There was also the Tabula Rasa fiasco..

But hey, it's a dog-eat-dog business world. Aslong as they stay the hell away from the creative process of GW2 I'll be glad. They've been good to Arenanet and GW1 is a good example of this cooperation.

Aion was 'okay'. So-so planning and so-so execution. It had too many competing mechanics that sorta make the game go bleh. Oh well, good try NCSoft.

Tabula Rasa had some really horrid design decisions and bad ideas about community information & communication at time when that wasn't really acceptable in the market. That was all developer stupidity. Garriot made like one good game. Kind of a bad designer truth be told. Wouldn't lay that all at NCsoft's feet as development was shaky at best.

Aion while not as popular as expected, held out for a long time with lots of updates, improvements and a decent size of the market till Rift came along.

Holy hell, I play too many games :[

Oh yeah, Garriot was a having more fun in space than developing the game. What I didn't agree with was the way NCsoft terminated his position. Now THAT was a pretty underhanded move. Ah well, that was years ago.

What I did like about Aion was the character customization. I'm so glad they are using that feature (granted, no oblong characters, hah!) in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this will be the launcher or how the log in screen will look (at around 14 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

That was the video I watched that made me want to roll a Thief. Her outfit is too cute for words.

Also, yea. Aej I agree with that. Still hardly as underhanded as a lot of pubs. And I don't know if Anet have the same freedom if say, EA published their games. A far worse pub, IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    SNIP
    Could be, but I don't think so. They've had different "demo-launchers".. Though it's a clean launcher :P

Deleted
    I wonder if this will be the launcher or how the log in screen will look (at around 14 seconds)
    I hope so, I like it just like that. Even the character screen is perfect, I presume since then they've added the characters to show aswell.

I wondered that too, could be a placeholder either way I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would fucking love it. So simple... No fucking dragon screeching at me, no random portal...

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    *cough*

Zomg Mif has hacked the beta!

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough*

Fuggin asura..

i think Mif is a dev - Gimme beta plsss

Deleted
    *cough*

What is this sorcery?!

Deleted
    Who's been leaking information?

I like it though, clean and smooth. Wonder what the onlinee button is for, is it like real-id but one with a toggle?

Deleted
    *cough*

Mif the almighty! You're the best, damn your good

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post

I like it though, clean and smooth. Wonder what the onlinee button is for, is it like real-id but one with a toggle?
    its because when you enter the game since you can be in multiple guilds if you dont want your guild to know your online u can hide your presence so yea its like real id but for the entire playerbase not just your friends list.

Deleted

In GW1 they got a option to log on like "Online", "DND", "Offline" and some more.

Zeek beat me to it

Deleted

It's probably so you can choose if you want to appear online/busy/invisible on your friends list before you log in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalu View Post
    It's probably so you can choose if you want to appear online/busy/invisible on your friends list before you log in.
    That would be very handy