Thread: Races

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Alliance can choose from:
    -furbolgs
    -children of Cenarius (dryads, keepers of the groove)
    -wreched draenei(like Nombuto I think, the first draenei shaman)
    -treants (don't expect them to look like current treants though)

Horde can choose from:
    -ogres
    -pandaren
    -naga
    -nerubians(altered to be a bit more humaoid in the upper part)

I don't see other possibilities in current races. Also some drakonids could join too, but I rather not go on that path for a number of reasons.

Let us not forget that Blizzard can pull something out of their @$$ that takes us by surprise (Draenei, anyone?).
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Alliance can choose from:
    -furbolgs
    -children of Cenarius (dryads, keepers of the groove)
    -wreched draenei(like Nombuto I think, the first draenei shaman)
    -treants (don't expect them to look like current treants though)

Horde can choose from:
    -ogres
    -pandaren
    -naga
    -nerubians(altered to be a bit more humaoid in the upper part)

I don't see other possibilities in current races. Also some drakonids could join too, but I rather not go on that path for a number of reasons.
    Out of your list I marked in red ones they wont use. Either they are too large or they are not Humanoid enough.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Let us not forget that Blizzard can pull something out of their @$$ that takes us by surprise (Draenei, anyone?).
    Draenei, they built that up from the beginning, to include an April fools Joke teaser. Hinting at wisps as a player race. And showing the epic scene from WC3.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Out of your list I marked in red ones they wont use. Either they are too large or they are not Humanoid enough.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 09:45 AM ----------

Draenei, they built that up from the beginning, to include an April fools Joke teaser. Hinting at wisps as a player race. And showing the epic scene from WC3.

basically the said New Alliance Race.
    this picture.

Wisps.

Everyone knew Belfs where coming, but the Ally race was a puzzle.

Deleted
    They might not use them, but they can, and some of those you marked are both small enough and humanoid enough.

Children of Cenarius - a strange race, they can wear pants as sort of on the back of the deer part armor, like horses wear armor. About boots, they can have knee defenders for all 4 knees. Mounts, for ground mounts they can invoke the aspect of the "insert mount name here" and have them travel at the speed of the mount with the said mount running besides them, and for flying mounts they can just transform into wood-like-creatures, as in humanoid creatures made of wood, this regarding their cursed state like keepers of the groove have their arm made out of tree bark.

Wreched draenei - really? not humanoid enough? they're not large nor are they un-humanoid... yes, they're not exactly fashion models, but neither are most Horde races, and that didn't stop them from beeing playable.

Treants - I was thinking of something like a humanoid figure made out of tree bark, not the treants you summon around or turn into, sort of a woodland spirit, they could be their own race or they can be the final stage of morphing of the children of Cenarius. In the end we do know keepers and dryads are partially plants (moss beards, leaf hair, bark hands etc) but what if they can actually turn fully into plants if they stand still? What if in fact all the trees in Ashenvale are children of Cenarius who caught root? Who knows? Lore can be made on the spot especially since many things about treants and children of Cenarius are not fully clear.

Ogres - goblins in Dustwallow always say that that ogre in their hut is too big... what if they once get bored with it and invent an ogre-shrinker? What if the ogres of Ogri'la start shrinking not needing their power so much now that they have superior intellect to counter enemies? What if the half-ogres like Rexxar fully join the Horde and they look more like ogres, in the end he has that wolf helm, what if there's a hideous ogre face under? There's always something.

Pandaren - don't give me the China thing again. They're humanoids, they're not too large, the China thing was an invention. If not, please bring proof that it was real, and I don't mean blogs of random people or chinese statements they love panda bears, I mean a real statement from someone from blizzard or from the chinese gouvernment or another important institution that they don't tolerate pandaren being killed.

