Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    No, that post is from 2002, and it's irrelevant here. I just spoke with a vBulletin expert who confirmed that it starts getting really bad after 100k posts. There's legacy code with a bad query and a bunch of math to determine pagination.

The problem is that the system needs to compute exactly where the page lies given this many replies and this many deleted posts. It's worse for mods, who see all the deleted posts. It takes 10-15 seconds to load a page at this point, compared to near-instant load in other threads.

They actually recommend starting a new thread after 1k posts, and definitely after 10k. We've gone on well past that.

So yeah, I'm not joking or trying to mess with you; just trying to keep the thread / forum running smoothly. Even if you guys don't care that it takes forever to load, it probably drives away new ponies. Plus, it puts load on our servers while it's trying to do all these computations.

Anyway, see you all in the new thread; feel free to ask more questions there.
    Ponies...

Bronies, we're crime riders!
    Surf with me!

Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    hey anakonda how was my sig challenge to you going, i fell asleep after 23 hours of being up
    Took a small break, whole internet only has two images of Elusive, and both are pretty much same. So after making four or five different "test runs", i decided to call it a night and sleep on it.
    Im finishing my drawing atm, ill return to your sig later

(you really couldnt have picked a bit more popular pony, could you? :S )
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    but we haven't broke 12k pages yet
    Oh hai!
    Haven't seen ya in a LOOOONG time!

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Conspiracies, conspiracies everywhere!
    I thought you completed that game long ago :P
    Nah. Don't play it much. Just in short bursts from time to time.

Finally finished though. Ending... heavy. *Nods*

No, that post is from 2002, and it's irrelevant here. I just spoke with a vBulletin expert who confirmed that it starts getting really bad after 100k posts. There's legacy code with a bad query and a bunch of math to determine pagination.

The problem is that the system needs to compute exactly where the page lies given this many replies and this many deleted posts. It's worse for mods, who see all the deleted posts. It takes 10-15 seconds to load a page at this point, compared to near-instant load in other threads.

They actually recommend starting a new thread after 1k posts, and definitely after 10k. We've gone on well past that.

So yeah, I'm not joking or trying to mess with you; just trying to keep the thread / forum running smoothly. Even if you guys don't care that it takes forever to load, it probably drives away new ponies. Plus, it puts load on our servers while it's trying to do all these computations.

So... when are we looking at remaking the thread?

Fair game.

So when will you be locking this thread and making a new one?
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    inb4 Trixie locks the thread just because she can

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorin View Post
    Kaorin's movie stream is go. Now airing The Breakfast Club.
    Awww I have class and haven't seen that yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Oh god yes, such a long time since I've seen that movie!
    *joins the stream*
    Your new sig is amazing just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by GTG13ification View Post
    Yay! Im getting better!

And i dunno, lulz.
    GTG! How've ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    CHIEF
    how you doing
    CAUMEN
    hello
    Everyone esle