Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Agreed. I really like the distinction Anet is drawing between armors and town clothes and they way they're implementing it. And I think the vast majority of people would agree.
    I mentioned silly outfits a bit too heavily, but I generally dislike diverging too far from what you would expect a profession to wear.
    Yeah - but that is still a very personal opinion to form. For example, I might think that it's appropriate for my Human Noble thief to walk around in a light brown heavy leather coat, whereas you might think that that's not true to the profession as it's hard to sneak around and remain unseen in such a bulky and bright outfit.

Customization options are very important, but it's tricky to decide where to draw the line. But a line should be drawn, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yeah - but that is still a very personal opinion to form. For example, I might think that it's appropriate for my Human Noble thief to walk around in a light brown heavy leather coat, whereas you might think that that's not true to the profession as it's hard to sneak around and remain unseen in such a bulky and bright outfit.

Customization options are very important, but it's tricky to decide where to draw the line. But a line should be drawn, somewhere.
    It is a personal option certainly.
    The distinction between the 3 armor classes should suffice for drawing a line, and provide a very large scope for customization.
    It's the broad free-for-all I'd object to......i.e plate on a scholar, running into battle in high heels and a night gown.

Deleted
    It is a personal option certainly.
    The distinction between the 3 armor classes should suffice for drawing a line, and provide a very large scope for customization.
    It's the broad free-for-all I'd object to......i.e plate on a scholar, running into battle in high heels and a night gown.
    That I can agree to. Though arguably battle-mages would be able to wear heavier armor... but that's just D&D talking. :P

That I can agree to. Though arguably battle-mages would be able to wear heavier armor... but that's just D&D talking. :P
    I want a mace wielding and heavy armor wearing righteous clerics :'(

Deleted
    I want a mace wielding and heavy armor wearing righteous clerics :'(
    *pats*

I'm sure ANet's decision not to include clerics was strictly because there's not enough undead to use Turn Undead on. Yep, sure of it.

*pats*

I'm sure ANet's decision not to include clerics was strictly because there's not enough undead to use Turn Undead on. Yep, sure of it.
    But but but but........................Orr!
    Anyway.....cleric is kinda (kinda) covered by Guardian. A bit. Somewhere...

Deleted
    Personally, I would consider not playing the game if it did anything as ridiculous as letting you wear costumes in any environment. Very happy for the restriction they've put in place armor wise.
    The counter argument of wanting the freedom to look like a complete pillock...well, wear a clown hat at home.
    Only thing I would like to see is "learning skins" so that while an armor piece can be destroyed by transmuting...it can also be learned and re-used at will. That would be super.
    ^ This I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    The restriction for the transmogrifying-system were more or less what the players demanded in a thread that was active for at least a year until the system was finally announced.

The main problem was that the majority of the players who were against the system or had their concerns with it didn't want to run into player who tank dragons in a wedding dress with some stupid pan in their hand.
    I don't want to go to deep into the system, but as far as I know you can change your cool tier set anytime into a Level 15 scrub armor.
    This armor-designers-respect isn't really a reason.

While freedom in such systems are important for some, it may totally ruin the experience for many others if it has no proper restrictions.
    "Oh, look, that sneaky thief in his clown-suit with the pink bunny ears managed to disappear and sneak behind me again..."
    Thats an RP Issue and thats why there are RP servers in WoW...

Deleted
    I got the game from mmoga
    and was very satisfied with the last BETA Weekend ^^
    Iam so looking forward for the finished game and hope it'll come out soon ~

Personally, I would consider not playing the game if it did anything as ridiculous as letting you wear costumes in any environment. Very happy for the restriction they've put in place armor wise.
    The counter argument of wanting the freedom to look like a complete pillock...well, wear a clown hat at home.
    Only thing I would like to see is "learning skins" so that while an armor piece can be destroyed by transmuting...it can also be learned and re-used at will. That would be super.
    Hehe. But do you talk in old English when slaying dragons? /immersion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The reason they don't want it (and it's a weak excuse) is because they want to respect the armor designers who made the "cool" armors.
    Not exactly. What they specifically said, I believe, is that they wanted every class to still stay true to their unique profile or whatever. They wanted to be sure than when you saw a Warrior, you knew it was a Warrior and not a Mage.

