Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Saw earlier and was like omfg this is epic.
    I'd gladly get raped by a group of wild bears just to be able to play GW2 NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The lack of interesting Guild Wars 2 updates/info is starting to turn me off.
    We just gained a huge amount of information from Gamescom and PAX not too long ago. Have some patience.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope its out before 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I do have to agree with them taking to long for new information. The only problem i have so far about this.
    Nah, the problem is when they give out all information. Then when you actually get to play, it kinds becomes "meh, i knew this already".
    Better leave people in the dark and figure stuff on their own. After all, that was the real magic that brought us to MMO's at the start.

Can't remember if a version of this was posted yet, but this just got posted on Arenanet's offical Youtube so thought I'd stick it up here. It's their hour long panel from PAX Prime. Enjoy!

*skip to 8:40 to skip the introduction and new trailer if you don't want to see them*

Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-09-07 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    hnngg, my mother's shitty laptop for the win.
    That subscription fee video was / is really great. I hope these who think "a monthly fee is a must" will see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    hnngg, my mother's shitty laptop for the win.
    That subscription fee video was / is really great. I hope these who think "a monthly fee is a must" will see it.
    Don't be silly, those who do, will just go lol this guy lies/smokes crack.

Uh, am I just out of space or people have become a bit elitist? How can a GTX 4xx video card be considered "ancient" and "out of stores"? I am using a GTX275 and so far haven't had too many problems with the new stuff (only WoW's non-optimized horrific engine still refuses to play properly). And shall I consider myself unworthy of playing the game with such video?

Deleted
    I think most people are overstating GW2 hardware requirements. The game looks nice visually, but doesn't look that high-end when it comes to requirements. I think GW2 requirements will be similar to Aion requirements, that means Geforce 6600 and a singlecore CPU will be just fine to run the game.

Deleted
    got a gtx 260m and feeling the same the game will run smoothly on these cards i think. its a mmo produced for the masses and not only for us gamer nerds there are people out there with lower cards, so i dont rly fear itxD and a + for myself is that im not a graphic whore, if i am running a game on mid settings properly, its perfectly fine for me.
    And dunno if i am the only one out there, but sometimes games look rly aweful on maxed settings and better on lower settings, but i dont rly get why...

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    And dunno if i am the only one out there, but sometimes games look rly aweful on maxed settings and better on lower settings, but i dont rly get why...
    I had that same problem with WoW. I didn't know why at first, but I played with the graphics settings a little and it turned out to be a slight drop in fps. Just mess around with the options a little.

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 06:42 PM ----------

I take back what I said a few pages ago about the crafting system feeling grindy. As it turns out, we won't need to grind copious amounts of mats, because leveling a crafting skill should only consist of making the gear you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet poster Stéphane Lo Presti on GW2Guru forums
    If you level your crafting disciplines up as you level, your crafting skill should be raised simply by crafting useful stuff for yourself. Making yourself some new level-appropriate gear should earn you enough crafting experience to be able to craft the next set of gear when your character gets to that level.
    Our goal is for the crafting system to be enjoyable and rewarding for players that enjoy crafting, without requiring players who don’t like it to have to spend a lot of time crafting, or feel that they need to learn a crafting discipline.
    The only true grind left would be the one to make loads of money off of crafting at max level. Have fun playing the worst part of the game, Chinese gold farmers.

I used to love the first one back in the day and honestly gave up on this game after they said they thought it would be released in 2008 lol. But watching videos have made me more excited for this game then I think any other.

I have mixed feelings about how guilds are being set up. The idea sounds great. It will basically make the whole server feel like one giant guild and will bring everyone together creating possibly the most social online game since club penguin . But what I loved in the first one was how close guilds were together since you could only be in one guild per account. There was nothing like dance parties in the guild hall or spending hours getting enough people around to GvG that ends up failing anyway

And I love how armor is being handled in this game. The first one was beyond a pain. You'd have to spend hours farming mats for armor you didn't really need since you could make armor just as strong with a PvP premade, and in PvE you could pretty much hench everything except endgame Prophecies in crap gear.

Classes also look amazing. I will have to play around to see which one will be my main but the engineer looks like it could be a lot of fun in PvP. PvE I don't think it will be so hot but whatev.

just because a whole server can potentially join the same guild doesn't mean it will. i certainly won't accept to join some random guild full of kids (not speaking about age - again), i'd rather stay unguilded until i find some decent companions (or until my ol' Wow friends get their GW2 account) after some random meeting for a dungeon or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    just because a whole server can potentially join the same guild doesn't mean it will. i certainly won't accept to join some random guild full of kids (not speaking about age - again), i'd rather stay unguilded until i find some decent companions (or until my ol' Wow friends get their GW2 account) after some random meeting for a dungeon or whatever.
    I think what whill4 meant was that it will seem like the whole server is part of the same guild, not necessarily that everyone will actually be in the same guild. I went a bit more in depth on this in one of my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I see the servers in GW2 as more of the equivalent of standard guilds. You can only be in one at a time, and switching between them is easy and free. Guilds are still there, and you CAN still be loyal to multiple guilds at once, but they're more of a stepping stone between single player and your server as a whole.
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2011-09-08 at 12:26 AM.

I imagine everyone would be in some huge WvW guild to coodinate offense/defense and calling out enemy movements in guild chat. Other than that, I don't think it really changes how guilds will be formed. Hardcore players will still be looking for people like their own. Casuals probably won't care too much aslong as they there are people to play with. The social butterflies will flit around joining guilds left and right. Nothing out of the norm.

Dem Sylvari animations is great.

Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there been any word on dances?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I imagine they will be in. I mean it's not guild wars unless we can do this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    There will be some, guild wars was quite well known for some awesome dance vids xD

Such as!

xD

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I imagine they will be in. I mean it's not guild wars unless we can do this.
    Rofl, damn you.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2011-09-08 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to start huge city wide sync'd dances with my guild. I miss that :<