yeah from what i saw that ele dominated ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Yeah it did. Too bad it's over already. When is the next livestream?
    There's another match tomorrow
    Showmatch 14:15 – 14:50/7:15 - 7:50 AM CST

There's also a PVP Q&A in 2 hours on the NCsoft stream

Bah... they didn't even show the first half of the first game, and then everything was from the ArenaNet elementalist perspective.

Still, it was pretty epic.

Maybe they captured footage from all 10 perspectives, and will release it later for us to analyze to death? *pleasepleaseplease*

EDIT: Oh yes, jumping through the windows was a nice touch too!

Deleted
    So happy the point of view was from the class I planned on playing ! That was amazing, I specially enjoyed the lightning blinks!!

That's exactly what I wanted to see, lots of atunement changing, fire, earth, air (not so much water) displaying how good it works together

Deleted
    and ofcourse, THE TORNADO!!!

Deleted
    Btw was that a...green human? The hair didn't look sylvari'ish to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    and ofcourse, THE TORNADO!!!
    Ye, that just looked overpowered already.
    The health pools are pretty high but 2k + crits constantly and the elementalist itself being untargetable during the spell...
    (Didn't seem like they were hitting him during it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaz View Post
    Ye, that just looked overpowered already.
    It's an elite skill, it's meant to be OP but on a long cooldown. All classes have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's an elite skill, it's meant to be OP but on a long cooldown. All classes have one.
    I can already imagine some weird ass 5 Elementalist teams popping up everywhere using tornado everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    I can already imagine some weird ass 5 Elementalist teams popping up everywhere using tornado everywhere.
    Well that would be fine, since they all blow their elite quite fast and you will only use it once or twice per fight
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be no match for 5 asura using the golem suit elite skill

(Elites are profession and race based)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    They'd be no match for 5 asura using the golem suit elite skill

(Elites are profession and race based)
    Haha hell yeah, can't wait.

To me they should just remove elite skills seems incredibly stupid and wane, atleast remove it in pvp

Deleted
    Tornadoes aside, it really didn't seem bursty at all, so no WoW arena nonsense! It's just so perfect!

I really hope this game aint going to be so easy that spamming 1 is a viable option in pve, from all the videos i have seen so far its been enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    I really hope this game aint going to be so easy that spamming 1 is a viable option in pve, from all the videos i have seen so far its been enough lol
    Of course not. Spamming 1 means you wouldn't be using your other spells that have longer CDs and are better. Sure, you can get carried and the first dungeon in the game isn't that hard, but when content is actually hard spamming 1 is going to get you killed. And I hope there's going to be some sort of DPS meter so that you won't have to put up with guildies that just spam 1.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post

All you've seen so far is low or mid lvl content. So I guess that's a reason it looks a bit easy. And as said in a few interviews these fights are pretty rigged since you'll have to complete pre-dynamic events to use all these tools they have. If you don't make Event X or Z you wont have the catapults or lazer (from the latest dragon boss).

And as far as highlvl content goes, some "reporters" from gaming sites and magazines was invited to see and play Guild Wars 2 at Arenanets office, and they got to try the hardmode content. They only kept themselfs alive for a few minutes. And it wasn't because the content was to hard, it was because they just weren't good enough (their own words).

cba to find sources now but I guess anyone that looks forward to Gw2 as much as I do have read that article and can confirm this or find it for me : p

Gw2 will be amazing, and tbh it's not about the difficutly. It's about how epic the events are. Ofc, you should fail once in a while, but it's more epic to see 100 players beat a dragon then being beaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some random PVP videos (not the showcase match)

Did anyone record the live match? I missed it and would love to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.