Naga - not too big, humanoid enough. So they have a tail, big deal, I saw a fully geared naga warrior in one of the battlemaiden visions in Vash'ir. He was dressed in the green Wrath warrior PvP set, forgat its name, wrathful? So yes, gear is not a problem, they can wear boots as tail rings and pants as over the scales. Like when you enter a sleeping bag. And mounts, they can just throw their tail on one side of the mount and them leaning on the other side. I don't see it being comfy, but they can ride.

Nerubians - there are some small nerubians, so size is not a problem. Now about the humanoid part, those upper caste of theirs, the priests, they look quite humanoid except for the fact they have 4 legs. They can have 4 boots and they're good.

I'm sorry to say, but Blizzard proved us, if they want they will twist lore, in the cases I illustrated they wouldn't even be contradicting existing lore, just adding to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance: Horde:
    Furbolg Ogre
    Vrykul Harpy
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon races
    I think we are gonna see some sort of bipedal dragon as a race.

Likely candidates will be Blue/Black/Bronze

I'm leaning towards Bronze as the most likely candidate since their involvement has been rather minor for some time now. Their starting zone could be a different era of time where they are fighting the infinite.

Red is far too populous
    Green is too close to the Night Elves, we've had 2 expansion races that are tied to the Night Elves already
    Nether is far too disconnected to work with
    Chromatic have all but died out with Nefarian's death
    Infinite will always oppose us
    Twilight will be all but wiped out after Cataclysm

Or they will throw us all off and just add new skins/starting areas.. like Taunka instead of tauren.. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I'm sorry to say, but Blizzard proved us, if they want they will twist lore, in the cases I illustrated they wouldn't even be contradicting existing lore, just adding to it.
    the only true statements that can be verified.

Children of Cenarius - technology difference of a 4 footed player race would be huge. If they did this than they would do the same for the Horde.

Wreched draenei - Draenei are in the game.

Treants -Trees, are covered with the Druid Class, and frankly not Humanoid.

Ogres -are larger than Taruen, they would have to rework too many things to make them PC.

Pandaren - http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...45010720091102 Because Blizzard does not dare Tempt fake.

Naga - Legs, ALL PCs will have legs and 2 shall be the number of legs.

Nerubians - Once again Legs issue.

I wish I could Explain in Layman terms why this is important, basically All Armor is a skin that shades the outer layer of a model with added 3d Bits, to add a PC which does not have shoes on its feet, this means they had to add 4 models for each Item in game add in the extra matrix of four feet now you have to add in 6 models of every Pant, shoe in the game files, also with 4 footed creature now they have to add in new belts as well. after you add them then you have to bug test them. you realize the issues they had with the Wargen right? they almost were not ready for release.

this is why if they do add a 4 footed race it would have to be one for both factions and they would already be in Alpha test now. and if it was in alpha rumors would be out already. I know since I have a roommate who does Alpha testing for Blizz. Granted I only get the yah maybe, umm No as answers.

What you can bank on are two arms, two legs, not bigger than Taruen.

We can wish for a lot of things, but the technology limits what they can do.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 12:00 AM ----------

On a related note, the test for new PC races will be the appearance of NPCs wearing PC Items. i.e Goblins they re-skinned Goblins to give them access to helms, Since they where planned in Alpha so long ago to be a PC race they had skinned them with Armor, Legs, boots. but they never skinned them to were helms. Until fairly recently. So if you notice an NPC race wearing full PC gear, this would be a strong clue as to possible Future PC race.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 12:31 AM ----------

Here is the full current list of possible Future PC races, I omitted any race which is related to a current PC race such as all the types of Trolls and Draenei. I will put the group into two sections Possible & highly unlikely, with the unlikely ones I will put in the primary reason why not.

