10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, the eye is definitely digital art. You'd be amazed what people can do with computers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh, the eye is definitely digital art. You'd be amazed what people can do with computers.
    Has mankind gone to far? ooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Silly me. Thanks

To avoid opening a thread, I wanna ask if we can bind the scroll wheel. For example I use Shift+WheelDown a lot. In Aion you cannot bind them. Well, not that Aion has anything to do with GW2, but does GW2 allow you to bind keys like Shift+WheelDown or Shift+Space button. And if not, can I use a software to do this (like Autohotkey) or is it bannable?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They're obviously teasing, but I think it's hilarious that everybody jumps from "hey look, pretty pictures and new music" to "AMGHERD CGI TRAILER"

It's a huge leap of logic. That is, that there's plenty of gaps between what we're seeing, and going "CGI trailer, obviously!"
    The images don't look painted to me. Looking at the images, they don't line up with the very distinct painterly style the game and racial cutscenes/dungeon scenes have...

Also, the timing is way too perfect. So close to launch, a new piece of music based on the theme of the game, and images that don't look painted but very much like still 3d rendered shots that haven't been seen until only recently. I don't think it's a very far leap to take.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-17 at 08:58 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    There's a new update available. ~55mb, possibly another stress test soon?
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-17 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    they're just 3 pictures

how's that a cinematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    There's a new update available. ~55mb, possibly another stress test soon?
    8 or 12 files?
    If so it's generally a big clue.

I'd expect one last stress test middle of next week just to make sure the thing doesn't blow up on release.

I must play more guys, I'm frothing at the mouth, plshelp.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    To avoid opening a thread, I wanna ask if we can bind the scroll wheel. For example I use Shift+WheelDown a lot. In Aion you cannot bind them. Well, not that Aion has anything to do with GW2, but does GW2 allow you to bind keys like Shift+WheelDown or Shift+Space button. And if not, can I use a software to do this (like Autohotkey) or is it bannable?
    I know that the mouse wheel is set to zoom in/out as default, and that it was indeed listed in the hotkey settings page, so binding the wheel to something else shouldn't be a problem as far as I can see. Not sure about the shift-modifier though, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

Remember though, that you don't need nearly as many keys bound as in other MMO's. See http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weap...st_five_skills for an explanation if you need it

8 or 12 files?
    If so it's generally a big clue.
    More then 8 what does that mean :P

Fuck. No wonder we have an influx of trolls on our forums at mmoc... there's a link to us on 4chan.
    Aw shit, which one of you is on /vg/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    More then 8 what does that mean :P
    Small updates that are 50mb-ish and 8-12 files seem to have something to do with whatever they test in stress tests.

So glad the early start is on a weekend, then I can justify not sleeping for a few days.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Aw shit, which one of you is on /vg/?
    If you're referring to the OP of the GW2 general, that link to the info thread is always there.

If you're referring to the OP of the GW2 general, that link to the info thread is always there.
    Oh no, someone posted that in a current GW2 thread on /vg/

Ok got a couple of general questions.

1: I just got a new PC; gotta re-download the GW2 client, can someone provide me a link? I wanna believe there will be at least 1 more final stress test before the game goes live. I wont be able to officially join till mid-october so I wanna at least download the game to be ready to play when I do and just in case there is another stress test.

2: In GW2 are there any major characters? I mean, one of the things that put me off big time on Lineage II was the overwhelming lack of any noticeable NPCs, like recurring protagonists, or main characters that we encounter on a regular basis. On wow, there's several major lore figures that either are important in the background, or we encounter on a regular basis in each expansion, and are names we easily recognize. Such a Hemet Nesigwary, Mankirk, Nazgrim, Thrall, Sylvannas, Jaina, Muradin, Varian, Anduin, ect.

I was wondering if GW2 had such a group of recurring NPCs that we meet on a regular basis. OR if it is like Lineage II, where just about everyone is an unimportant irrelevant NPC that we never ever meet again.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Ok got a couple of general questions.

1: I just got a new PC; gotta re-download the GW2 client, can someone provide me a link? I wanna believe there will be at least 1 more final stress test before the game goes live. I wont be able to officially join till mid-october so I wanna at least download the game to be ready to play when I do and just in case there is another stress test.

2: In GW2 are there any major characters? I mean, one of the things that put me off big time on Lineage II was the overwhelming lack of any noticeable NPCs, like recurring protagonists, or main characters that we encounter on a regular basis. On wow, there's several major lore figures that either are important in the background, or we encounter on a regular basis in each expansion, and are names we easily recognize. Such a Hemet Nesigwary, Mankirk, Nazgrim, Thrall, Sylvannas, Jaina, Muradin, Varian, Anduin, ect.

I was wondering if GW2 had such a group of recurring NPCs that we meet on a regular basis. OR if it is like Lineage II, where just about everyone is an unimportant irrelevant NPC that we never ever meet again.
    I think there are the npcs you ask for. Like Logan, Caithe, Eir, The asura one Zojja and Rytlock.

One for each race, but I believe there is more like the queen and stuff. Since there is the personal story (which I think at some point you will be with all of them). But more than that I cannot confirm, but I would def think so.

I'm starting to read the books of Guild Wars just now too.

And I would think that the game will have other important npcs such as the ones that we see in GW1. I mean there is a reference for Nicholas The traveler and Professor Yakkington somewhere.

There was Prince Rurik and stuff.

--

As for the link maybe : https://account.guildwars2.com/download/win
    Not sure if will go thru, let me know.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2012-08-18 at 05:18 AM.

thanks zil =) the link worked.

I Just hope I can download the game before they do another test (I'm keeping my hopes up that there will be at least 1 more in the 10 days remaining till launch)

Do they announce these test with any anticipation? or they just happen in the spur of the moment and if you didn't paid attention too bad?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)