Though how that pans out with armor that's not class exclusive to let you know a Warrior isn't a Paladin, visually, is beyond me. I just looked at HP bars.

My only real complaints about transmog:
    A: transmog storage is not unlimited (and not even expandable)
    B: I have to pull items OUT of storage, and then put it back in afterwards, in order to transmog new gear
    C: I cannot transmog that 1H mace that I can equip onto that 1H axe that I can equip (I can see this as being bad in GW2, but in WoW... there's no logical reason for it)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hehe. But do you talk in old English when slaying dragons? /immersion
    I was going to try and find an old English translator and answer 'yes, as a matter of fact I do.' but honestly... I can't be bothered.

The only thing I'm a bit afraid of - and maybe it's just me as I haven't played many games with a lot of customization, and left WoW before it was implemented there too - is the lack of recognition of a class by their armour if you change into random things. I don't know but I really like to know the person wearing googles is an engineer, the one wearing a dress is a caster so on and so on. Do you think this could be kept with your ideas of customisation?
    I also really like what they done with the materials in GW2, as they look kinda real and I love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I was going to try and find an old English translator and answer 'yes, as a matter of fact I do.' but honestly... I can't be bothered.

The only thing I'm a bit afraid of - and maybe it's just me as I haven't played many games with a lot of customization, and left WoW before it was implemented there too - is the lack of recognition of a class by their armour if you change into random things. I don't know but I really like to know the person wearing googles is an engineer, the one wearing a dress is a caster so on and so on. Do you think this could be kept with your ideas of customisation?
    I also really like what they done with the materials in GW2, as they look kinda real and I love it.
    I think it's safe to say that Anet have every intention of keeping the "archtype" for the costumes. I mean, a caster is in light armor/robes/dresses, heavy dps is in plate armor and the light/squishy DPS types in leather/lamellar-ish armor.

Just look at some of the pictures that has been released. Too on the armor subject that they have touch on.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor#Armor

From what I can see, they intend to keep it in a both recognizable but too very typical/stereotype fantasy setting that we have come to know. So yes, I very much think it will be kept within my ideas when it comes to customisation and will continue to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Anet have every intention of keeping the "archtype" for the costumes. I mean, a caster is in light armor/robes/dresses, heavy dps is in plate armor and the light/squishy DPS types in leather/lamellar-ish armor.

Just look at some of the pictures that has been released. Too on the armor subject that they have touch on.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor#Armor

From what I can see, they intend to keep it in a both recognizable but too very typical/stereotype fantasy setting that we have come to know. So yes, I very much think it will be kept within my ideas when it comes to customisation and will continue to do so.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion too. I really like the recognizable but unique look. I do love the customisation in game at the moment though.

Also, your signature is rather amusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion too. I really like the recognizable but unique look. I do love the customisation in game at the moment though.

Also, your signature is rather amusing.

Yeah, I like it too. Still a bit in two-minds about the dye thing, but I guess that it's a matter of getting used to and then make the best of it.

And thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    Yeah, I like it too. Still a bit in two-minds about the dye thing, but I guess that it's a matter of getting used to and then make the best of it.

And thank you!
    No problem.
    If you mean the dye thing as in the character bound dyes I think I actually like it a little bit. As long as they change it so I can see which dyes I'm getting and send them to other characters if I don't want them, I think it might stop me from making everything black and red.

I like the dyes for the fact that you can look exactly like you want, all the time.

Pretty sure that's how it is Kallanna

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Pretty sure that's how it is Kallanna
    I was under the impression that unidentified dyes were bound to your character after you identified them. But if that's the case, oh well I stand corrected!

Also, if you keep up to it, there was an update to the client just now!

Dyes are bound to your account but not your character, from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.