Possible

Kobold, Half-ogre, Tuskarr, Furbolg, Gorloc, Murloc, Sporeling, Wolvar, Wendigo, Wildkin, Ethereal, Quilboar, Gnoll,

Unlikely

Cenarius's children- 4 footed
    Frost dryad- 4 footed
    Frost nymph- 4 footed
    Magnataur- 4 footed, Giant
    Makrura- 4 footed
    Vrykul- Giant
    Centaur- 4 footed
    Naga- No Legs
    Ogre- Giant
    Half-elf- too close to High Elves(blood elves)
    Trogg- Shown to be too unintelligent
    Arakkoa- Gear would have to be 100% reworked.
    Faceless one- Servants of the Old Gods, and Gear would be impossible
    Harpy- only female, flying
    Pandaren- China (if they didn't worry about China, the faction who got it would be happy and the other faction would quit the game)
    Rock flayer- non intelligent
    Drakonid- All issues could be worked out without a retcon, but only if they gave two dragon races out one to each faction.
    Bogstrok- 4 footed
    Grell-Actually Imps

now as a side note, and highly unlikely we could look at demon races, but I think they wont go this rout.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2011-04-29 at 07:40 AM.

I wouldn't mind this.

Deleted
    1. Not really. Like I said, they would just need to make mounts ride besides them for ground and for flying they could have a special form.
    Besides that only pants and boots are problematic, but boots could act like tauren and draenei boots but on 4 legs and pants could be a deer-back defender.
    Yes, it would require lots of work though, I agree with that, but once implemented new non-bipedal races could be introduced, and not only in WoW but in future games too.

2.Wreched draenei. Yes, draenei are in-game already, but they look nothing like the wreched draenei. Plus this way Blizzard wouldn't have to worry about adding them a true faction leader or think out that much lore. They could add new questlines with both draenei and wreched draenei and thus shoot 2 birds with one stone. They would add more content for draenei, like people asked for ages, and also add a second race. It would be the easy way to add a race to the Alliance actually without thinking at many things.

3. I was thinking of more something like this:
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs6/i/200...innerabove.jpg

4.Ogres could shrink, as I said, there are many reasons why they could, besides the ones I've said I could also add magic.

5.Ok, thanks for the link, I will read it later.

6. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41049#screenshots:id=198519
    "hello there, I'm a naga wearing pants, more like a skirt, but still"

7. Ok, I do admit it's hard finding a way for them, since all types of nerubians have more legs and the mount issue can't be resolved as easy as for children of Cenarius since they can't "be in tune with their animal spirit".

About your suggested races:
    Tuskarrs can only live in cold environments.
    Quillboars are hated by both Alliance and Horde, Alliance tried to make a pact with them in Barrens, didn't work out.
    Kobolds are too stupid.
    Wendigo are too big, yes, they could shrink them down though, I agree.
    And aren't wildkin actually wild moonkin? By your previous statement for treants, they're covered by the druid forms, so no can do.

With rest no comment.

the only true statements that can be verified.

Children of Cenarius - technology difference of a 4 footed player race would be huge. If they did this than they would do the same for the Horde.

Wreched draenei - Draenei are in the game.

Treants -Trees, are covered with the Druid Class, and frankly not Humanoid.

Ogres -are larger than Taruen, they would have to rework too many things to make them PC.

Pandaren - http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...45010720091102 Because Blizzard does not dare Tempt fake.

Naga - Legs, ALL PCs will have legs and 2 shall be the number of legs.

Nerubians - Once again Legs issue.

I wish I could Explain in Layman terms why this is important, basically All Armor is a skin that shades the outer layer of a model with added 3d Bits, to add a PC which does not have shoes on its feet, this means they had to add 4 models for each Item in game add in the extra matrix of four feet now you have to add in 6 models of every Pant, shoe in the game files, also with 4 footed creature now they have to add in new belts as well. after you add them then you have to bug test them. you realize the issues they had with the Wargen right? they almost were not ready for release.

this is why if they do add a 4 footed race it would have to be one for both factions and they would already be in Alpha test now. and if it was in alpha rumors would be out already. I know since I have a roommate who does Alpha testing for Blizz. Granted I only get the yah maybe, umm No as answers.

What you can bank on are two arms, two legs, not bigger than Taruen.

