Poll: Do you like water?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    fun fact of the day

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/st...=728070&page=1

"I can definitely taste the difference between like a Fiji water and an Evian and a Poland Spring," one woman said. Many brands -- Aquafina, Deer Park and Dasani -- had loyal fans.

The labels of the bottled waters do suggest they're special. Some show mountains or polar bears or glaciers. You have to look at the fine print to find out Everest Water is not from Mount Everest. It's from Corpus Christi, Texas. Glacier Clear Water is not from a glacier in Alaska. Its source is tap water from Greeneville, Tenn.

Big-selling Dasani and Aquafina are also just reprocessed tap water from cities around the country. One of Aquafina's sources is the Detroit River! At least the popular French water, Evian, does come from France.

In actuality there are many types of water, water should really have no taste other then the one we give it in our desire to quench our thirst, but unfortunately in the polluted world we live today water has many tastes, lead, copper, rust, and the list goes on, pure water with true water taste is locked up in glaciers that have been frozen for thousands of years and we will probably not get a chance to sample that water in our life times.

15+ Year Old Account
    It taste metal/rusty...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Nothing tastes better than a cold class of water after a long workout.

Deleted
    Everything tastes somehow. Water has its own taste, you usually don't realize it, because you're drinking it all your life, but when it's a hot summer day and you're thirsty as hell, water "tastes" great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Water will mostly activate whatever little sort of taste is left on your tongue, and that is mostly the only taste of water there is.

Deleted
    I don't trust tap water, so I drink bottled water instead. Not the still stuff, but the sparkling variant. It's pretty refreshing.

Deleted
    Despite the great quality of Finnish tap water, I can't stand drinking the stuff as such and end up brewing more tea than anything, with milk and chocolate milk coming in second and third. There most certainly is a taste to tap water, bottled water (only in airplanes, wouldn't buy that crap) and any other water, based on the dissolved mineral content and what-ever dissolved crap from the plastic bottle there may be. For example, the bottled water in airplanes has a distinct plastic-y flavor to it, the warmer the worse. Especially chlorinated water in some of the travel locations I've been to, just do horrors on my taste buds. Have tasted de-ionized water and that is tasteless right out of the machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Living in Los Angeles Means you do not drink the water unless it is bottled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    totally agreed, living in California, most of our cities have regulations where all new homes must have water purification systems pre-installed by the builders because it is hazardous to your health to drink straight unfiltered tap water. One time in my tech class back in highschool (1997) a teacher poured straight tap into a glass, popped in two diodes and powered on a light bulb. I never touched tap since lol.

It does if there is a lot of sugar and stuff in it which is what i drink.

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Nothing tastes better than a cold class of water after a long workout.
    ....(Sigh) i thought humans had evolved past this. But no i guess they couldn't. They had to throw themselfs in with brutality and cavemen.

Mod Warning: Don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-04-25 at 10:47 AM.

Never really thought about. Although i do drink a lot of water, pretty much the only thing ill drink if im in the house.

Weird thing is though, i can never drink it from a glass straight from the tap (Unless im insanely thirsty). Yet if i bottle the tap water then drink it im fine about it....is that weird? O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally support this thread. This question had to be raised sooner or later. Kudos to the OP.

And yes, water is awesome and is my primary intake of liquid (80%+ for sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    For roughly two years now, I've been carrying a stomach disorder which causes me to become very nauseous (vomiting often involved) when I eat or drink certain stuff. I won't tread into details too much, other then the fact that for most of those two years, I've drunk nothing but water. So, I guess I have some knowledge on its taste!

Water in fact does have a taste. The issue however is that pretty much everything you eat and drink contains water, and your body itself consists for roughly 80% out of water -- This makes it look like water doesn't have a taste when you drink it. When you drink different kinds of water in a short time though, you can easily distinguish the different tastes.
    For example, water out of the tap tastes different then mineral water out of a bottle; Mineral water often tastes more refreshing, whereas tap water can sometimes have a slight hint of other tastes due to a slight amount of residue from the pipes it ran through to reach your mouth. Another example is "new" and "old" water; A bottle of water that's been filled just yesterday tastes different then one that's been filled three days ago. You can easily notice the older bottle tasting weird, while the new bottle still tastes cool and refreshing.

As for the general tastes of water, though... It's hard to describe. It's say that it tastes like a basic, sometimes bitter fluid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    My tap water tastes like burning plastic with lemon. Mmmmmm
    Mine tastes like rotten eggs with too much paprika.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Stupid question but if the water is that bad, do you also use bottled water to make coffee/tea?
    Personally I've never had "bad" tap water (even on holidays) so I'm kinda curieus how you deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    If your mouth is dry it can activate some nerves in your mouth and can make you think it has a distinguishable taste

10+ Year Old Account
    Fresh, chilly water from mountains is amazing! So refreshing, its like mouth orgasm... heh ok bit too far but its really nice... Dosn't have taste but VERY refreshing ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I live in Sweden and the only way I can explain the tap water here is with the word Amazing. It just tastes so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    Stupid question but if the water is that bad, do you also use bottled water to make coffee/tea?
    Personally I've never had "bad" tap water (even on holidays) so I'm kinda curieus how you deal with it
    Stayed in Beijing for a few weeks back in 2003, couldn't drink any of the water over there apart from the bottled stuff. It's not to bad to deal with, EVERYWHERE had bottled water and it was always very cheap to buy so i never really had a problem with it. We had to use bottled water for pretty much anything, didn't matter if it was going to be boiled or anything.