Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I really wonder: is Anet abandoning the GW2guru-forums? There hasn't been a new new post from them since Apr. 25th 2012. Is it because of the new forum? The own beta-forums? Or simply because there wasn't a lot to response to... (I don't think so). Hmm.

Asked them on Twitter, but I don't think I'll get an answer there - anyone an idea?
    Martin has probably demanded it for the sake of his sanity, frankly. Anyway...
    Anet only ever used that site because they were a small company with limited resources and it was the most popular site. Now, they're much larger and have the ability to moderate a forum, moderated I might add under their own parameters, which is very important to them.
    The winds of change smell sweet indeed.

I really wonder: is Anet abandoning the GW2guru-forums? There hasn't been a new new post from them since Apr. 25th 2012. Is it because of the new forum? The own beta-forums? Or simply because there wasn't a lot to response to... (I don't think so). Hmm.

Asked them on Twitter, but I don't think I'll get an answer there - anyone an idea?
    Anet have their own forums now. I imagine that's the main reason. "Hard at work" probably another.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me is it possible to upgrage from Digital Deluxe to Collector's Edition?

I got mine from https://buy.guildwars2.com/ and now I have started to feel sad that I didn't pick CE. I tried to look email or something so that I could ask this from Anet, but could not find anything.

That will be tough to do Iryne. They don't sell the CE from that website.

Deleted
    you could like, ask a refund and buy a CE from some shop.

apparently they give refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    you could like, ask a refund and buy a CE from some shop.

apparently they give refunds.
    That would be my advice. Contact support and tell them you want to get the CE instead and need a refund on the DD to help pay for it. Make sure you find a store with stock of the CE first though.

has this been posted already?:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    One of the coolest things that we’ve added to WvW recently is a persistent mini-dungeon that can be accessed through the three keeps in the center map. This area is designed with multiplayer PvP in mind and players can do things like activate the traps in the mini-dungeon to defeat enemy players. Of course, at the end of the area there’s a chest full of rewards.
    Interview:
    http://www.mmoreviews.com/exclusive-...-guild-wars-2/

has this been posted already?:
    Interview:
    http://www.mmoreviews.com/exclusive-...-guild-wars-2/
    Not seen that. Combining dungeons with pvp? Fantastic. That bit about the traps sounds positively fiendish! Like.

I've had that interview open all day but I just got around to reading it.

Potential WvW tournaments (depending on demand) is awesome.
    and PvP mini dungeons sound awesome.

I really hope they do decide to add more pvp modes though like CTF or something.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I really hope they do decide to add more pvp modes though like CTF or something.
    I don't want to counter your suggestion, I only want to add that there is already a specific CTF-modein WvW - just get the orb
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-29 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI5wq5r3iJE This is probably old news. But there may be plans for mini pet battles in the future! All speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI5wq5r3iJE This is probably old news. But there may be plans for mini pet battles in the future! All speculation though.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Polymock

Pretty sure it's also been semi-confirmed to be in GW2 as well.

Great work..thanks...
    I wonder when the GW will come out?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, next beta weekend starts June 8th. From the looks of it there won't be much of a content update in the BWE, but lots of improvements in other areas. Sounds good.

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing...2-beta-weekend

I don't really care for WvWvW tournaments, getting 100people "organised" in some way or form hardly ever will be tournament worthy.
    Also I think whoever sugested CTF like game modes was talking about structured PvP since only having domination does get boring quite fast. (I want a reworked "lavamap" from ra in GW2 damn it!) and ofcourse GuildLord sort of things would be nice or KotH or TDM or sudden death or ....

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I don't really care for WvWvW tournaments, getting 100people "organised" in some way or form hardly ever will be tournament worthy.
    Also I think whoever sugested CTF like game modes was talking about structured PvP since only having domination does get boring quite fast. (I want a reworked "lavamap" from ra in GW2 damn it!) and ofcourse GuildLord sort of things would be nice or KotH or TDM or sudden death or ....
    Known PvP-Maps for structured PvP:
    1.) Forest of Niflhel - secondary mechanic: Killing Bosses
    2.) Battle of Khylo - secondary mechanic: trebuchet + destructable environment
    3.) *Underwater PvP map*
    4.) *GvG style PvP map*

I highly doubt sPvP gets boring at all

I don't think it will get boring but variety wont hurt since all the maps have a conquest style point capture mechanic. The CTF or even deathmatch don't have to be maps for competition but options are always nice.

And has for the WvW tournament, I don't really expect competitive matches for money or rewards of some sort but I think the possibility of doing premade Guild v Guild v Guild WvW seems interesting.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Known PvP-Maps for structured PvP:
    1.) Forest of Niflhel - secondary mechanic: Killing Bosses
    2.) Battle of Khylo - secondary mechanic: trebuchet + destructable environment
    3.) *Underwater PvP map*
    4.) *GvG style PvP map*

I highly doubt sPvP gets boring at all
    I "like" the maps, I don't like how the only available gamemode is domination/conquest. In GW there are lots of different game modes and they've experimented with just as many.
    HA has: domination, koth, ctf, (relicruns no clue of officialname), ViP, TDM (and they tested 6v6 and 8v8 on live servers)
    RA/TA/Codex : TDM, VIP, Sudden Death
    GvG : VIP, TDM + KotH + CF
    Hero Battles: Dom/KotH
    FA (not really pvp in my eyes but heck it's not pve either): Demolition
    JQ (not really pvp in my eyes but heck it's not pve either): VIP + Dom + KotH
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-05-29 at 03:37 PM.

If PVP is good, you can play 1 map forever basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If PVP is good, you can play 1 map forever basically.
    Exactly this.

http://www.guildfans.com/story.html?story=29213 Final question is also a good indication of their goals. Conquest maps give the players feedback as to where they should/could be to help their team the most, and helps orchestrate encounters and pace the match. And due to the variance between the implementations, while they all are based around the Conquest style, they'll all play differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.