We can wish for a lot of things, but the technology limits what they can do.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 12:00 AM ----------

On a related note, the test for new PC races will be the appearance of NPCs wearing PC Items. i.e Goblins they re-skinned Goblins to give them access to helms, Since they where planned in Alpha so long ago to be a PC race they had skinned them with Armor, Legs, boots. but they never skinned them to were helms. Until fairly recently. So if you notice an NPC race wearing full PC gear, this would be a strong clue as to possible Future PC race.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 12:31 AM ----------

Here is the full current list of possible Future PC races, I omitted any race which is related to a current PC race such as all the types of Trolls and Draenei. I will put the group into two sections Possible & highly unlikely, with the unlikely ones I will put in the primary reason why not.

Possible

Kobold, Half-ogre, Tuskarr, Furbolg, Gorloc, Murloc, Sporeling, Wolvar, Wendigo, Wildkin, Ethereal, Quilboar, Gnoll,

Unlikely

Cenarius's children- 4 footed
    Frost dryad- 4 footed
    Frost nymph- 4 footed
    Magnataur- 4 footed, Giant
    Makrura- 4 footed
    Vrykul- Giant
    Centaur- 4 footed
    Naga- No Legs
    Ogre- Giant
    Half-elf- too close to High Elves(blood elves)
    Trogg- Shown to be too unintelligent
    Arakkoa- Gear would have to be 100% reworked.
    Faceless one- Servants of the Old Gods, and Gear would be impossible
    Harpy- only female, flying
    Pandaren- China (if they didn't worry about China, the faction who got it would be happy and the other faction would quit the game)
    Rock flayer- non intelligent
    Drakonid- All issues could be worked out without a retcon, but only if they gave two dragon races out one to each faction.
    Bogstrok- 4 footed
    Grell-Actually Imps

now as a side note, and highly unlikely we could look at demon races, but I think they wont go this rout.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not really. Like I said, they would just need to make mounts ride besides them for ground and for flying they could have a special form.
    Besides that only pants and boots are problematic, but boots could act like tauren and draenei boots but on 4 legs and pants could be a deer-back defender.
    Yes, it would require lots of work though, I agree with that, but once implemented new non-bipedal races could be introduced, and not only in WoW but in future games too.

2.Wreched draenei. Yes, draenei are in-game already, but they look nothing like the wreched draenei. Plus this way Blizzard wouldn't have to worry about adding them a true faction leader or think out that much lore. They could add new questlines with both draenei and wreched draenei and thus shoot 2 birds with one stone. They would add more content for draenei, like people asked for ages, and also add a second race. It would be the easy way to add a race to the Alliance actually without thinking at many things.

3. I was thinking of more something like this:
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs6/i/200...innerabove.jpg

4.Ogres could shrink, as I said, there are many reasons why they could, besides the ones I've said I could also add magic.

5.Ok, thanks for the link, I will read it later.

6. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41049#screenshots:id=198519
    "hello there, I'm a naga wearing pants, more like a skirt, but still"

7. Ok, I do admit it's hard finding a way for them, since all types of nerubians have more legs and the mount issue can't be resolved as easy as for children of Cenarius since they can't "be in tune with their animal spirit".

About your suggested races:
    Tuskarrs can only live in cold environments.
    Quillboars are hated by both Alliance and Horde, Alliance tried to make a pact with them in Barrens, didn't work out.
    Kobolds are too stupid.
    Wendigo are too big, yes, they could shrink them down though, I agree.
    And aren't wildkin actually wild moonkin? By your previous statement for treants, they're covered by the druid forms, so no can do.

With rest no comment.
    1. the first thing I need to point out is the amount of work that would be needed, currently there are 2701 Leg slot items, which means 5402 versions between male and female, not counting Beast leg versions, add Beast legs, that is 10804 Leg Slot Items in game, now add 4 leg PC, that would be another 5402 legs that would have to be made. each one is made separately, and tested individually. now understand with 4 footed PCs, that's Leg slot, waist slot, feet slot, all of which would need to be redone. this alone would take 3-4 years with a typical team size.

