10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I can tell, they made Heartseeker and Death Blossom both more responsive. And Backstab seemed a little more responsive even.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I didn't think the rooting in GW2 was too bad at all. I feel that is a Western MMO player's aversion. I am fine with rooting skills in most cases tbh.

I can only remember a very few times in which I was rooted from an ability that I couldn't cancel. Some abilities you couldn't move or you would cancel it but I don't classify that as rooting.

Those were channeled abilities. Warrior had a couple of rooting abilities... but I can't remember which... Arcing Blow? Can't recall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Only certain ones did. And if I remember right, those moves still do, people just learned that pushing them on cooldown for "max DPS" isn't the best idea. Mesmer 1h Sword and Greatsword still pinned as of BWE2. Am I right in thinking others kept that trait as well?
    Death shroud #4 skill does that as well, in that sense that if you move, you lose your channel. It's just like in WoW. I don't really like it. It's annoying that, as a dagger necro, I was constantly on the move and for that one skill, I couldn't move. I lost a lot of channels because of my reflex to move.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-06-17 at 07:43 AM.

Sadly I haven't been able to play in the BWE's yet, but from what I can see from the gameplay videos the only thing that annoys me a bit is the special effects. Well made but there's just so much! Especially in pvp it seems it's a constant fireworks out there. Even to the point where it's starting to hurt my eyes.

Don't know if you guys who have actually played the game feel the same or not. Funnily enough this seems to be the only thing that bugs me in this game at this point. Pretty good I'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumppa View Post
    Sadly I haven't been able to play in the BWE's yet, but from what I can see from the gameplay videos the only thing that annoys me a bit is the special effects. Well made but there's just so much! Especially in pvp it seems it's a constant fireworks out there. Even to the point where it's starting to hurt my eyes.

Don't know if you guys who have actually played the game feel the same or not. Funnily enough this seems to be the only thing that bugs me in this game at this point. Pretty good I'd say!
    Have you looked at more recent vids?
    The particle effects were toned down quite a bit.

Ah glad to hear it!

I've been looking for probably every video that is out there, so maybe the ones that I looked were older versions. Good to hear they have already looked into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumppa View Post
    Ah glad to hear it!

I've been looking for probably every video that is out there, so maybe the ones that I looked were older versions. Good to hear they have already looked into it!
    Yh...it was a big complaint from, I think the first press beta. Before the first BWE. Pretty sure it got addressed then.........and I think there's been mention of options to tone things down. Though I might have dreamed that tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Yh...it was a big complaint from, I think the first press beta. Before the first BWE. Pretty sure it got addressed then.........and I think there's been mention of options to tone things down. Though I might have dreamed that tbh.
    I didn't find the option to turn it down, but I think a lot of it was toned down from last beta. However, there is still a tiny bit of tweaking to do, and perhaps a bit of explaining of the 'bad' red circles, as if you're not looking for them, you just stand anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I didn't find the option to turn it down, but I think a lot of it was toned down from last beta. However, there is still a tiny bit of tweaking to do, and perhaps a bit of explaining of the 'bad' red circles, as if you're not looking for them, you just stand anywhere.
    I did find on occasion that I couldn't see my cursor for the ground aoe. Was a bit annoying at times lol.
    It definitely still needs some work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can only remember a very few times in which I was rooted from an ability that I couldn't cancel. Some abilities you couldn't move or you would cancel it but I don't classify that as rooting.
    Pistol Whip *shudder* I don't know if it was fixed in BWE2 since I didn't dare to try, but in BWE1 it couldn't be canceled and you'd be rooted for what felt like 2 seconds. Completely ruined the sword/pistol combo for me.

Am i like the only one who thinks that all people talk about in this thread is how GW2's feature is compared to X games' feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Am i like the only one who thinks that all people talk about in this thread is how GW2's feature is compared to X games' feature?
    There is a fair amount of Charr/Asura racism too.

Otherwise, it's quite fair to talk about games in comparison. Games don't exist in a vacuum, they are part of a market & medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a fair amount of Charr/Asura racism too.

Otherwise, it's quite fair to talk about games in comparison. Games don't exist in a vacuum, they are part of a market & medium.
    Yes, and the oh-so-popular Charr/Asura fight, no love for Humans/Norns/Sylvaris :/

Btw, anyone else suprised at actually how much of the whole map we get to play?

Not really. You got to play across most of the continent's area in GW1. Anet just handle the load as the MMOs of old do/did; zone instancing. I doubt if the world were continuous we would play on such a large canvas. But cleverness abounds.

Hmm, I guess the next expansion would then be rest of the map, then the other continents, anyone else agree?

Suspect the xpacs will go Elona->Jormag's North-> it all ends in Cantha.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fair amount of ... Asura racism too.
    It's not racism when our arguments are backed by science!

Cantha.
    I don't really know shit about the lore, so I thought it was cool when I ran by some random NPC in Divinities Reach and he was saying it's been over 100 years since anything has been heard from anyone in Cantha. I think that's what I heard at least...lol