Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

NBA playoffs random thoughts

Knicks - Heads up Knick fans. You are 1 trade away from having a great team and will have some fun seasons ahead of you.
    Spurs - You time has come and gone a long time ago in spite of Ginobili. But 1-2 against the grizzlies? Really?
    Celts - Experience. Experience Experience. Nothing is better this time of year.
    Heat - Your late game lack of clutch play is going to cost you later in the playoffs.
    Bulls - Scares the crap out of me
    Mavs - Cuban is a tool and his team pretty average.
    Magic - Howard is a waste of talent on that team. But Van Gundy is fun to watch.
    Thunder - Like them bunches. Hungry and fun to watch. Great fans.
    Portland and Atlanta. Dont care.
    Lakers - Talented, deep, big, experienced. Still the team to beat. The championship will go thru LA
    ,,,,, aaaaand baseball still sucks.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-04-25 at 12:37 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Sports and Fitness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Knicks - Heads up Knick fans. You are 1 trade away from having a great team and will have some fun seasons ahead of you.
    Spurs - You time has come and gone a long time ago in spite of Ginobili. But 1-2 against the grizzlies? Really?
    Celts - Experience. Experience Experience. Nothing is better this time of year.
    Heat - Your late game lack of clutch play is going to cost you later in the playoffs.
    Bulls - Scares the crap out of me
    Mavs - Cuban is a tool and his team pretty average.
    Magic - Howard is a waste of talent on that team. But Van Gundy is fun to watch.
    Thunder - Like them bunches. Hungry and fun to watch. Great fans.
    Portland and Atlanta. Dont care.
    Lakers - Talented, deep, big, experienced. Still the team to beat. The championship will go thru LA
    ,,,,, aaaaand baseball still sucks.
    Knicks- Totally agree. I was amazed they were in it for games 1 and 2. Games 3 and 4 were more of what I expected. Once that team adds another couple pieces and gets used to playing together they are going to be great. The problem is that the bitchy New York media and fans expect success right NOW so expect the Knicks to be hammered in the media and lose confidence.

Spurs- Ya I agree that they seem to be aging rapidly. The run they were on until the last 20 games of the season was incredible. Kind of shocking to see it dissolve so rapidly. Even if they do beat the Griz, no way do they get past the Thunder.

Celtics- Looked shockingly bad in the first two games. Intrigued to see how they continue to play throughout the playoffs. I really don't see them getting passed the Heat.

Heat- They have played down to the level of the Sixers a couple times in this series, including today. If they can play to their potential they will be great. Don't think they win the title this year though as they are far too thin at the spots not occupied by the Big 3.

Bulls- Don't know why they scare you assuming you mean scare by them looking amazing. They have looked awful in every game of the series against a team that was 8 games under .500 and frankly has no business being in the playoffs.

Mavs- Cuban is the best owner in sports and ya the Mavs blow.

Magic- Howard is the entire team. The support pieces are a continual source of disappointment for that team, regardless of who they are. I really, really don't see Howard staying on the Magic when his contract expires after next season. Remember the Magic between the Shaq and Howard era? Neither does anyone else and it is exactly what the team is going to turn into.

Thunder- The next great team in the NBA. What isn't to love about them? Don't know if they are there yet, but they are getting there fast.

Portland- Great to see Roy back to being Roy. There was a time in the near past where Portland was expected to be incredible but was stricken by injury. If Roy recovers to his old form and Aldridge continues being fantastic they could be a hard out.

Atlanta- Who knows really. They haven't looked good as much as the Magic are just awful.

Lakers- You said it, but only is Gasol actually decides to play. If he isn't the most inconsistent player in the NBA he is close. Too often does he look completely disinterested.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty good assements Conscript.

Although I am not sure if I agree with the your Heat/Celtics outcome. Celts beat them 3 times regular season. Yeah, I know it only regular season but I think the celts can handle them. IDK, but there's something missing from the Heat. It just seems like they are just kind of lost at the end of tight games. Seems like they are just hanging around and just waiting for someone else to make a play. They will beat the Sixers, but with that kind of talent,,they should have crushed them easily every game. No killer instinct with the Heat.

Edited;; Sunday night lakers game underscores your point about Gasol. He's just not into it anymore.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-04-25 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Gasol
    Operation Red Wing