2. They have on Multiple occasions said they will not add duplicate races. No High Elves PCs since Blood Elves are in the Game, No other kinds of Trolls, No other Kinds of Draenei, no other kinds of Taruen. There is no room for speculation while Mike Morhaime and Chris Metzen are in charge.

3. so you think they will break the current design policy to add a PC from a Non Blizzard source?

4. true current Ogres are Giants, not possible. 1/2 Ogres are possible and covered in official lore. The big problem is here is the number two most epic race, and it's going to be Horde. what would they give the Alliance? Dragons, pandaren? that would be the only way to balance out the races. Also they have only 3 more expansions planned for wow. So there will be 2 more races added and that's it. there will be two more Hero Classes as well. Demon Hunter will be in the Next expansion.

5. remember the numbers I gave for four footed? now make them work in a new way, literally to do this they would need to work 5-6 years on this. Naga move differently gear would have to move with them, and this requires even more technology to be changed.

6. The "Example" you gave has nothing to do with player gear, it has to do with a Mob Skin, which is a different set of resources.

7. I'm not even talking Mounts, I am only talking Itemizations for in game resources. and all this issues with Naga and Four Footed are just as complicated with nerubians.

8. Yes Wildkin are covered with the druid class, my point with treats was they are not Humanoid, and they do not wear gear. Wildkin are doubtful but at least are Humanoid and do wear some gear. The rest of your reasoning about Beastmen are true, but they are still more likely than a 4 footed or no footed serpent race.

9. remember WOW is a program that has multiple files and three dimensional environments, to change things in this system they have to work out a lot of things. in the end, Blizzard could try and change everything again and add a PC that requires the equivalent work of making flying in Azeroth Viable. However what is unknown to most is they have been working on the Flying Issue since before BC and they had to remodel the planet to make it work.

hmm i dont know too much on the lore behind them but what about valkyrie?
    UH DK- Karrod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrod View Post
    hmm i dont know too much on the lore behind them but what about valkyrie?
    I hate a WOWWIKI quote but this is the Basics:
    Val'kyr are a type of undead vrykul, and seem to be a recent addition to the armies of the Scourge. They act as the Lich King's agents in the spirit world, being described by Thoralius the Wise as being "fearsome creatures made of pure nightmare" that "now stand watch over the realm of the elements".[2]

Val'kyr are created from the female vrykul dwellers of Valkyrion who accept the Lich King's "gift".[3] Valkyrion Aspirants can be found at Valkyrion as well as Nascent Val'kyr. At least one example exists of a female vrykul being turned into a val'kyr at another location as well.[4] Val'kyr serve as judges for vrykul combatants and decide which become vargul or ymirjar,[5][6] and also judge slain vrykul.[2]

Val'kyr Battle-maidens watch over fresh death knights in Acherus: The Ebon Hold alongside the Lich King. When death knights die in the instanced area of the Scarlet Enclave, they will come and resurrect the slain.
    Winged Implies Always flying, not going to happen. Want wings play a Super Hero MMO

it wouldnt have to ALWAYS fly, you gotta earn your mount......so earn your wings too.... =D
    UH DK- Karrod

Quote Originally Posted by Karrod View Post
    since dreadlords are actually Dreanie
    What is this, I don't even.........

Dreadlords are certainly NOT Draenei, they are two INCREDIBLY different races... Like llcjay1 pointed out, the Draenei are uncorrupted Eredar who refused to join the Burning Legion. Dreadlords, aka the Nathrezim, are a race of incredibly cunning, intelligent, vampiric demons... They are, in no way, shape or form, from the same race.

