Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanisgroots View Post
    This, a thousand times this. It is problably the only way to prevent the skipping of bosses.
    As much as this would make sense to do, some bosses are very difficult if not impossible to do with certain group comps, Beauty for example would require two CC's for her pups if everyone was geared in 333 ilvl gear (although it is a bit unrealistic, understand that heroics are for the people who need the gear).

If your unlucky and dont have a group comp to do a boss, does that mean you should be penalized and prevented from finishing the dungeon? Im pretty sure thats the exact opposite of what Blizz wants
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

as the tank im usuailly the one saying "can we do the optional bosses" and being told no, the DPS just wants its VP.

so that thread is irrelivant to me.

also, $5 sais OP is OP of the Bnet thread trying to troll 2 forums with one lame post.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

also, $5 sais OP is OP of the Bnet thread trying to troll 2 forums with one lame post
    ya,its kinda hard to troll the bnet forums when your perma banned.apparently making fun of brazilians grants you a perma ban

10+ Year Old Account
    Most dps and healers whine when i try to take them towards optional bosses, so when i skip every possible boss that won't get me a ache i'll let them know why and move on.

Deleted
    So much embarrassingly bad tanking/itemisation advice in one thread. It's not hard to play ''Spot the one with no tanking experience past Heroic Deadmines" here.

For those who are in any doubt:- Elitistjerks.com

For the posters above who think ''stacking stam is for noobslol'', If it is done at the expense of all else (Lololol I have cloth head because it has stam) then obviously that is poor judgement, but to put so much reliance on your RNG avoidance... "Sorry guys, didn't dodge on that double attack, Chimaeron owned me again."

Logic, can u has moar.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-04-25 at 05:41 PM.

wait wait, kick system has been around for a long time. You can say that "oh sorry, another 30 min queue ... " what? CTA bro, 3 min waiting for next tank, who will likely do the thingy w/o any problems, if not - another one.
    Oh well, it ends up being an endless chain of bad tanks, but there is a tleast one (and I'm one of them when i'm on this particular alt, who actually got a DPS main who went through all the gearing routine) who will help you with the bosses :P

wait wait, kick system has been around for a long time
    i generally automatically leave when i enter a dungeon thats half finished

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    So much embarrassingly bad tanking/itemisation advice in one thread.
    for reals, plz nobody take anything said in this thread as how you should really gear your tank.

To quote a post like 4-5 down on the original thread:

"ITT: Bad tank who wants to make good tanks look bad. More at 11."

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 05:43 PM ----------

OP, this is a stupid thread, I could just as easily go find that hunter using tons of str gear and link it saying ALL DPS ARE BAD LOOK LOL! Look at this tanks raid progression, he's like 6/12, who cares about this mentally deficient tank?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

"ITT: Bad tank who wants to make good tanks look bad. More at 11
    funny,the guy who put that.is also a prot paladin wearing engineering googles

ironic.although,maybe he isnt that bad.he got kingslayer when it was current content and not at 85,thats usually the sign right there that your bad

@Rhaide: I HAD TO GO LOOK AT YOUR SIG. thats TOO good.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Lol, I generally look at people's gear or at least ask reason before leaving. Could've been some retard-tank who came for some boss and left after he got sought gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Blizzard should simply make it so you have to kill -every- boss in the instance to get the VP/Bags.
    It would be even worse i think , most would just drop group on entering HoO

Deleted
    I'm still working on some cataclysm reps and do around 5-6 random heroics a day. I never skip bosses unless requested by the majority of the group.

Skipping bosses even though people from your group requested killing them is just awfully rude.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 07:11 PM ----------

In my opinion, you should only get your goodie-bag/Valors IF you kill all the bosses.

You que as solo tank and say "Only here for goodies not doing optional bosses".
    TWO POSSIBILITIES

1) 2 or MORE of the other members of group agree with you. You clear all mandatory bosses and leave
    2) 3 or more of the other members of group disagree with you. If you are lucky, they will vote kick you right there. If you are unlucky, they will let you clear everything up to the last boss, THEN vote kick you. Thus wasting your time. New Tank will come in, they will explain their reason for kicking you, and new tank will be nicer.

Problem solved.

If I needed anything except VP I'd leave or kick the tank.

Problem solved, QQ abolished.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

maybe if the heroic 5 man system wasent such a stupid system in the first place you wouldn't get these kind of people who want to just skip everything for the new bag or vp.

The system is just so terrible, it just created tanks who say "my way or the highway." now with the new kick system you have to becareful who you kick because it can bite you in the ass.

a 5 man raid with 1 boss with hp of 5 heroic bosses where a few trash where some CC could be used would be 100x better than running the same stupid dungeons 950x over and over again.

- People get taught raid mechanic's
    - A skilled group is in and out in about 10-20mins, fast vp for all.
    - Can't skip anything because its 1 boss and its already a short run.
    Last edited by Lordender; 2011-04-25 at 08:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite pathetic =/

I've actually seen DKs prioitize stam to great success (reforge mastery, full stam in blue, half stam half parry/dodge in others to get bonus) and enchant for stam.

Also iirc ( I don't have a druid tank, yet) druids favor agi in gemming and stam enchants don't they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanisgroots View Post
    This, a thousand times this. It is problably the only way to prevent the skipping of bosses.
    But since Blizz made several bosses optional, why should they now enforce ppl to do them, if they don't want to?

I hate doing bosses, that I don't have to kill. When I'm finally tanking a random with a guildie or 2, I love it when we can skip multiple bosses. If we were a full guild run, all in raid gear, why would we wanna do optional bosses and why should Blizz force us?

If that was the case, I'd probably just drop group and requeue when the CD was over. If ppl need gear or JP's, they should form a premade with other ppl who wanted the same. Cause this far into Cata, a lot of ppl don't need gear or JP's anymore.

This topic has been discusses before and tbh I think that the majority should have the final say. But don't blame or force ppl to do something they don't want. Ppl call those who like to skip lazy and whatnot, but aren't you just as lazy for not forming a premade? Instead you queue up and expect others to spend more time than needed.

Anyways, if Blizz removed or nerfed the vote to kick penalty, groups who got a dps tank or just a shitty tank, could simply just vote kick. I'm sure that if a guy gets vote kicked 10 times in a row, he'd probably stop queueing as tank.