SET SoundListenerAtCharacter "0"

Does/did anyone use this? For those who don't know what it does, it "anchors" your sound at your camera position, zoomed out it's more quite, zoomed in it's louder.
    However, after 4.1 it seems it's not working properly anymore, combat sounds like parry and block still are full sound, like the option was deactivated, buffgain sounds are fine.

Anyone else experienced this/got a solution?

Still not working..
    What I want is to hear character/boss speech and combat sounds both at a reasonable volume.
    Currently, if I want to hear boss speech I'd need to turn the volume up, but then all combat sounds are obnoxiously loud and I won't understand anything else. (TS/boss emotes)
    Are there any options I could try to change this? Currently my master volume is set to 50% and the sounds bar just one or two ticks from the left.

You should post at the bug report forum (blizzard's forums). They do read it !

Deleted
    Go to official WoW forums...we can't fix it, they can.

Are you sure you didn't make a typo?
    It's Sound_ListenerAtCharacter instead of SoundListenerAtCharacter ...

Can I do the same to disable spell effect sounds?

Doing Photoshop requests.

Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    You should post at the bug report forum (blizzard's forums). They do read it !
    Made one when 4.1 launched and also made a ticket, GM didn't really know about the command but said he'll have it looked into.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1104680590 is another one that was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Are you sure you didn't make a typo?
    It's Sound_ListenerAtCharacter instead of SoundListenerAtCharacter ...
    Eh, I've been using my config file since SSC during BC times and it worked until 4.1. Using the underscore sort of fixes it, but several sounds will still be way too loud; styles seem fine but white hits and dodge/block/parry isn't, pretty weird. ~~

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Go to official WoW forums...we can't fix it, they can.
    I was kinda hoping there were some other solutions, like an addon or different config options, I don't think everyone here plays with muted sounds.