OT: Like others have said, I doubt very much that Blizzard will introduce a quadruped race, that being said, here are my picks:

Horde
    - Mak'nathal (Half-Ogres; like Rexxar). They'll have to introduce new lore, as we've only been introduced to a few. (Note: I would say regular Ogres, but they tower over every other race, even Tauren, by a considerable margin... Blizzard would have to change half of the game to accommodate them.)
    - Naga. They would have to be an exiled group, perhaps those who do not agree with Azshara - either way, I cannot see them being adopted into the Alliance.

Alliance
    - Arakkoa
    - Furbogs
    - Pandaren (please, oh please, oh please!). I say Alliance because their politics have, in the past, been more aligned to the way the Alliance handles things.

Either (not that they would join both, but that they could side with either faction.)
    - Sporelings
    - Tuskarr

Here's a good article regarding the subject: http://www.wowpedia.org/Future_race_ideas
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-29 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    What is this, I don't even.........

Dreadlords are certainly NOT Draenei, they are two INCREDIBLY different races... Like llcjay1 pointed out, the Draenei are uncorrupted Eredar who refused to join the Burning Legion. Dreadlords, aka the Nathrezim, are a race of incredibly cunning, intelligent, vampiric demons... They are, in no way, shape or form, from the same race.
    the Nathrezim are the source of Dreadlords

Ok Demon Races for fun, not because I think they will add another Demon race, but because as a Warlock on a RP server, I know My demons.

Demons By Race.
    Eredar or ered'ruin
    Ancestor race of Draenei and the Lost and Broken
    Eredar & Wrathguard are the common Demons from this Race, Also note many of the Leaders of the Legion are also Eredar.

sub race: Ered'ruim
    Doomguard — These ironfisted demons serve as the Burning Legion’s captains and generals.
    Doomlord — The most powerful Doomguard can turn important high comanders of the Legion troops.
    Fiend (Terrorguard, Fear Fiend, Terrorfiend) — Shock troops and supervisors of the Legion, found on the front lines of the Burning Crusade in areas like Outland.

Mo'arg:
    these are the Engineers of the Legion.
    Felguard — The main infantry of the Legion. They are lethal but inexperienced, and are often treated poorly by greater demons. These humanoid-like creatures were originally residents of conquered worlds who were changed by the evil of the demonic eredar into a demonic form.

sub race: Gan'arg:
    Slaves/Servants of the Legion

Annihilan
    The Pit Lords- These are 1/2 Dragon Humanoid Demons. Also used as leadership and brute power for the Legion.

Nathrezim
    The dreadlords here is the Official Lore from Blizzard:
    " While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the Titans' order: the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as Dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming Dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into unthinking hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.
    In his fury, Sargeras shattered the prisons of the eredar and the Nathrezim and set the loathsome demons free. These cunning creatures bowed before the dark Titan's vast rage and offered to serve him in whatever malicious ways they could. From the ranks of the powerful Eredar, Sargeras picked two champions to command his demonic army of destruction. Kil'jaeden the Deceiver was chosen to seek out the darkest races in the universe and recruit them into Sargeras' ranks.
    Kil'jaeden's first move was to enslave the vampiric Dreadlords under his terrible power. The Dreadlords served as his personal agents throughout the universe, and they took pleasure in locating primitive races for their master to corrupt and bring into the fold. First amongst the dreadlords was Tichondrius the Darkener. Tichondrius served Kil'jaeden as the perfect soldier and agreed to bring Sargeras' burning will to all the dark corners of the universe."
    Sub race: Tothrezim

Satyr
    Satyrs are night elves who have been corrupted by demonic powers either as a reward or as punishment by Sargeras, other races may also have been transformed later.

