Poll: Do you like water?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stop saying that water has a "taste"... - quote from wikipedia:

Taste and odor

Water can dissolve many different substances, giving it varying tastes and odors. Humans and other animals have developed senses which enable them to evaluate the potability of water by avoiding water that is too salty or putrid. The taste of spring water and mineral water, often advertised in marketing of consumer products, derives from the minerals dissolved in it. However, pure H2O is tasteless and odorless. The advertised purity of spring and mineral water refers to absence of toxins, pollutants and microbes.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Acheros View Post
    Really? From what I have heard it can make you sick and give you a stomach ache etc.
    You've heard wrong. There is far more bacteria in bottled water than tap water.... at least in the UK. I drink tap water all the time and there's nothing wrong with it. Also for people commenting that it tastes like Chlorine in the UK... well it certainly doesn't taste like Chlorine to me. It probably varies from 1 area to another.

I only really drink pure water after going for a run or at bed time as anything else on your teeth all night isn't good.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    of course water has a taste... try different sorts of fresh ground water, e.g. vittel and others. there is a difference in taste, caused by clarity, the ground where it's from, the filling part in factories etc.
    Or the taste of the plastic bottle it came in...

I would say it has a feeling more than a taste i say people just group them up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Tap but almost everyone says water up here is supposed to be delicious. Though if i'm right it's some of the stuff they add when purifying it i seem to be oddly sensitive to chemicals. So yeah i plan to find a spring and try water from that some day.

It's also not unheard of for individuals with autism like myself to not like water just very rare.
    Well, I guess Alaska has quite a few springs As far as I know, tap water almost everywhere has a great deal of chemicals in it, and I'm just lucky to live in one of the places with purest tap water in the entire planet. Tried it in other corners of Russia where fate has brought me, and it was really bad everywhere but Kamchatka.

I love water. As for taste, perhaps it's the mineral composition, but once you fest for 2-3 days and drink mineral water, or after a hot day outside - it almost has a sweet taste

I hate the taste of water and drinking it. Might sound strange but I find it actually dries me out. If I do drink it, its gotta be ICE cold and I have to gulp it down real fast.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't have a weird metallic taste like some country water, one can't go wrong; however, flavoured water ultimately trumps the unflavoured.

Waters been ruined for me. You know how if you puke after you eat/drink something, that something tastes bad and like puke the next time you have it? That happened to me when I was 8. I had the flu, and I drank a bunch of water, because I thought it would make me feel better, next thing I know I puke, and now water just tastes awful for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    can you do any rainman stuff? like the gambling ?
    Nah well unless you call being able to figure out a guys whole daily schedule just by talking to him on the phone and knowing when he's had to go before. But no i have asbergers syndrome so i mainly just absorb random trivia or information on things that catch my eye.

Deleted
    I drink loads of water, nice cold only.. But my Wife drank loads of warm water when she was pregnant..

Water is tasteless< its the Sodium's and other trace minerals your tasting Especially in some bottle water which can contain high level of sodium due to it not having the same treatment and filtering as tap water, And Tape water contains fluoride, & trace levels of chlorine..So its these your are tasting

Also OT Water is Blue not Clear..

This information comse from Q.I thanks Stephen Fry..
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-04-25 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Waters been ruined for me. You know how if you puke after you eat/drink something, that something tastes bad and like puke the next time you have it? That happened to me when I was 8. I had the flu, and I drank a bunch of water, because I thought it would make me feel better, next thing I know I puke, and now water just tastes awful for me.
    Yep this has happened to me though i hated water even before this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yep this has happened to me though i hated water even before this.

I'm the same with cheesecake, I got a Migraine and was really sick/ill it came on fast and I was eating cheesecake, now every time I see or smell cheesecake I get a mild headache and feel queasy

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tap water in Scotland is quality but the best comes from up in the highlands, just get a cup and dip it in a cold mountain stream. Feels good, man.

Lives fairly high up, with a hole in the ground, some 60 meters down, found a really good vein for water, taste like heaven.

I like water

the water i drink is seriously delicious! we have our own waterspring it has quite some Flouride in it so it can be both good and bad for your teeth but it's soooooo damn delicious (i live in a village in the northern woods of Sweden)

10+ Year Old Account
    It only tastes like the glass it is in, so if the glass is clean there is nothing to not like about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Deleted
    Amazed the amount of people who think it has a taste besides minerals/chemicals.

Do I like the taste of water? Seeing as it has no taste, yes. Do I like the taste of the minerals etc, in water? Not really no.

I actually got into the habit of drinking distilled water a few days ago (water without the minerals), and I prefer it now over any other kind of water. It doesn't seem to have as much of a plastic taste as mineral water imo, but maybe I'm just weird