Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Only half the classes then I'm an altoholic as well though so will most likely end up with one of each eventually. Haven't quite decided yet though - want to know the 8th one, and figure out what would work well with a Norn adherent of the raven spirit (Feathers Forever!)
    Raven is the spirit of tricks so i could see Thief and Mesmer (if it is indeed the last class) being good matches. Im probably gonna either be a Norn Ranger with wolf spirit or a human Elementalists

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'm thinking something more along the lines of this movie
    Hmm well there was this other movie i saw where i guy was inside computers and he could just control everything electronic like have a dish washer cover the floor in water then microwave falls in water and zap. You could do something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I can hardly wait for this game to come out! My only issues is that there's no Ritualist type class makes me a sad panda *sigh*. I love playing rangers and necros though, so I'll be happy to make one of each ^_^. So excited that Norn are a playable race also.
    Something wicked this way comes...

Quote Originally Posted by AckBrak View Post
    Made an account to say I posted in this amazing thread. Read from page one to the current page.
    Welcome to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Don't loose hope yet they still need to release a class or two.
    1... Spoiler alert (but not really) it's the Mesmer.

Engineer/Guardian/Necromancer have some aspects of the Ritualist, that's about as close as you're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie D View Post
    If the active play in GW2 is anything like or beyond that in DCUO, then I'm sold. Screw these crappy games where you just stand there and get slapped around while some other loser heals you.
    I wouldn't call them "crappy games" but a change of pace in combat style is definitely going to be fun. Hell, one of the main reasons I'm rolling mace/mace warrior is their attack that doubles as a tactical dodge with it's rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    There's no proof of that yet, other than the last profession will be a "scholar" profession, which still could be a lot of them. I don't remember if they said the last profession is going to be a returning one, but stop talking like the Mesmer is already confirmed.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-06-08 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was, the playstyle of the Mesmer can't exist in GW2
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's why the discussion shifted from "what is the next class reveal" to "how will Mesmer mechancis work" after the Engineer was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Only half the classes then I'm an altoholic as well though so will most likely end up with one of each eventually. Haven't quite decided yet though - want to know the 8th one, and figure out what would work well with a Norn adherent of the raven spirit (Feathers Forever!)
    I hate having alternate characters but I can't decide which class to play. It's... complicated. I mean, I'd like to explain it and have someone understand but even I don't understand it. Ah well. To be honest, I may not ever get the chance to play the game because of my "unique" situation.

If I DO play, I'm definitely going Human. Not sure what god I'd worship... I never make my characters religious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Thye reworked every other returning profession. So it will fit into the new system.

That's why the discussion shifted from "what is the next class reveal" to "how will Mesmer mechancis work" after the Engineer was revealed.
    The 8th profession will not have interrupts, it will not have energy denial, it won't have a way to punish a character for using an attack skill, it won't have a way to punish a character for using a spell, it won't have a way to punish a character for not using any skill at all nor will it have any hex-like abilities. The 8th profession will be able to remove Boons just as the GW1 Mesmer removed enchants and the GW1 Mesmer wasn't the only profession that could remove enchants.

So given it won't have the things that made a Mesmer so loved, why would anyone that loved the GW1 Mesmer want something that is so far removed from it to hold that name? That would be no different than calling something like the Engineer a Mesmer even though it doesn't fit what made a Mesmer a Mesmer either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Thye reworked every other returning profession. So it will fit into the new system.
    That's my point, everyone is getting built up for the Mesmer you know and love, and it may be completely unlike the Mesmer you knew.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It will be a Mesmer. While all of those gameplay mechanic changes are true, snowy, the concept of the Mesmer can still be intact (if you go by their GW description anyway). In any case, a good blog post about the last profession is here, he makes some good points.

The 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It will be a Mesmer. While all of those gameplay mechanic changes are true, snowy, the concept of the Mesmer can still be intact (if you go by their GW description anyway). In any case, a good blog post about the last profession is here, he makes some good points.

The 8th
    The Mesmer hasn't been confirmed so please stop saying that's going to be it. You're going to be incredibly disappointed otherwise. Not to mention it's bad form to spread false information.
    Last edited by ErrantBlood; 2011-06-08 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantBlood View Post
    The Mesmer hasn't been confirmed so please stop saying that's going to be it. You're going to be incredibly disappointed otherwise. Not to mention it's bad form to spread false information.
    Will you come back and say you're sorry when the Mesmer reveal happens? ;-p

Trust me, it's the mesmer :P

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Trust me, it's the mesmer :P
    Do you work for ArenaNet? No? Okay then.

Will you come back and say you're sorry when the Mesmer reveal happens? ;-p
    If it's the Mesmer then I will come back and admit you were right but it's still not okay to spread information that hasn't been confirmed yet. It's pure speculation at this point and how people manage to pick out the Mesmer from all the classes is beyond me.
    Last edited by ErrantBlood; 2011-06-08 at 08:58 PM.

Do you work for ArenaNet? No? Okay then.
    Not directly. And that's fine if you don't believe me, it doesn't make any difference to me.

Edge i dislike your new avatar lol.

And every week this argument starts up about the mesmer its getting old

The 8th
    Just pointing out, this neither confirms nor even reinforces the Mesmer. This is someone assuming it's a Mesmer, then speculating how it will be in the game, if it is. This brings no hard facts stating the Mesmer will be in the game, it's all speculation.