Kormir sucks and doesn't deserve anything, much less a whole keg.

*continues to cross fingers that we can kill her in GW2*

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Question here.

Does anyone know how the PvP armour rewards will work? I know for 5v5 you join in, get up'd to 80 with skills + stats, but when we're rewarded from PvP via cosmetic armour, do we need level 80 to use it, or can we just use it no matter what?

Since I know some people will only PvP, then sometimes go out to DE's to earn some quick cash etc, so how does this armour work? Since if we can get it at any level, when we're out in PvE it's going to have to have some kind of scaling stats or something as you level.

I hope someone understands what I actually mean.
    We'll be getting Glory to buy PvP rewards with, so I guess that implies there will be some kind of pool of items to spend it on. Which PvE levels that gear will require isn't clear. We don't know if that gear will be usable in the PvE content or if WvWvW will have the same type of reward system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    Kormir sucks and doesn't deserve anything, much less a whole keg.
    I dont know. kormir sucking does not sound like such a bad thing but then agian I'm a guy.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Omg... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bar_brawl ... just pure awesomenes!?! Shit!
    Okay GW2 has officially replaced TOR in my heart.

OT: Am I the only one hates male Sylvari? I usually play male Blood Elves, and male Night Elves in wow, yet male Sylvari seem so............. overly lithe and even gullible looking.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-21 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post

OT: Am I the only one hates male Sylvari? I usually play male Blood Elves, and male Night Elves in wow, yet male Sylvari seem so............. overly lithe and even gullible looking.
    Well, lore wise they're supposed to be a little gullible as they're a young race. Also, I think playable Sylvari start out before they're even born. I'm no expert on Guild Wars lore though

yeah.. im not making a sylvari since i only play male characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Well, lore wise they're supposed to be a little gullible as they're a young race. Also, I think playable Sylvari start out before they're even born. I'm no expert on Guild Wars lore though
    You're dead on actually, I just hope they add less bubbly faces for the male Sylvari.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post

I dislike male Sylvari aswell, but then again I didn't like Nelf males or Belf males, I only had a Belf male character for comical value.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I'm not seein' it, guys. Granted, the character customization videos aren't incredibly in-depth, but I don't see anything wrong with the male Sylvari stuff we've been shown so far. *shrugs*

See that dude with the MOHAWK made of LEAVES?

Totally badass.

That guy? He doesn't even need to throw on any wimpy "clothes" or "armor" over his bark skin to wreck your junk.

You know it to be true.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2011-09-21 at 08:57 PM. Reason: more substance

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I dislike male Sylvari aswell, but then again I didn't like Nelf males or Belf males, I only had a Belf male character for comical value.
    >.< They aren't that bad. But then again I'm abit of an altoholic, so I like all of wow's races (except male dwarfs). In any case my main is going to be a Charr ranger.

I lol'd at the 6 pack abs on the bark guy

Deleted
    Humm, well after that picture just posted.

The one in the middle looks alright, but I think I'm still going to have mine female and make it look like Caithe.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wasn't the only one not impressed by sylvari males? Oh who am I kidding, I planned to play all female characters anyway lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    but GW2 got that from Aion too though, haha. but Aions seems the most user friendly and it is maaaaaad cheap to do so. says alot though about GW2 ideas since they seem to make WoW feel threatened.
    But Aion got that from GW1 too though but it's more user friendly (just takes longer... with in game currency, armor didn't matter you could look however you wanted)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

My main will probably be a Human Thief, I want to make a Norn or Sylvari Thief but I feel like they don't fit as a Thief story wise and I don't think I would be able to make a male Sylvari look good. I may play whatever the next class is if it has a lot of melee skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    My main will probably be a Human Thief, I want to make a Norn or Sylvari Thief but I feel like they don't fit as a Thief story wise and I don't think I would be able to make a male Sylvari look good. I may play whatever the next class is if it has a lot of melee skills.
    Norn under snow leopard make a lot of sense story wise. I'd rather a female sylvari engineer buttttt that's just me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    But Aion got that from GW1 too though but it's more user friendly (just takes longer... with in game currency, armor didn't matter you could look however you wanted)
    i didn't know that GW1 allowed you to remodel your armor, i just thought you switched it like most other games. can you show me a link of this?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i didn't know that GW1 allowed you to remodel your armor, i just thought you switched it like most other games. can you show me a link of this?
    The concept of armor skin being unimportant.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Seeing as how it's confirmed to be a Scholar class, I'd say a bunch of melee is highly unlikely.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    Seeing as how it's confirmed to be a Scholar class, I'd say a bunch of melee is highly unlikely.
    I dunno about that. Half of the Necromancer's weapons are melee based.

I guess sticking to melee only would gimp your character somewhat with all the slows and immobilize effects in this game.

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

How they would even implement melee skills for Mesmers is beyond me. Can someone tell me what they would actually hit people with? Would it be like psychic energy?