Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    From different things that I've read, a lot of people are thinking its gonna be a mixture of the Colisuem games and Shadow pokemon games.

Deleted
    I hope its gonna be a Ruby/Sapphire remake tbh and i read somewhere that it was confirmed there will not be a third Gen 5 game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    I know this won't happen, but i've always wanted a realistic (visually) and serious (story/characters) pokemon game on consoles or PC

How bad-ass would a bioware-style pokemon game be?

Also, google "realistic pokemon" images and see what im talking about. some of them are really good.
    Yes. This definitely. Though im sure it will never happened I would love to see at least one or two Pokemon games take a more serious route where you can have Pokemon fighting for you but the critters are more or less treated the same way an enemies in traditional RPGs. I mean when you think about it the Pokemon universe is pretty fucked up and can also have some interesting lore to it. It always seems that all the resources in the games world are focused towards Pokemon battles and very little else. I would love to see a more gritty realistic futuristic world, where there are no more trainers and Pokemon are just refereed to as wild animals or whatever their types are suppose to be based off like machine or ghost. Maybe have the "trainer" actually be able to fight along side his little minions. And like I said expand a little more on some interesting subjects no one really talks about. Like, how do Pokeballs work? Is there some kind of artificial dimension made by humans to trap Pokemon in? And also what qualifies something to be a "Pokemon". Not all of them are animals, look at Porygon, hes a friggen computer program, is it all some kind of human conspiracy to be the dominate species of the planet!? Or how about a Pokemon RPG set in a past fantasy setting where the other species of the world along with the humans are the other intelligent-Pokemon of the series, the humanoid ones like Alakazam and Mr. Mime. How bad ass would it be to have the light hearted origins of the series be based on some kind of ancient human crusade to rule the planet by using some sort of mystic ritual(the first "capturing" of a Pokemon) to send other species into containment and use them as minions? Also if a darkish futuristic one is ever made I want Mewtwo to go full bad ass mode villain in it.

Yea im sure this will never probably ever happen, or at least with Nintendo making it. The closest game has been Colosseum which was fun but id like them to go a bit farther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    Pokémon: Blood
    Rated M for mature
    Contains graphic language, violence, gore, and mild nudity.

Set in the distant future, Team Rocket used pokémon to destroy half of Asia. Three trainers use pokémons to fight off the destructive forces of Team Rocket. The gang has ravaged most of the world, keeping it under strict rule. In a fight for survival and liberty, only a trainer that gains enough power, can obliterate Team Rocket off the face of the earth.

Would be nice to see something of this sort...
    Yes.
    tooshortmessage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Maybe have the "trainer" actually be able to fight along side his little minions. And like I said expand a little more on some interesting subjects no one really talks about. Like, how do Pokeballs work? Is there some kind of artificial dimension made by humans to trap Pokemon in? And also what qualifies something to be a "Pokemon". Not all of them are animals, look at Porygon, hes a friggen computer program, is it all some kind of human conspiracy to be the dominate species of the planet!?
    Again this has all been done before in the manga, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Adventures . Even if you are not a manga fan its a definite must read for any hardcore pokemon fan. Just imagine the world of pokemon not so rated E for everyone and that's what you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Again this has all been done before in the manga, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Adventures . Even if you are not a manga fan its a definite must read for any hardcore pokemon fan. Just imagine the world of pokemon not so rated E for everyone and that's what you get.
    I actually think I have read a couple issues of it when it was turned into a comic book form. And yea it definitely had a better style to it. I vaguely remember the one issue being Sabrina and some other people fighting a giant evil Haunter. THATS the kind of stuff I want to see. Imagine a boss fight on top of a volcano where out of its crater comes a giant ass Charizard. Straight up boss battle, no capturing it, just beat the shit out of it.

But also if they never decide to go that direction two other ideas I would like to see are of course as every fan has wanted a 3D console version of the portable games but also i like to see a new battle system that lets you directly control your monsters in battle and makes it into a fighting game mode like being able to dodge and block and pull of attacks via combos.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-04-25 at 11:33 PM.

IMO, RSE was the best generation graphics aside, so an RSE remake would make my day.

A new PMD would be nice too, they had much more emotion to them then the main series.
    Last edited by RaikouTrio; 2011-04-25 at 11:39 PM.
    No. Just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikouTrio View Post
    IMO, RSE was the best generation graphics aside, so an RSE remake would make my day.
    Agreed! I just hope that if they remake gen 3, they include battle frontier and add some new areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I guess it will be the 3rd game for the black/white series, it's time for that.
    Oh yeah, it is isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Yes. This definitely. Though im sure it will never happened I would love to see at least one or two Pokemon games take a more serious route where you can have Pokemon fighting for you but the critters are more or less treated the same way an enemies in traditional RPGs. ....
    Lately I've been daydreaming of my own take on the pokemon franchise. It would drop the anime art style for a realistic one, and the story would be more tuned for adults. Instead of turn-based battles, you would actually control your pokemon in combat. Admittedly the combat is extremely similar to Dragon Age, in that you have four pokemon out at a time, with roles such as tank, healer, and damager. Each pokemon would have talent trees (with their "types" fuctioning as a loose class system). This version would introduce less new pokemon than most games (around 50), as it would focus on the different art-twists on older ones, but there are three new starters. You choose what your character says in the cutscenes, and your choices have major consequences.

It would take place in a new region with very strong ties to Kanto. It is an LDC that has recently suffered a series of devastating natural disasters. Due to these disasters the Pokemon League in the region has closed down. Rebel forces plague the survivors (think Darfur). Kanto has sent over a "peace corps" to try and help out.

Your character is a member of this "peace corps" that gets tangled up in the political unrest and uncovers a plot that that threatens to change the world. (The legendary pokemon of the game excretes universal evolutionary stones that evolve every pokemon into a new final form. Believing these new final forms are the purest form of pokemon, a cult attempts to distribute the stones to evolve every pokemon in the world.) On your journey you run into a number of companion characters that join you (including a mewtwo that was scientifically formed from "ditto", which actually isnt a pokemon in this version, but a goo created in a lab for this purpose. Identity crisis is a major part of this character's side story)

I don't know if what i typed makes sense, or if anyone really cares. None of my friends play pokemon, so this was the only way to get the idea out of my head. It isn't as thought out as some of my original idea's that i have for games but it is more thought out than i described above. Also type in "realistic pokemon" in google images to get an idea for what the game would look like.
    Last edited by Jhaalu; 2011-04-26 at 03:38 AM.

I kind of like the idea of making Pokemon a bit more adult oriented as its aging audience still loves it dearly. For a successful example of this look at Toy Story 3, the movies grew with their initial audience so maybe, just maybe Pokemon could do the same. Sadly, I can hardly imagine a way that would work.

What I would like to see on the other hand is a Pokemon MMO. I'm not sure how it would work or if it would but the idea is just too good.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.