Both US presidential candidates maybe criminals

Isn't that just a sad state of affairs? Hilary for the e-mail scandal and Trump for the university. Of course both need to be found guilty, but is mind boggling that a democratic process may end up electing a criminal.

Also do US presidents have immunity from prosecution when sitting as President?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Nope. They can be brought up on charges and impeached.

And I agree, this presidential election is a complete mockery of our government.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You must still abide the law, but unless it's murder-prison-worthy or treason I doubt anything will happen at all except them being able to just throw some money at it.

Name a federal level politician who isn't actually a criminal by some standard of the definition. You probably wont' find one

Its easy to evade justice when you are at a status that ascends you above it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a "US elections" megathread, badly!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoon View Post
    You must still abide the law, but unless it's murder-prison-worthy or treason I doubt anything will happen at all except them being able to just throw some money at it.
    This will happen but I'd say Trump's bribery and Clinton's email stuff is pretty serious.

Meh, they both have jobs that get investigated a lot. They've both been investigated for years now and haven't been indicted, probably never will.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I doubt you could be put in jail for having a email server....it may not be part of the regulations but if you are jailed for something like that your justice system is wrong

Fraud is illegal

These 2 acts aren't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Mega threads suck, and suppress discussion.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Meanwhile all the plebs keep reminding eachother: "We must obey the law at all times! It is the right thing to do!"
    Police have this pesky habit of finding out what you did wrong and putting you in jail if you don't have money/status. Most people have to follow the law because they can't get away with breaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Meanwhile all the plebs keep reminding eachother: "We must obey the law at all times! It is the right thing to do!"
    Yeah, we should just start killing each other and doing what we want, Fuck society,rules and order...that will work.

What needs to happen...
    Follow the rules and demand that justice finds those who do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They'd be too goddamn big and nobody would be able to have focused discussions on specific issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Isn't that just a sad state of affairs? Hilary for the e-mail scandal and Trump for the university. Of course both need to be found guilty, but is mind boggling that a democratic process may end up electing a criminal.

Good luck finding anyone in higher governmental positions who isn't guilty of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    This will happen but I'd say Trump's bribery and Clinton's email stuff is pretty serious.
    the allegations of bribery are honestly the only thing i see hurting Trump, Trump U has a lot of pleased customers by the sound of it, sure it had pressure based sales(but what sales team doesn't?), Hillary has "evolved" her positions so many times (coincidentally tot he same position as the majority of the voters) shes going to be seen as a flip-flopper and her scandals and poor judgement are pretty damming. She has had the job that most people associate with the presidency (sec of state) and she has failed utterly at it( several failed wars and interventions).She caught Trump off guard yesterday, I think he assumed he would have to be the first to attack after she's seen what happened to lil'Marco and Cruz.