Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Portal 2 > all violent shooters from the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Im just confused. IW? IW was dispanded from what i know... and most of the former employes are gone for various reasons all circling around Activision being a jerk. lol So i doubt its really IW, rather then some other folks which makes it very possible this new CoD will suck aswell.
    You are indeed well informed. Most of IW have left after the horrible feedback from MW2. I believe it was activision not IW that made the call on IWnet which really pissed off the PC gaming community. The CoD series has been on the downward spiral ever since CoD4.

Its still going strong in the toy box communities but anybody who wants to play fps games seriously should really play them with mouse and keyboard. Playing with a gamepad is rubbish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao at calling Battlefield a CoD clone. Battlefield 1942 was around, and kicking ass, long before Activision's piece of shit was here.

Of course, I can understand if you play FPS on consoles, if you do, you're hopeless. PC for FPS games or bust.

Portal 2 > all violent shooters from the last decade
    Sure, if you're up for about 10 hours total. You know the issue with portal? It was ZERO replay.

Either way, if you're dead set on playing console FPS, there's going to be a watered down experience.

Battlefield 2 for PC is still played by thousands of people, and it's been out for years.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2011-04-29 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Lmao at calling Battlefield a CoD clone. Battlefield 1942 was around, and kicking ass, long before Activision's piece of shit was here.

Of course, I can understand if you play FPS on consoles, if you do, you're hopeless. PC for FPS games or bust.

Sure, if you're up for about 10 hours total. You know the issue with portal? It was ZERO replay.

Either way, if you're dead set on playing console FPS, there's going to be a watered down experience.

Battlefield 2 for PC is still played by thousands of people, and it's been out for years.
    Ah, I gotcha. Replay doesn't interest me. That's what I missed.

Portal 2 has plenty of replay once a map maker is complete

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Which is a CoD Clone...
    You just lost all credibility. Just going to skip through your posts without reading them from now on.

What made Call od Duty amazing was its intensity. Play Call od Duty 2. Although the graphics aren't nearly as amazing, the general feel of the game was super intense. There wasn't anything like it. Honestly, they need to go back to WW2 and create another outstanding game where it feels like you're a part of a bigger war.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What made Call od Duty amazing was its intensity. Play Call od Duty 2. Although the graphics aren't nearly as amazing, the general feel of the game was super intense. There wasn't anything like it. Honestly, they need to go back to WW2 and create another outstanding game where it feels like you're a part of a bigger war.
    meh, (another) one of my problems with Black Ops is the time it's set in.. I hate the old guns.. That's one reason I'm looking forward to MW3..As much as someone who hates CoD can look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    meh, (another) one of my problems with Black Ops is the time it's set in.. I hate the old guns.. That's one reason I'm looking forward to MW3..As much as someone who hates CoD can look forward to it.
    I side with you on the rage over hit detection, makes me so frustrated to unload a full clip into a guy and on his screen I was shooting 3 feet to the left

Mohaa stays the best. Screw all the rest. Fossils ftw!

LOL how is a clone released before the original? Somebody's mad and can't seem to look up facts before they go off.

Deleted
    I for one am looking forward to BF3. When I play fps I do so with my friends, going about alone I can do with FEAR's multiplayer or something equally mindless yet funny. Battlefield always offers more teamwork possibilities than CoD ever has, CoD feels more like "lone wolf", which is something I don't fully enjoy. That's my tastes though, as I said I can appreciate FEAR for example which has a similar set-up if older and more primitive.

Deleted
    Brink, anyone ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    The new battlefield does seem like its style is changing more towards CoD. I'm fine with a MW3 because I enjoyed the first 2, but if it's black ops with modern weapons I say no thanks.
    There is no difference you complete tool, the only different between BLOPS and MW2 is they toned down all the easy killstreaks and actually fixed half the glitches.

Stop being retarded.

And on a note, BF3 looks nothing like CoD, unless you are as poor sighted as this guy.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    You mean like the SPAS 12, M16, Enfield or the AK-47?

Funny, MW2 and MW1 has most of it's guns from the 60ies too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    There is no difference you complete tool, the only different between BLOPS and MW2 is they toned down all the easy killstreaks and actually fixed half the glitches.

Stop being retarded.

And on a note, BF3 looks nothing like CoD, unless you are as poor sighted as this guy.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 12:30 AM ----------

You mean like the SPAS 12, M16, Enfield or the AK-47?

Funny, MW2 and MW1 has most of it's guns from the 60ies too.
    Fanboyyyyy, Treyarch is the worst thing to happen to the CoD series

Unfortunately the major demographic for the CoD series are male pubescent teens, they want action, action and more action without strategy and team work. Asking them for a "better" CoD will not happen as long as the aforementioned demographic keeps buying their games and overpriced Map Packs.

If you want a fun FPS that isn't a twitch shooter and relies on team work and strategy, BF3 is your solution.