Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Felhunter with Demo

Anyone try this yet? Becuz ive been using it and hes critting for around 50k, kinda crazy. And that is unbuffed. Didnt kno if succubus was still better or not.

Felhunter is the pet of choice for demo now.

Not being able to use your spec-defining pet is so cool! GG Blizz!

cant they just fix legion strike ... its cleave but bet they can make it do like x3 or x4 the damage on single target

my only thought is with Demon Soul and Felhunter, the periodic damage increase is no where near as valuable as more shadow bolt damage with succy.

anyone able to confirm this or is felhunter with periodic damage proc still greater then glyphed succy?

Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    Felhunter is the pet of choice for demo now.

Not being able to use your spec-defining pet is so cool! GG Blizz!
    Yeah, because if there's one thing WoW needs less of, it's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    My guess is that they're scared that it will give demo unbalanced burst in pvp.
    And how is that any different with Felhunter and Affliction now? I'm talking about the pet skill alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathian View Post
    Yeah, because if there's one thing WoW needs less of, it's choice.
    Well, if choice were a valuable stat, we would see locks picking pets as they see fit. Unfortunately its not, as clearly demonstrated that the felhunter, which is not the demo warlocks cool feature from selecting to be one, is the winner.

There still is only one option, and its not what we should be using.

15+ Year Old Account
    And so Blizzard's lack of ability to balance Demo continues.

Coming in 4.2: The highest DPS pet for Demo is the...Eye of Kilrogg

w/e They buffed aff and brought back my puppy so idc at this point
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Puppy is better, leaves you room to use incinerate glyph too.
    No Signature. Seriously. None.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    My guess is that they're scared that it will give demo unbalanced burst in pvp.
    PvP is why we can't have nice things. ):

Oh well, I am happy I'll be using the felpuppy and affliction since they my favourite spec and pet.

Deleted
    ummmh.... my succ still does 15-25% more damage than the puppy in demo+affli, and shadow bite is nowhere near 50k. what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-04-27 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Something that has held true since the earliest days of this game and has only grown exponentially more sad. That being said, I'm happy I will no longer have to mute my succubuss because of her incessant grunting and moaning
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

15+ Year Old Account
    Felhunter is sick as Demo.

The mastery and demo stats outweigh the lost 30% from having an extra dot as Affliction. I still think all round Affliction is the spec to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post

Oh well, I am happy I'll be using the felpuppy and affliction since they my favourite spec and pet.
    Succy is actually mine, but meh I'll still use what works out best if it's significantly so. It's not just PvP though, it's what happens when they try to balance a class who's abilities cross all three trees by "fixing" them in isolation from each other.

steady 5-5.1k dps from felhunter on raider dummy, self buffed.
    i dont have a whole lot of mastery (11.76= 23% damage increase) and shadow bite is critting for around 50k.
    not to mention 4x mana from mana feed which is amazing aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    steady 5-5.1k dps from felhunter on raider dummy, self buffed.
    i dont have a whole lot of mastery (11.76= 23% damage increase) and shadow bite is critting for around 50k.
    not to mention 4x mana from mana feed which is amazing aswell.
    again, what am I doing wrong? on a quick test in demo the felhunter was not critting anywhere near 50k (Ilvl 358, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    again, what am I doing wrong? on a quick test in demo the felhunter was not critting anywhere near 50k (Ilvl 358, btw)
    Ok, i only used BoD, Cor and Immo for the test so with shadowflame it would of been higher, what probably happend for the crit is that all procs aligned (Lightweave,power torrent, Volcanic dest, Dire magic from Bell ) which gave the bite a hefty bonus, you're probably doing nothing wrong 50k+ was the highest with those up ( and it doesnt happen often ) average bite is around 35-38k

might aswell that im an orc, so 5% extra pet dmg.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2011-04-27 at 01:33 PM.

tearor make sure your felhunter's shadowbite ability is being used on cd. that ability is what can crit for high numbers. The spell has a base damage and is increased 30 percent by DoT effects currently on target.

Deleted
    Wich DoTs affect Shadow Bite? Is it vialable for a Demo Lock to use Drain Life instead of Shadowbolt, during a phase in wich countless things proc or are activated (Meta, trinkets, Demon Soul)?

Wich DoTs do actually count for Shadow Bite?
    - BoD
    - Corruption
    - Immolate
    - Shadowflame DoT
    - Drain Life (I'm fairly sure about this one, but I might be wrong)

Questionable:
    - Hellfire
    - Immo Aura

Both Hellfire and Immo Aura are considered a DoT (at least, Hellfire is). But do these affect Shadow Bite?
    And what about the Immo Aura the Infernal emmits? Since your pet spells are in general counting as your own spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is not viable for Demo to use DL, we do not have the Soul Siphon or Shadow Embrace talents, or Potent Afflictions Mastery that improve it's effect sufficiently to be comparable to Shadow Bolt in terms of DPET.