was asking :3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

ctrl-alt-del, open task manager, go to processes, find gw2.exe, right click it, set priority to high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm guessing this is what I need for the cpu thing? Which I don't know how to do which is why I was asking :3
    Oh... wait, I had my head in like three different threads at once. You do what Vulpei said. /derp

10+ Year Old Account
    From the official forum on the subject of soundtracks:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Boer
    It’s actually in and working, but the feature wasn’t publicly documented. Here’s how it currently works:

Under [Your Name]\Documents\Guild Wars Gw2Dev folder, you’ll see that GW2 creates a Music folder next to the Screens folder (where screenshots go). All you need to do to get your external music collection playing in the game is to create a playlist of the appropriate name and type in this folder.

Supported playlist formats are .wpl, .m3u, .pls, .asx, and .wax.

Supported audio types are everything FMOD supports by default, which includes .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .wav. aiff, and a bunch of old-school music formats, like .mid or .it files.

There are eight specific playlists the game recognizes, and these are designated simply by the playlist’s file name. They are: Ambient, Battle, Underwater, City, Crafting, BossBattle, NightTime, and MainMenu. Hopefully these are somewhat self-explanatory in terms of when you might expect to hear them play.

So, for example, if you create a playlist called Ambient.m3u, anything in that playlist will be heard instead of the standard in-game ambient music (the general music you hear when running around in the world).

Each internal playlist can designate a primary and secondary playlist to look for. Most of the playlists will fall back to Ambient if they do not exist. This means that if you’d like to simply replace the majority of the music in the game, you can just create an Ambient playlist, or maybe just Ambient and Battle. However, if you really want to customize your playlist in detail, you can create the more specialized playlists such as NightTime or Crafting.

The easiest (and at the moment, the only) way to test this is with a MainMenu playlist, since that will replace the music at the login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh.... so I can do what I did in WoW, and use FF7 battle music.

Would BossBattle be used for Champions, I wonder, or just for dungeon bosses? :S

So...how do you create the playlist file with the songs in it then? Is it just a folder with the songs in it, or is it done some other way? There are no playlist files saved on my computer with itunes, so do I need another media player, or am I doing it wrong?
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-02 at 03:28 AM.

Just saw a podcast where the host said people were having trouble figuring out a gathering tool was needed to gather. Can't believe these people are on the same planet as me. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just saw a podcast where the host said people were having trouble figuring out a gathering tool was needed to gather. Can't believe these people are on the same planet as me. /facepalm
    ... huh? I seem to remember upon clicking a node the game promptly tells the player "You don't have the proper tool to gather that." How could someone be that thick?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So...how do you create the playlist file with the songs in it then? Is it just a folder with the songs in it, or is it done some other way? There are no playlist files saved on my computer with itunes, so do I need another media player, or am I doing it wrong?
    Not sure about itunes. But if you have Windows Media Player you should be able to create a playlist, and then copy/move that playlist file to the GW2 directory. Its not a folder with all of the songs in it, its basically a collection of pathnames to each music file in the playlist(I could be mistaken but thats generally how I've understood it to work).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    ... huh? I seem to remember upon clicking a node the game promptly tells the player "You don't have the proper tool to gather that."
    ^so much this

I didn't realize it at first, but when I got an error message telling me, I suddenly realized "Oh, that's what those items at the merchant were for."

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    All you need to do to get your external music collection playing in the game is to create a playlist of the appropriate name and type in this folder.

Supported playlist formats are .wpl, .m3u, .pls, .asx, and .wax.

Supported audio types are everything FMOD supports by default, which includes .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .wav. aiff, and a bunch of old-school music formats, like .mid or .it files.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithonus View Post
    Not sure about itunes. But if you have Windows Media Player you should be able to create a playlist, and then copy/move that playlist file to the GW2 directory. Its not a folder with all of the songs in it, its basically a collection of pathnames to each music file in the playlist(I could be mistaken but thats generally how I've understood it to work).
    I saw an export button in itunes but it was just a text file. I'm not sure if this is what I need or not, but I'm not able to get it to work.

I read that Drake, it doesn't help me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use whatever music program you have, make a playlist of your songs (with supported file formats) from the supported playlist file formats. Put songs and playlist in a folder of the appropriate name.

Win.

I don't think iTunes has a playlist file. Aaaaah, the FAILURE of the supposedly innovative Apple products.

This is why I still use my Zune.

Product war rant aside, you could try downloading Winamp for free maybe. Or Windows Media Player.