Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    It's so very nice with some Mesmer gameplay, my long awaited proffession (not class) and why do so many still say quests? yes 1 can argue personal story has "quests" but that's about it >.<

I have seen, and fallen in love with Engineer too now. + the rest also, i can not decide what to play yet.
    I know the starting instances have quests and then after that only personal story stuff does. There was a video a couple pages back where they talk about that a little bit, they go on talking about how natural the game feels after the intro area.

Also bluexephos say that at the start of their second video.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-02-20 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oddly, I find the graphics to be kinda not awesome from the recent footage. Maybe the resolution of the vids is just bad. But there is a lot of fuzziness in distance objects, rough edges in character models and loads of effects clutter.

I am in the Tera beta. And it's gorgeous and most importantly, visually sharp.
    remember now.. youtube kills quality of videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Frame rates and lag (possible cause: fraps, beta)
    Awkward voice acting (opinionated, possible work in progress)
    Low res textures (beta, fraps, press cpu)

There are other really small things I found. There's really nothing glaring, just small things. I really need to play it myself.

Really; that small, small list of 3 things probably won't make it to launch, and they are small in of themselves.
    Only issue that's a concern for me is the voice acting. God that's terrible. But since this game isn't very story driven (like with TOR questing), I'll probably play with the sound off anyways

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I know the starting instances have quests and then after that only personal story stuff does. There was a video a couple pages back where they talk about that a little bit, they go on talking about how natural the game feels after the intro area.

Also bluexephos say that at the start of their second video.
    they're still only personal story, which some people refer to as quests though. I don't mind it really though, it's just a minor pet peeve for me personally.

well lemme change my pants after seeing these videos. brb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Only issue that's a concern for me is the voice acting. God that's terrible. But since this game isn't very story driven (like with TOR questing), I'll probably play with the sound off anyways
    Hehe, yea, personally I never been a big fan of lore and quests and that kind of stuff really.
    But in terms of race, sure norn and those I have fairly little interest in and personal story would be a painful bit. However, since I love the asura race... this will probably be the first game I really take part in the story. Sure, I wont work on it very much because of time restrictions and pvp preferences, but when I do explore my personal story I will have the sound on =)

wow.. comments of some of this GW2 videos people talking like they just started following the game.

wrong in 3/4 the things they say.. and saying wrong info as fact.

Deleted
    Mif - actually I wanted to hear your opinion on posted things by me.
    Anyway... someone said that waiting for guild wars 2 is like waiting for death with one difference - death will come but gw2 will not xD

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I didn't really notice the voice acting other than some cheesy lines. What I did notice was that a lot of the npcs would have conversations just by walking by them. It makes the world seem more alive. I'm ok with less than stellar voice acting if most of the voice work is just background anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I didn't really notice the voice acting other than some cheesy lines. What I did notice was that a lot of the npcs would have conversations just by walking by them. It makes the world seem more alive. I'm ok with less than stellar voice acting if most of the voice work is just background anyway.
    I found the voice acting about as stilted as Skyrim's VA, perhaps only a little bit worse.

Of course, it's difficult to have good voice acting in a heavy fantasy setting. Even SWTOR sounds a bit stilted to me at times, and that game has some of the best VA I've heard in an MMO.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

TB and Yogscast are taking their time with the videos.

Deleted
    Just came back home. So, so much stuff to watch...

Deleted
    For anyone that wants to see the settings menu´s can take a look at this, its after the whole cinematics part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFJyx...x=4&playnext=1

Ele PvP dogs!

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    We should really make a thread where we can gather all "after press beta" videos, will be really annyoing having to look through all these pages to see all youtube links ):

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    We should really make a thread where we can gather all "after press beta" videos, will be really annyoing having to look through all these pages to see all youtube links ):
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ed_press_beta/

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...st-t27964.html

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...icles-f32.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ele PvP dogs!

Just when I had my heart set on rolling a Mesmer I see this, damn that looked awesome.

He just spamed attack skill 1 though for.... 9/10 of the video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He just spamed attack skill 1 though for.... 9/10 of the video.
    Yeah he wasn't the best player I gotta admit, still cool seeing some abilities in action though

Anyone have an updated skill calculator so I can start setting up theorys for mesmer >.> I got this condition teleport set I am thinking of for PvP.

Use staff clone - turn around and teleport - other player thinks you were the clone and disapears and he attacks the clone - set up portal - explode clone before it dies - rape face - use portal when he gets near - repeat.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-20 at 08:44 PM.