10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm, interesting. I never saw this as a problem- movement and hotkey use. Rarely does one have to smash say, 7 repeatedly in an MMO while circle strafing.

Do you think moving the buttons to the right hand [mouse] was not a good solution if speedpads are unwieldy?
    As for mice with ability buttons, I can't say I've tried one, but judging by the poor side button placement most mice have, and that the vast majority of "gaming" mice are designed for palm grip (I claw grip), I've never been willing to drop over $150 (AUD) on one only to find I don't like it.

I used to bind abilities to the numberpad and have movement on the mouse, but it's downfall was the loss of the ability to strafe. Then I moved to a Logitech G13, and I really love having a thumbstick for movement. My gripe with the G13 though is that according to Logitechs own reps, the thumbstick was aimed at being a form of quick select for FPS players, and not for character movement, and as such it's rather un-ergonomic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There is no game with endless content. Repetition does not equal content in my opinion (otherwise Minesweeper would be the greatest game ever).
    You act as though Minesweeper and Solitaire are not the two most-played PC games on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    As for mice with ability buttons, I can't say I've tried one, but judging by the poor side button placement most mice have, and that the vast majority of "gaming" mice are designed for palm grip (I claw grip), I've never been willing to drop over $150 (AUD) on one only to find I don't like it.
    Hm. I went from Sidewidner mouse to a Naga a few years ago and it's been highly comfortable for the most part. Though there are some buttons I just can not reach on the mouse.

I found that in most MMOs the hotkey use is single click. Usually doesn't create a problem at all except in extreme circumstances.

Looking at that G15, I know I'd never be able to use the thumb stick and reach those buttons. Most gaming devices for PC are created for gigantic hands.

Thinking of moving to a Razer Hex; http://www.razerzone.com/hex

Fewer buttons but spaced a little better than the Naga. I reckon I use about 5 of so Naga buttons out of the bajillion on the side anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    I think you're referencing elite dynamic events? I am not familiar with those. What rewards to they have to offer?
    Gear, karma, achievements, a fun experience, perhaps something will temporarily be unlocked kind of like how WG gave you temporary access to the fortress and the raid, but idk yet and that's just an assumption. Arenanet has said they will be constantly adding new dynamic events without even telling us just for the suprise. Whether they follow through with this is unknown.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-03 at 07:43 PM.

Even so, if you become tired of DEs after a few months- just play something else for a bit. The whole point of the game is designed around not shackling you to your PC.

I feel more than anything that is a concept players of other MMOs have to wrap their head around. The other things like no trinity/content cycles/blahblah are easy to grasp actually.

It's adjusting to the concept an MMO can be pick-up & play anytime that is a more atypical thing among MMO vets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thinking of moving to a Razer Hex; http://www.razerzone.com/hex
    If I'm lucky mine will arrive tomorrow...if not then after the bank holiday weekend. New phone will hopefully arrive tomorrow too so it'll be a gadget nerdfest for me.

The thumbstick on the G13 seems much more geared for skill firing than movement...though I've noticed it's very easy to move it in a diagonal, therefore selecting 2 skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169419400 Is what I use. It's a cheap mouse (around 40 dollars) and is pretty damn fast. Has no buttons, but fits my hand perfectly. I'm REALLY picky when it comes to the way a mouse feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm REALLY picky when it comes to the way a mouse feels.
    Me too. I'm currently using a Logitech G9X, the ergonomics are nearly perfect, but I can't stand the scroll wheel. I've even pulled it apart, eliminated the sidescroll with some superglue, and tightened the scroll ratchet with some bending, but it still bugs me.

I think I'm going to give a CM Storm Spawn a try next. It has it's problems, no full custom DPI being one, but it look comfortable.

Gear, karma, achievements, a fun experience, perhaps something will temporarily be unlocked kind of like how WG gave you temporary access to the fortress and the raid, but idk yet and that's just an assumption. Arenanet has said they will be constantly adding new dynamic events without even telling us just for the suprise. Whether they follow through with this is unknown.
    I certainly hope they follow through with it! They lived up to many of their promises so far, I feel, so I would hold them to that one as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I've even pulled it apart, eliminated the sidescroll with some superglue, and tightened the scroll ratchet with some bending, but it still bugs me.
    You really *are* an engineer!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I certainly hope they follow through with it! They lived up to many of their promises so far, I feel, so I would hold them to that one as well.
    Thanks for the good discussion, just thought I'd voice my opinion. It's going to keep me coming back, I just want GW2 be able to stand the test of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I always admired about Trion is how small of a company they are yet they were able to churn out content incredibly fast. If Arenanet can do that we'll have plenty of stuff to do.

Deleted
    I think another thing that will hook people is just how fun pretty much all of the classes seem to be. It's rare that I've played a game when I think of pretty much everything "wow, that was fun". I went in to the beta thinking I knew which three classes I would play...and ending up enjoying pretty much all of them...I'm inclined to maybe play one instead of another to begin - but I don't think there's any I'd absolutely object to.

One thing I always admired about Trion is how small of a company they are yet they were able to churn out content incredibly fast. If Arenanet can do that we'll have plenty of stuff to do.
    Trion has more staff than ArenaNet does.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I have ginormous hands and i have ZERO problems with the naga, it took 1 week to learn all 12 buttons and then it was rock and roll. Conclusion, Naga ftw.
    nice to know
    then those people saying their hands are too big decided they couldnt do it before sticking with it for a week or so XD

the pirate-mate costume from the shop has it's own "skill-set" :

That pirate outfit still wasn't half as awesome as the tophat on a Charr.

I looked like such a dapper Charr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That pirate outfit still wasn't half as awesome as the tophat on a Charr.

I looked like such a dapper Charr.
    Think it would look a lot cooler if he changed the colors on the clothes.

You can change color on them, right? If so, why didn't he show it in the video <.<?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Think it would look a lot cooler if he changed the colors on the clothes.

You can change color on them, right? If so, why didn't he show it in the video <.<?
    No idea, but I know I changed the colors on my top hat. >.>

I can't stop watching this:

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-03 at 11:07 PM.