Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Warcraft is doing what it`s best known for, borrowing from other games & sticking it in theirs.
    Of all of the things they`re borrowing though, this one surprises me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDqv2EsztU

Skip to around 2:24
    That's cool to see they are implementing something like that. I hope Arenanet copies wow a bit and adds story quests, I'm not sure if it would work but it would be cool to see more story in the open world.

Actually, now that I read up on it, it's nothing more than turning the non story quests into checklists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Warcraft is doing what it`s best known for, borrowing from other games & sticking it in theirs.
    Of all of the things they`re borrowing though, this one surprises me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDqv2EsztU

Skip to around 2:24
    MoP already had quests that just popped up when you looted a specific item / killed a specific creature / etc that didn't require any NPC interaction to start or to finish. Rift also has a similar system where going to an area triggers a "kill 50 of X" carnage or whatever they're called. They'll probably streamline this by skipping the 3 lines of quest text all together.
    If anything, WoW is making these side quests more similar to Rift.
    Sensationalist title, wooo.

I never understood why people cry about "ZOMG YOU COPYING ARSEHOLES!". I much rather have a dev combine everything they think is good (or understand that the playerbase think is good) and trying to put them all together than them saying, well our system looks too much like what B did so we're going to use another (worse) alternative.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    ^ Many people always want to call out where the original idea comes from, that everyone has to know, and feels like they need credit. That's what I think.

But I prefer to see games improve themselves. Props to those who came up with the original idea's for many things that made the games they are today, but if we kept it separated, they won't improve.

After coming back to the game after a few months break, I remembered why i stopped playing in the first place. This is a game that is all about skins, but when did they introduce any new skins that we can actually get by playing, and not you know paying money or gambling for them?
    Last edited by Eternal Champion; 2014-04-18 at 01:14 PM.

@Eternal Champion
    Launch
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    Constantly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    After coming back to the game after a few months break, I remembered why i stopped playing in the first place. This is a game that is all about skins, but when did they introduce any new skins that we can actually get by playing, and not you know paying money or gambling for them?
    Pretty much every 2 weeks.

I think in addition to the new content, the new skins you get by playing the content is one of the driving forces behind the success of Living Story. Adds a real "I was there during supermega awesome event of awesomeness!" aspect as well.
    Valar morghulis

By new skins I meant full armor sets, not just back skins. The only new set I can think of that is not obtainable from the gem store is the ascended gear they introduced a while ago.
    I get that have to earn money somehow, but give us a new set ever three months or so that we can actually work for, and not just buy or gamble for.

GW2 isn't "all about skins". Its not even a game mechanic.

GW2 simply has a lot of cosmetic choices to dabble in.

For any Guild Wars 1 fans, coming up on April 22nd is the 9 year anniversary of the game. I believe they are having an event in game for it.

My how time flies.

Deleted
    It`s been extra busy in Guild Wars for the last 2-3 weeks
    The bugged drops kicking in earlier didn`t hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    By new skins I meant full armor sets, not just back skins. The only new set I can think of that is not obtainable from the gem store is the ascended gear they introduced a while ago.
    I get that have to earn money somehow, but give us a new set ever three months or so that we can actually work for, and not just buy or gamble for.
    They've added shoulder, helm, pants, and weapons obtainable in game without cash a little bit at a time for quite awhile. I guess it would be nice to get more, but that's pretty much always the case with anything.

I'd like to see full armor sets added, I don't use any one full set for anything but the option would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's over 1200 unique armor skins in the game along with over 400 dyes to further customize them. Add to that the almost 700 different weapon skins and if you can't figure out how to dress yourself out of all that, well I don't know what to tell you. The vast majority of which are earned by gameplay.

(imagines RL closet at home exploding into my living room, kitchen, garage and down the street to my neighbor's house, etc...)
    Valar morghulis

The majority of the armor designs in the game are not appealing to me. Especially heavy armor. There are bits and pieces of armor I do like, but we can't mix & match in GW2 to the same degree as other games.

I do find it difficult to outfit my character as envisioned. Which leads me to not care about aesthetics in GW2, so my Warrior and Guardian are wearing like heritage skins/whatever is the ascended armor skin.

However, there are a lot options for those into the GW2 art style just in the base models alone. I think there is a narrower selection in the cash shop for armors actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The majority of the armor designs in the game are not appealing to me. Especially heavy armor. There are bits and pieces of armor I do like, but we can't mix & match in GW2 to the same degree as other games.

I do find it difficult to outfit my character as envisioned. Which leads me to not care about aesthetics in GW2, so my Warrior and Guardian are wearing like heritage skins/whatever is the ascended armor skin.

However, there are a lot options for those into the GW2 art style just in the base models alone. I think there is a narrower selection in the cash shop for armors actually.
    I agree, I got all the armor I wanted on my thief, but I feel like I need more choices. For example I like my chest piece a lot, but it clips with my pants and I don't like any other chests enough to switch it out. I guess I could change my pants to something more generic :P

Also that Llama finisher looks amazing zed!

that gif doesn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that gif doesn't work for me
    courtesy of dulfy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CyI802BvI