Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i am excited that all content is 5 man content instead of all the shit you have to go through just to make a 10 man or 25 man guilds like in wow, having a good 5 man group goes a long way..

sorry for being an ignorant but can someone point me to where i should go to read about PvE in this game ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Read "Dynamic Events" all the way to and including "Content Scaling".

Also "Dungeons" much much later in the post.

Deleted
    Do we have any information regarding ping and such?
    Would really not like to play on a US server if i have 300ms

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Do we have any information regarding ping and such?
    Would really not like to play on a US server if i have 300ms
    Servers will be hosted in Dallas, US (for NA) and Frankfurt, DE (for EU).

I simply ran a speed test from www.speedtest.net to Dallas to see how it'd be. 310ms latency with 100mbps fiber. EU server it is for me at least.

30 hours to go...

Time goes slow.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

For Euro players, My friends and I decided On Fissure of Woe, if anyone cares to join us that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I think I'll be a gladium. I respect no authority. Period.
    I've actually been wondering if any of the personal story options will allow that.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    i think you are more likely to play 4 char one an elem one a mesmer one a thief and one lock then you are to play 4 thief one slivari one charr one norn one human

when ever any one says but you can't do that it is to hard is a cop out WoW works why change it and you get a game that is 90% like wow swtor did the story thing right but with out branching paths and the one story for 2 classes was a cop out.

in GW2 i can have 2 chars that have the same story one a thief and one a engineer to me that is stupid. i am sorry i think that is better for a story then the silvari waking up at night vs dawn. 99% of all the paths will all ways be the same but not having a step that makes me a top thief in the world is just cutting out more.

GW2 seems more and more like a game that they are just trying to cut out as much as they can get away with and still have a game.

ps if what drakewurrum is saying and you get 3 options that have you prof as the base then you prof dose effect you story and my statment is moot
    Errr... you do realize that to have the same personal storyline between two characters they'd have to be the same race AND you'd have to choose the exact same answer to 4 (5 depending on the answer to the issue in the next sentence) questions right? Also is there a confirmation that your profession doesn't matter, that your unique profession-item choice is purely cosmetic? The way some of them are described it really sounds like there could be more story to them TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I've actually been wondering if any of the personal story options will allow that.
    Sorta. But only within reason of the story and your personality wheel. They give you dialogue like in TOR with little icons showing the personalty aspect the choice conveys. It's more like a Alignment wheel from DnD or MTG than the left/right simplicity of TOR.

That being said, it's really difficult to play an outright villain or purely evil archetype. At best one can be really mean and kind of a jerk based on what I saw. Genocidal maniac flying from world to world w/ a psychotic bazooka carrying midget is totally not possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be gladium at character creation at the very least.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaotic good FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Chaotic good FTW!
    Minsc, is that you?

Random question about crafting:

When using the discovery process, am I to understand tooltips help you in regards to what components to use? Also, is the idea of discovering like this:

-Ok, you put this first compnent here...there are 8 undiscovered recipes using this.
    -Now add another; there are 4.
    -Add another; there are 2.
    -Add another; you discovered a recipe, now craft it!

Is it like this, and at this point your ingredients are used? Or do you use things and hope they combine into an item at some other point in the process?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Minsc, is that you?
    This "Minsc" doesn't even have 1/10th of the cookies I do

I hated the bullshit that a Barbarian always ended up Chaotic in DnD. That made no sense. Tribal cultures can be very rigid and duty bound. I should have had the option to play a LE Frenzied Berserker.

FFFUUUU, Dungeon Master Mike! I'll carry this bitterness for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    This "Minsc" doesn't even have 1/10th of the cookies I do
    I would trade 10 cookies for a mini giant space hamster though...
    Not to mention some of the best quotes ever xD

Anyway.....yh...chaotic good is totally where it's at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minsc, is that you?
    Mif = Boo.
    Now I have to wonder who on the forum is Minsc.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I would trade 10 cookies for a mini giant space hamster though...
    Not to mention some of the best quotes ever xD
    Wouldn't that be like just a large Asura?

OMGBURNSUCKITRATPEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Mif = Boo.
    Now I have to wonder who on the forum is Minsc.
    For some reason I'm thinking granpab...must be the avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wouldn't that be like just a large Asura?

OMGBURNSUCKITRATPEOPLE
    Yh....ur so jelly, right? Only the asura are truly cute xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Random question about crafting:

When using the discovery process, am I to understand tooltips help you in regards to what components to use? Also, is the idea of discovering like this:

-Ok, you put this first compnent here...there are 8 undiscovered recipes using this.
    -Now add another; there are 4.
    -Add another; there are 2.
    -Add another; you discovered a recipe, now craft it!

Is it like this, and at this point your ingredients are used? Or do you use things and hope they combine into an item at some other point in the process?
    It's pretty much as you described it, yes.
    Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elq2...ure=plpp_video

Just playing: http://youtu.be/18kT_8ihedU

On loop to get pumped for this weekend. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    It's pretty much as you described it, yes.
    Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elq2...ure=plpp_video
    Ok, so some items may require 2, 3, or 4 components, and it's not always that 4 make an item. Seems simple and satisfying. Thanks.