Sayaad
    succubi

Imp
    Lots of theories, Most based on Grell, Sprites and Goblins.
    Grell are most likely lesser evolved Goblins, and Imps seem to be made from Grell it is believed by many Warlock that Imps are perverted Goblins or Grell, taken from the War of the Ancients.
    Sprites appear to be the Stage between Grell and Goblin
    Imp

Sprite

Grell

Shivarra
    The Shivarra, or Shivan, are a 6-armed female mystical demon species living in Outland, averaging at roughly twenty to thirty feet tall.
    (they look like giant 6 Armed Night Elves honestly)

Monster Beast Demons:
    Felsteed — Demonic steeds that can be summoned by experienced warlocks.
    Helboar — Helboars are boars corrupted by the resident demons in Outland.
    Darkhound — These vile creatures are canines having somehow been twisted by demonic energy.
    Warp stalker - These beings were corrupted by the Burning Legion and are sometimes used as mounts.
    Floating eye (aka beholders) — Many-eyed demons of unknown origin.
    Demonic hound — Two-headed hounds made of molten fel energies.
    Dreadsteed — Great demonic steeds from the dreadlord world of Xoroth. They only respond to the call of the most powerful warlocks in the land.
    Void terror — Large, two-headed demons with vast magical powers.
    Fel stalker — The felbeasts were originally creatures of conquered worlds who were changed by the evil of the eredar into a demonic form.

Elemental Demons:
    Voidwalker — Ethereal minions utilized by warlocks as companions.
    Abyssal — infernal-like creature made of jagged stone.
    Infernal — Great burning stone demons that are infamous for falling from the sky like burning meteors.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2011-04-29 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres and Furbolgs are the best bet at the moment, but I can only hope for my favorite...arakkoa; even though there is no lore reason to ally them with either playable faction.

Deleted
    1. the first thing I need to point out is the amount of work that would be needed, currently there are 2701 Leg slot items, which means 5402 versions between male and female, not counting Beast leg versions, add Beast legs, that is 10804 Leg Slot Items in game, now add 4 leg PC, that would be another 5402 legs that would have to be made. each one is made separately, and tested individually. now understand with 4 footed PCs, that's Leg slot, waist slot, feet slot, all of which would need to be redone. this alone would take 3-4 years with a typical team size.

2. They have on Multiple occasions said they will not add duplicate races. No High Elves PCs since Blood Elves are in the Game, No other kinds of Trolls, No other Kinds of Draenei, no other kinds of Taruen. There is no room for speculation while Mike Morhaime and Chris Metzen are in charge.

3. so you think they will break the current design policy to add a PC from a Non Blizzard source?

4. true current Ogres are Giants, not possible. 1/2 Ogres are possible and covered in official lore. The big problem is here is the number two most epic race, and it's going to be Horde. what would they give the Alliance? Dragons, pandaren? that would be the only way to balance out the races. Also they have only 3 more expansions planned for wow. So there will be 2 more races added and that's it. there will be two more Hero Classes as well. Demon Hunter will be in the Next expansion.

5. remember the numbers I gave for four footed? now make them work in a new way, literally to do this they would need to work 5-6 years on this. Naga move differently gear would have to move with them, and this requires even more technology to be changed.

6. The "Example" you gave has nothing to do with player gear, it has to do with a Mob Skin, which is a different set of resources.

7. I'm not even talking Mounts, I am only talking Itemizations for in game resources. and all this issues with Naga and Four Footed are just as complicated with nerubians.

8. Yes Wildkin are covered with the druid class, my point with treats was they are not Humanoid, and they do not wear gear. Wildkin are doubtful but at least are Humanoid and do wear some gear. The rest of your reasoning about Beastmen are true, but they are still more likely than a 4 footed or no footed serpent race.

9. remember WOW is a program that has multiple files and three dimensional environments, to change things in this system they have to work out a lot of things. in the end, Blizzard could try and change everything again and add a PC that requires the equivalent work of making flying in Azeroth Viable. However what is unknown to most is they have been working on the Flying Issue since before BC and they had to remodel the planet to make it work.
    1. I don't realy understand what you mean, they aren't adding leg slots for every single race. Yes, so you're adding a race with 4 legs. That inded means that boots, for example, would need to sit on 4 legs instead of 2. Even if I can understand that this takes double the works now because of that, it would be the only items requiring more work then others. Pants would go like I've said like armor on the back of the deer part, so in fact when Blizzard would be designing they would have to redo all pants for the race, but don't they redo them for all races they add? I mean I don't think for example worgen had pants already done for them. In fact I remember that they tried using the draenei skeleton and the females had some horrible animations around the back, like their feet are dismembered, so they had to redo every single item and parts of the skeleton for them.

