On patch day delays....

Why does Blizzard even try to state the servers will be coming back up at their regularly scheduled maintenance times? I honestly can not remember there ever being a patch day that the servers were up at the usual time. ever. please can anyone direct me to it ever having ever happened ever.

Why can't they be honest and up front, just tell us that "hey, we're down for a patch so its going to take us some extra time, we'll update you when we have a realistic time frame for servers coming back up."

Because it's more important for them to lie about a patch coming then to respect their customers, announce their plans and say that they will be working to release the patch but that it will take extra time. How hard is that.

EU servers always come up early on patch days. The US servers solve all the problems.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Servers have come back on time, and sometimes even early, multiple times throughout the years. I'm not sure if this sort of thing is documented, but I have experienced it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Because it's more important for them to lie about a patch coming then to respect their customers, announce their plans and say that they will be working to release the patch but that it will take extra time. How hard is that.
    You caught them. They are definitely doing this on purpose!

Believe it or not, they don't just push one button and the patch is installed and they can bring the servers back up so people can play. They don't know when they will finish and everything can be brought back up.

Because, if you ever have worked in your life, things in companies always have a schedule, this is a goal, but there is nothing immune to issues, so the delay can happen...
    They planned the servers to come back at that time, but they have a delay...if this delay is big enough you will have a refund in game time, to compensate the time that you had to wait.

they stopped doing the time refund thing a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nira View Post
    they stopped doing the time refund thing a long time ago.
    True, "surprisingly" right after the merger with Activision..