Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Xbox... or what?

So a little background here, i been playing games for years but since WoW i mainly only played it, i quit a couple months back as i have just finished up my first year at Uni.

Im getting my final student loan through in a couple weeks, stupidly after i finish my first year so have a lil extra to spend and am thinking the new Xbox 360 S.

I had the old white Xbox but not really played it for 2-3 years as i went away for a year and had this year at uni, wow took up most of my gaming time and now thats stopp with a empty summer ahead im considering the xbox but is it worth it this late in the consoles life to pick one up?

Should i put the money elsewhere i have a macbook pro and recently got a 24 inch 1080p monitor i use as a TV and 2nd screen, should i buy another monitor or games for bootcamp on my mac?

Save up for a new gaming computer and not bother with the xbox?

I love the xbox online and gamer tag things but me and my brother used to share one so i made a new account when i went off to uni and have no achievements or anything, im not realy into cod online either.

Is xbox 360 my best option still ? What do you guys think and also what games are worth picking up.

Cheers

If it were me I'd buy a new computer since I'm not a consol gamer. If you really want a consol I'd buy a PS3 instead.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have much time to play it isn't worth it, I mean, you can play same games on your computer, or just play something else to pass the time.
    although if you do have a lot of time at home without doing anything might be a good thing, Xbox or PS3 for online gaming and graphics, Wii for friend over and lots of fun
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

PS3 is not nearly as bad as it was when it launched, a very solid game library and most games worth having are released on both PS3 and XXBox, with PS3 having the advantage of not needing to pay for online service (once said service recovers from the recent attack and shut down anyways).

But if you're not adamant about having a console, getting a gaming PC would be the way to go if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If it were me I'd buy a new computer since I'm not a consol gamer. If you really want a consol I'd buy a PS3 instead.
    Don't do this. The PSN has been down for the last few days, whereas xbox hasn't had a moment of downtime since release.

Deleted
    I have an xbox 360, it sucks, go get a PS3.
    Last edited by mmoc3c51486c61; 2011-04-24 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Typo`d "K"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

But if you're not adamant about having a console, getting a gaming PC would be the way to go if you can afford it.
    ''If you're not adamant about having a console'', Get a Wii.

Dont buy a ps3 whatever you do.. Get a 360 if you want to spend your money well. End of thread. :-)

If you play a lot get an Xbox 360. If not, and you just play casually, get a PlayStation 3. The PlayStation's connection to the internet is free, the players are bit more casual, and you get less microphone screaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Don't do this. The PSN has been down for the last few days, whereas xbox hasn't had a moment of downtime since release.
    you obviously havent played xbox live since launch if you think thats true....i seem to remember a few times when xbox live has been down..

OT: gonna sound like a broken record but like everyone else is saying....if you dont plan to play it regularly...i wouldnt get a 360 because of the fact you gotta pay 60 bucks a year for live....if you are going to play it alot you can justify it but i wouldnt pay 60 bucks a year for something im not going to be using alot

PS3 has improved leaps and bounds from when it first launched (and aside from the current PSN issues, things are pretty solid)...if you plan to play more casually id probably get that because the online is free (though there is a 50 dollar a year thing you can buy for stuff like free games, early beta access etc)

its really a matter of personal opinion....both consoles are amazing though

Don't play WoW, one time it was down for a few days, whereas Guild Wars hasn't had a moment of downtime since release.

c wut I did ther? Silly argument is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Nice information there. Except for the fact that, PSN has been down for 3 days, 3 DAYS, and is the first real big interuption since its release in 2006.

Whereas as a previous owner of an Xbox 360, i can tell you that i gave up on using Xboxlive BECAUSE of the amount of times it was crashed or had Downtime.

so yea don't lie.

Also buy a ps3, many more exclusives/more useful console.

P.S. this is not coming from a PS3 fanboy either, i had a X360 before my Ps3, and it now sits in the corner of my room covered in dust, PS3 is just better, enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    not exactly true, but xbox is better

10+ Year Old Account
    a ps3 would last u longer cause even wen these gen consoles are done you still have a blu ray player
    and saves u money in logn run dont gota buy a blu ray asuming those will be big soon and take over dvds and no free online
    Last edited by slackjawsix; 2011-04-24 at 11:45 PM.

i would get a ps3 u do get a blue-ray player + a 3d movie player i had a x box but sold it cause most of its games are on pc except for halo gears and a few others. but with the ps 3 u get killzone3 socom4 and metalgear 4 witch is only on the ps3. o ya the xbox did have down time at one point wich lasted 11days to sony 5 so far.

Although I mainly game on PC these days, I am also a console gamer. For me PS3 is the way to go. Especially now that PSN and Steam are connected.
    Xbox360 is only worth for Forza series which is one the best (if not the best) console racing game and maybe Alan Wake. Also, Halo and Gears of War if you're into these games (I am not). While PS3 has a variety of killer exclusives which most of them are the best in their genre for consoles.
    If you have a half decent PC, PS3 is the best console IMO.

Deleted
    PS3 for blu-ray

I been Xbox live user for about 5-6 years and only remember once where it went down during Christmas day due to subscribers double or triple that day. Please don’t listen to people can’t handle a break from any console or pc downtime. Reality what type of games you want to play which console offers them.

10+ Year Old Account
    did u miss the halo 3 release?neerly 2 weeks it was offline

this isnt fanboyism (if even a word) BS i only have xbox but i would say get a PC Consoles have been outdated for a while now and they really need the next gen
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!