What Class to Play

To start I'll give some background info. I've been playing since BC and I have experience as a tank, a healer, and a dps. My current main is a resto shaman which I play in PVE and PVP. I'm looking to play my main and focus on one alt, but I can't decide between DK, druid, or paladin. I have all 3 of those classes at 85 already. What are some of the pros and cons for each class, as well as playstyles? Which one in your opinion is the most fun to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Let me Google that for you..

http://tinyurl.com/3zm5rdz
    You sir, are a genius.

Roll paladin unless you really like being a dps.

Druids : Are better than everyone else at everything.

Every roll.

If you only want one alt, I'd say druid because of their versatility. Want to dramatically change your main role? Not a problem. But I'd go with the one you actually enjoy playing the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play around with each of the classes you are thinking about, and play the one you enjoy the most.

In the end you really are the only one that can decide though!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Death Knight: Tanking is very rotational, emphasizes self heals and damage absorbing shields. It is easy to get a bit tunnel-visiony with the runes, though, so it takes some practice to pay attention to everything (cooldowns, game world, runes, etc). Frost probably has more burst than unholy. Both dps specs play very twitchy, since you need to keep an eye on procs as well as your rune cooldowns. Sometimes the stars align and you get some big hits in a row, other times you have to manage with lower hitting sustained damage until you can get the big hits in again.

Paladin: Pre-4.1, tanking with WoG was pretty fun. It was a unique opportunity to tank and do spot heals. No other class could really do that. 4.1 is killing that, though, and it also killed my biggest allure to the class. Besides that, holy power plays a lot like combo points. DPS is dependent on short cooldowns. Not as mobile as the other melee, but more durable. I found dps as retribution to the least interactive in the game, with quite a bit of downtime. Healing is pretty single minded, but not hard at all.

Druid: Cat dps is exciting, but there are a lot of abilities to juggle at 85. Moonkin is also a refreshing way to play a caster. Tanking is a bit irritating since you have to rely on the terrible rage mechanic. You probably will never run out rage, but when you do (such as between pulls), it can make things annoying/stressful. Healing with hots is not as powerful as it was in wotlk, but still pretty close, and the most fun I've had healing.

I used to main a DK in wotlk and have paladin/druid alts, but I stopped playing in January, so some of this may not be accurate anymore. But if all you're looking for is a pretty good idea of each class, I think the above will work. Someone who is more familiar with the recent changes to the classes may be able to correct any errors I've made.

We can't help you decide. It's a personal choice.

Also these threads are against the rules.

<Locked>

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:
    •Which race should I roll?
    •Which faction is better for me?
    •Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    •Looking for RAF partner