2.But they're not duplicating races, wreched draenei aren't draenei. We aren't talking about draenei with blue eyes and draenei with green eyes like for blood/high elves, we're talking about this:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Broken_draenei

3. That was only a picture I found as fast. However:
    "These type of dryads are described in Appendix Three of Manual of Monsters:
    Dryads are earth-loving tree spirits that live within the forests and glens. They are extremely shy, as their race has been driven nearly to extinction, and are almost never seen even by those mortals who dwell in their territories. These spirits live in mortal fear of their tree being destroyed by the eager lumber mills of the orcs and humans and will occasionally resort to violence in order to lead those workers astray.
    These creatures were once frivolous and fun-loving, but the wars and the invasion of the Scourge has driven those qualities from the dryad race. They are now paranoid, suspicious, and willing to kill in order to defend the last few dryad trees left in the world. Anyone entering their territory is suspect; anyone cutting live wood is an enemy. "
    As you see these aren't regular children of Cenarius dryads.

I consider them to have their "homes" look more like these:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ss22-hires-1-.jpg

4.What's so epic about ogres? Sure, some people will play them for the story, but how many people play for story these days? Yes, I myself play for story, but do you think the masses of people asking for "what epics will that drop" or "I'll choose x race because of racial" actually care much? And number two most epic race? People are asking for ogres because it's the only race that actually fits the Horde from the start and yet it wasn't added. Exactly like furbolgs for Alliance, and in the end the truth is that they weren't added not because they're big or not humanoid enough, but because Blizzard considered they're too ugly and not enough people will play them. If you don't belive me, look at draenei, how they looked in WC3 and how they look now. I admit I would have loved to play a draenei looking like the WC3 ones, but seems Blizzard decided against it because they seem to think people want big muscular men and skinny big-breasted females.

5-6. It was a naga with leg armor, there isn't anything to discuss, he was moving around and doing it perfectly. He was even moving better then worgen females did when Cataclysm started with their buggy animations. I don't see any problem. You asked for a naga with pants, I offered a picture of one in-game. There's more then one even, I just chose the one I found the fastest.

7.Ok, nerubians might have more problems if I think about it, I even said in original post I can't think of how mounts would work for them. Still I did offer viable sources on how dryads could use mounts, or naga.

8.So you're saying that a wild animal is more inclined to throw some armor on it then some dryad-treant creature? Look at the giant Ancients, the Ancients of War for example, they have rocks on their shoulders, or the ancients of lore, they have some kind of lights on them, and they're huge! And a 2-legged, 2-armed dryad-treant could wear armor as well, to protect their tree homes and their mortal treant shells.

9.True that, however they did work out some other things like worgen running animation, which is their "mount". They don't need to change the full design, they just need to find creative ways, like I said, a keeper of the groove who will get only 2 legs on a flying mount or who will ride at full speed after a 3 second cast with the image of his mount besides him. Or a naga throwing his/her tail over a mount. That's all graphics things, they don't need a full re-make of the engine to do them.

I'm heavily leaning towards furbolgs for Alliance and a more human naga for Horde. Why?

Furbolgs: They're corrupted right now, but they're actually pretty intelligent normally. Blizzard loves the whole "cleanse the corruption" thing, so I could see them having us fix the furbolg corruption once and for all (or at least a certain tribe) and adopt them into the Alliance.

Naga: Similar to above--naga with legs, maybe? We don't really have an aquatic race. Use your imagination. "Purified" naga--kinda like how the Alliance draenei are "uncorrupted" Broken (don't jump on me with lore, just the basic concept translates).

But who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping this thread would be about racing.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-04-29 at 10:37 PM.