Poll: Ever feel you are wasting your life on games?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Hell no, half of my friends play WoW and its fun to raid / pvp / level alts with friends, why would it feel like a waste?

Kinda sad when you think about all the time spent and it doesn't really get you anywhere.
    Well, WoW has got me few new irl friends, and it allows me to 'hang out' with my old friends that live in different city.
    We dont know the ultimate answer to what you should do with your life. Ever considered that having fun is might be just as important as getting loads of money or power or whatever?

Nope. I used to feel that way until I stopped letting idiots define the way they think I am supposed to live my life (like if you play any games at all you're a lifeless nerd). I play loads of games (though I recently took a break from WOW due to being bored of the content) and I have a job I enjoy, a car, college degree (and I'm actually working to continue my education even further right now), spend time with family, I'm not fat, and I have money in the bank.

I stopped taking the haters serious when I stopped and realized the last person to tell me something like that was a high school dropout (no GED) with no money, no car, and no job. Those type of people will get nowhere in life and it just makes them feel better about their own pathetic life to bring others down and insult them.

If you feel you're spending so much time on games that its affecting your life in a negative way, maybe you should take a break, rethink what you want out of life and set your priorities straight. It's never too late to do that..stop listening to the haters, chances are those people spend half their day watching trash television shows. There is absolutely nothing wrong with gaming as a hobby as long as you have self control (which applies to any hobby, like watching TV shows)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    Yah, when I remember FFXI days, had 350 days playtime on 1 of my chars, SW:G had probably 100 days, WoW more than both combined probably. Kinda sad when you think about all the time spent and it doesn't really get you anywhere.
    How much time did you spend watching TV in your life? Did that get you anywhere?