Interupt Announcements?

I'm looking for an addon to announce all interupts from my raid - not just my own. Any tips?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Announce, but I found that it was only reporting for me, which made me sad considering I'm Holy and therefore don't interrupt all that often.

Maybe I have a setting wrong? If you haven't yet, try it and see if I just goofed up somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    By the way you phrased it, I'm guessing the interrupter has to have it installed, and not just the person wanting to monitor them all? That seems kind of tedious to be frank.

I don't know if you've ever tried to get an entire raid to install something, but mine at least tends to be hesitant if it's not downright vital. :P

Is this just a limitation of announce addons or why does this have to be set up this way?

Deleted
    Nothing is 100% accurate anyway.
    The combat log can register an interrupt while the servers don't due to latency, happens all the time.

The add on Who Interrupt worked well for me. Annouces raid, Party or Self. If a cast is interrupted by anyone close to you, you'll get a message. Only downside is, those people don't have to be in your group\raid. Sometimes I'd do a say for a person next too me doing their TB dailies. It's easy to turn off and on the mod, so not a big deal.

Only other issue you might see, is that sometimes if two people interrupt at the same time, they will both get an announce or whoever got registered first will get the announce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The add on Who interrupt worked well for me. Annouces raid, Party or Self. If a cast is interrupted by anyone close to you, you'll get a message. Only downside is, those people don't have to be in your group\raid. Sometimes I'd do a say for a person next too me doing their TB dailies. It's easy to turn off and on the mod, so not a big deal.
    I can't find it on Curse. Can you provide a link? <3

Also, how close do you have to be? Would a standard raid room like Maloriak's size catch them all?

I'm using this:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...erruptsay.aspx

Very simple, but does the job well.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I can't find it on Curse. Can you provide a link? <3

Also, how close do you have to be? Would a standard raid room like Maloriak's size catch them all?
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...terrupted.aspx

Yeah, I got it particuarly for 25man Maloriak. In our case we were trying to figure out if someone was interrupting when they shouldn't be or if it was just bugging. It seems some of the cast interrupts were a bug, other times people were just trigger happy.

Deleted
    A guildmate has made his own version for our guild that announces who interrupted what when ad how. IT spams Raid, but he's working on it.

Another one is InterruptAll. Its one I just downloaded recently so I've been trying it out. The only thing I dont like about it is it doesnt appear to have a way to print the interrupts to a certain channel and it gets too spammy and there's nothing you can do about it except turn it off. Although there might be a way and I havent looked it up yet. BUt it posts all interrupts to the chat whether it's your interrupt or someone elses. Your entire raid doesnt have to download it.

Deleted
    Well tbh i've wanted something like this to myself, so i decided to write an addon that does exactly what i needed.
    Its still a work in progress, and im wating for 4.1 to upload it (cause theres a small change on the wow api and i need to update it to work on 4.1)

Anyways its rather simple and atm it does some stuff.
    It announces interrupts from everyone ON YOUR PARTY/RAID (people outside your party/raid are not announced) to the correct channel (I.E. if you are in a party it says to the party, if you are in a rain it says to the raid and so on)
    Slash command to change the announce to the say channel if someone preferes (so you dont get too many raid/party spam).
    Slash command to completly turn off the announce (no need to turn off the addon)

Message comes like this: -Playername- Interrupted -Mobname-'s -spellname- with -playerinterruptspellname- (Note: the spellname and playerinterruptspellname are linked with the associate spell. Wich means one can click it to get the spell tooltip)

Almost finishing another slash command to make the interrupt only announcing the player interrupts and not everyone.

What you guys think?

Deleted
    Without the code, not much I can say about it.

Make sure you don't leak any globals and code efficiently.

Deleted
    Hello.
    My post before was more of a question about if i should add any more functions. Its my first addon, and i'm doing my best to do it efficiently.
    Thanks on the link about the globals leak. It was very informative.