10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    You can say that, but I'm pretty sure at the time, there was only one thing on Logan's mind, and it wasn't how successful Destiny's Edge was going to be without him :P
    And rightly so, the human people were in need!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And rightly so, the human people were in need!
    I'm pretty sure if Jenna wasn't one of those people in need, Logan would not have cared nearly as much...I'm sorry, you can back up Logan's actions all you want, but he did what he did because he was a love sick fool that acted out of his own selfish desire of playing white knight for the queen. It was just dumb luck that it happened to probably be the better course of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Jenna wasn't one of those people in need, Logan would not have cared nearly as much...I'm sorry, you can back up Logan's actions all you want, but he did what he did because he was a love sick fool that acted out of his own selfish desire of playing white knight for the queen. It was just dumb luck that it happened to probably be the better course of action.
    I dunno. This queen does happen to be a mesmer.

Edit: It's also true that Divinity's Reach was under attack by minions of the Elder Dragons... so, yeah. The group is about killing dragonspawn, right?

Anyways, I'm wondering... do Sylvari have to eat to survive? O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-08 at 03:57 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I dunno. This queen does happen to be a mesmer.

Edit: It's also true that Divinity's Reach was under attack by minions of the Elder Dragons... so, yeah. The group is about killing dragonspawn, right?

Anyways, I'm wondering... do Sylvari have to eat to survive? O_o
    It wasnt Divinity's Reach, it was Ebon Hawke i believe. It's a fort on the border of the Crystal Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    It wasnt Divinity's Reach, it was Ebon Hawke i believe. It's a fort on the border of the Crystal Desert.
    Isn't Ebon Hawke an establishment at Ascalon? Against the roaming ghosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Ebonhawke then. *shrugs*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Isn't Ebon Hawke an establishment at Ascalon? Against the roaming ghosts.
    Nope, they are on the other side of the dragonmark or w/e it is called. They are pretty much on their own against the Charr. Only reason they are still alive is the asura gate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in other words, the defenders of that fort weren't just under attack, they were being slaughtered, and so the queen calls upon her designated champion. I'm still not sure if it's a magical summoning or if it's her calling up Logan via magical cell phone, but either way... even with Logan's help, and Logan enlisting the aid of Charr prisoners in the defense, they lost over 133 members of Seraph, including Logan's own brother.

I get why people bash on him for the whole thing, but I think people would bash him regardless. Logan not being involved would've resulted in the death of even more humans, and perhaps the queen herself. :S
    Without the queen, humans are ruled by this guy. Has anybody else noticed that the queen lost popularity among the nobles because of her truce with the charr?
    One can infer that this Caudecus guy would rather war against the charr.

Why would you think anyone other than the charr would attack the humans? Logan had nothing to do with the charr cease fire and overall if i had to choose between a human leader ( who can be replaced) or taking out a Elder Dragon (who cant be replaced)...i would take out the Elder Dragon.
    So you killed an Elder Dragon but humanity is about to be annihilated? The thing is humans are on a precarious ledge in GWU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So you killed an Elder Dragon but humanity is about to be annihilated? The thing is humans are on a precarious ledge in GWU.
    I like the fact that humans are a dying race. It's kind of unique for fantasy. Usually it's exactly the opposite.

Also realize Ebonhawke isn't just a "fort" it's a huge psychological symbol for humanity. Which again, is on the verge of being wiped out by everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I like the fact that humans are a dying race. It's kind of unique for fantasy. Usually it's exactly the opposite.
    It's the only reason I'm interested in playing human, actually.

It's the only reason I'm interested in playing human, actually.
    Yea im sorta torn between Norn and Human because of this reason. I like Norn due to their likeness of Norse Mythology but humans being the underdog in the universe adds its own special flavor. Seeing how the story unfolds from the perspective of a race thats pretty much endangered attracts me.

All the races are awesome, and oh so different from eachother, it it really really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is going under the assumption that Queen Jenah wouldnt have casted her spell which is what saved them, not Logan.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going under the assumption that Queen Jenah wouldnt have casted her spell which is what saved them, not Logan.
    It's likely more would have died without Logan, and it's easily possible the queen herself would've died. Hell, for all we know, she was trying to cast that spell from the start, but it required a large amount of preparation.

It's likely more would have died without Logan, and it's easily possible the queen herself would've died. Hell, for all we know, she was trying to cast that spell from the start, but it required a large amount of preparation.
    Very likely possibility =) Like to see how the political machinations of the Humans will play into the story if at all.

The asura gate requires more than just simply walking through it to use it. Have you read Ghosts of Ascalon?
    you have a point in here, well... an asura gate wouldn't stop an elder dragon I guess

Well she needed logan to buy her and her mesmers some time to cast a gigantic illusion, Lucky for logan he recruited the charr that were imprisoned in ebonhawke to help him.