15+ Year Old Account

Help with Bluetooth output sound on headset

I just bought a new headset (because my old one was doing this exact same thing and it was over 2 years old, so I figured it was just time for a new one).
    I have a broadcomm USB bluetooth dongle, and the new headset I bought is a motorola HK201.

The problem I've been having and it just started happening this morning, is that the mic input is being captured, and is working fine, but I cannot hear anything out of the ear piece. I've tried re-installing the widcomm drivers for the broadcomm dongle, and installing updated realtek HD audio drivers, and I'm still having the same problem.

Sound is not my forte when it comes to diagnosing problems, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit, and the problem just started today, and I have no idea how to go about fixing it.

EDIT: I have also been google searching and haven't found anything that has helped take the problem towards the right direction either.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 10:18 PM ----------

I just tried updating the microsoft bluetooth enumerator, and still the same problem, nothing changed.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

If you hear the sound you're looking for out of your speakers, then that is the device being used for output. If a program doesn't let you choose the output device for itself, it will use the default, which will be your sound card.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    that's the weird thing, I change the default to the headset, I make it the default for the skype and all that, and nothing comes out of it. I'll then change it back to the sound card, and it'll work fine on there, I can make calls (albeit, very public calls) using skype with the sound card, but if I switch it over to the headset nothing comes out.

The line monitors on the windows sound playback window shows that there is activity, the bars are moving up and down, just nothing is coming out.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

The last time I used bluetooth headsets on 7 x64, the sound was almost non existant. I had to turn BOTH to maximum to really use it and it was still too quit. This happened with 4 different dongles and 5 different headsets. I now use a Plantronics CS50-USB
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    what I dont get is that this was working last night. I was talking on skype and hearing it through the headset, now it doesnt. No updates were installed, and the computer hadn't even been turned off till I noticed the problem. (which I routinely restarted and updated drivers to troubleshoot right after). It's not just the one headset, but the new one as well... Maybe it's the dongle?

Most dongles are crap, not a lot of good stuff to choose from, nor is it easy to find them. Which is why I gave up using bluetooth except for using a PS3 controller on this PC.

15+ Year Old Account
    the dongle is also about 2 and a half years old :/ so maybe that's the real problem. It has worked fairly well up until now, instant failure I guess lol. Oh well, I guess I'll look into finding another one somewhere.