10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Lol. This discussion again.
    Logan's a Jerk. Period.
    No consideration, no agonizing moment of making an impossible choice, no thought process whatsoever.
    The only rational explanation is that it was a form of compulsion by the queen. Except it's been confirmed it wasn't. So there's no rational explanation.
    Except that. Logan = Jerk.

Snaff :-(
    Don't base such a judgement upon terrible writing. I blame the writer for being a shitty writer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Don't base such a judgement upon terrible writing. I blame the writer for being a shitty writer.
    Except that it gets approval from the lore continuity people at Anet. if they didn't like it they would make sure it was re-written.

So it's not just about the writing. It's how it was supposed to be, otherwise Ree and Jeff would not have let it pass.

So.......Logan's a Jerk.

They should hire Tolkien's ghost to write Sea of Sorrows.

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 10:50 PM ----------

Ooh, Ree Soesbee is writing SoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    They should hire Tolkien's ghost to write Sea of Sorrows.

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 10:50 PM ----------

Yup Can't wait.

Okay, I squirmed a little. When's it due again?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Okay, I squirmed a little. When's it due again?
    December 21, 2012.

December 21, 2012.
    Is that before or after SkyNet goes live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that it gets approval from the lore continuity people at Anet. if they didn't like it they would make sure it was re-written.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that they agree with the writing style, or every minute detail, just that they agree that the general course of events matches the canon timeline. If they had gotten George R. R. Martin to write it, but still keep true to the story, you would have seen a whole chapter dedicated to the thought process behind Logan's choice, lasting all of 5 minutes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean that they agree with the writing style, or every minute detail, just that they agree that the general course of events matches the canon timeline. If they had gotten George R. R. Martin to write it, but still keep true to the story, you would have seen a whole chapter dedicated to the thought process behind Logan's choice, lasting all of 5 minutes.
    Considering it's so pivotal I think they would have had quite strong requirements for it. It's not in any way a minute detail lol.
    Ultimately, they must want Logan to be a Jerk.

Am I the only person here who hasn't read those?

Am I the only person here who hasn't read those?
    /raises hand.
    Just not got round to it. My limited free time at the moment is taken up with playing the PC games I've missed while not having a good PC until recently

Prophecies was grossly generic, heavily heavily cliche. But Factions was worse.

I must be in the minority, because I actually liked Nightfall. Taking down not just Titans, but a god himself, replacing it with someone else to continue that aspect... it felt very Realms. And being written by Grubb, I can see why.
    I liked nightfall, I just disliked Kormir. Nightfall was my favorite standalone followed relatively closely by Prophecies (which is likely mostly just nostalgia)
    /raises hand.
    Just not got round to it. My limited free time at the moment is taken up with playing the PC games I've missed while not having a good PC until recently
    And by that, he means he's been playing Sins of a Solar Empire 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I liked nightfall, I just disliked Kormir. Nightfall was my favorite standalone followed relatively closely by Prophecies (which is likely mostly just nostalgia)
    The one thing I had a problem with in Nightfall wasn't Kormir. It was Varesh going "...you should fear... ABADDON" and suddenly everyone knowing everything about this god who was removed from everything how many centires ago?

I also hated how she said "ABADDON!" during the Sunspear Offensive. Kormir was... tolerable, to an extent. The introduction of a secret god that suddenly wasn't so secret was a bigger problem to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually liked logan....but he was in a no win situation, let the queen die and risk dooming his race(since the other person with powerwho would claim the seat aka Minister Caudecus who would take control and would make war with charr etc) or save the queen and betray his comrades(it prolly be in the later in story he's really torn about the decision he made but ...what can ya do he was pretty much screwed =(.
    Last edited by Alexise; 2012-07-06 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    (since the guy who would take control would make war with charr etc)
    Who? /10char

Who? /10char
    Minister Caudecus has made a few not so subtle power-sleights, and when Logan goes down on one knee to ask if he can be the personal foot masseur for Queen Jenna for the first time, she makes it clear that's why she keeps him around. The Caudecus thing, not the foot thing. It's subtle references in the book at this point, but it was a pretty sizable part of my Personal Story as a Human entrenched in the Nobility conflict.

And by that, he means he's been playing Sins of a Solar Empire 24/7.
    Slander! Lies! How dare you sully my good name! I challenge you sir to a duel!

I just suck at not closing it down on steam It's minimised like 22/7, I'm not actually playing it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope Logan visits Rata Sum at some point, and is promptly kicked off the side of the cube "This is madness? This is Rata Sum!!!!" style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it's so pivotal I think they would have had quite strong requirements for it. It's not in any way a minute detail lol.
    Ultimately, they must want Logan to be a Jerk.
    it is a "minute" detail in the grand scheme of things. As far as I can tell, all they were really concerned about was portraying how events unfolded. ANet's story writing in the personal story suggests that Logan feels regretful over how things turned out. We obviously don't see much of it yet - we only go to level 20. But it's been suggested by in-game dialogue and behavior that he isn't a jerk.

Inner turmoil is the kinda thing that Arena Net sucks at showing, based on what I've seen of the human personal story. (not talking Logan here, talking every human character - I've already posted my criticisms of their writing ability in the past)

after playing MoP beta.. bring on GW2

14 days til BWE3