Deleted

Haunt during exec phase

Hi here,

I'm new to the Affli spe after the nice boost it got on 4.1 so sorry about the probably stupid question, but how do you deal with Haunt during the Drain Soul exec Phase ? Do you interrupt your Drain to recast it every 8 or 12 seconds ? From what i heard it should be used on CD during the rest of the fight (8 sec) but what about this specific phase ? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it depends on the distance you are from the boss ( got no experience with this matter) But the longer you stand away from the boss, the quicker you got to cast it due to travel times, if these things are irrelevent then I am sorry :/
    Playing destruction, trying out affliction atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsid View Post
    Hi here,

I'm new to the Affli spe after the nice boost it got on 4.1 so sorry about the probably stupid question, but how do you deal with Haunt during the Drain Soul exec Phase ? Do you interrupt your Drain to recast it every 8 or 12 seconds ? From what i heard it should be used on CD during the rest of the fight (8 sec) but what about this specific phase ? Thanks.
    you cast it every CD still, i usually wait for a tick of DS to go by first however (i use quartz for my cast bars, which has marks on them for channeled spell ticks)

Signature by Kenz

at the next DS tick after Haunt is off CD
    u can watch your UA and know when your DS tick , it will refresh UA , there is add-on for DS tick some while ago but ...

Mhm keep that haunt up, and ideally between the haunt and pandemic you won't have anything else to refresh, with BoD being such a long spell.

And like the guy above me said, try and get a tick off of your DS before you break it to cast haunt, otherwise you just wasted time if you sat there in between ticks but didn't get any damage out of it.

Deleted
    Quartz dont sho u the correct point of ticks as it is not updated with haste. I believe castbars and gnosis do

15+ Year Old Account
    on CD immediately following a DS tick
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

i just use haunt, depending on how far im away from boss, and drain sould, and when i have to recast haunt, i do 2 fel flame too to refresh UA and then drain soul again, so my dots keep up and i time my haunt with drain soul tics so i fire haunt and loose as little cast time as possible of drain soul

Haunt now has a higher DPET than shadowbolt, so you will be wanting to cast it on CD before 25%, After 25% you will be wanting to cast it 3ish secs before buff expires and after a DS thick

Quartz dont sho u the correct point of ticks as it is not updated with haste. I believe castbars and gnosis do
    Can anyone confirm this, as I specially downloaded Quartz instead of my old trusted castbar yesterday for the ticks thing. I did note it was a bit "off", the tick marks, but I figured it might be latency (which was very erratic for me yesterday, probably due to patch, anywhere between 40 and 400).

Also, is there no addon based on sounds for those ticks of Drain life like there is for Drain Soul? Impossible to find..

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Can anyone confirm this, as I specially downloaded Quartz instead of my old trusted castbar yesterday for the ticks thing. I did note it was a bit "off", the tick marks, but I figured it might be latency (which was very erratic for me yesterday, probably due to patch, anywhere between 40 and 400).

Also, is there no addon based on sounds for those ticks of Drain life like there is for Drain Soul? Impossible to find..
    I made a thread (CastBars and Drain Life, cant link yet) about this,install the two and you can see the difference, quartz ticks do look static, specially with drain life, but with gnosis you can see the difference every time you cast it and seems more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post

Unfortunately Quartz does not factor in haste to channeled spell tics, it just puts the white lines where the tics would be at 0 haste. Gnosis does calculate haste, but is still not 100% accurate from my experience. Having a floating combat text addon and watching for the tic is the most reliable way, but a bit distracting. Might be able to get an addon that just watches for the damage in the combat log and announces to you in some way, if you got something that did that, it would be optimal (tho fairly annoying with DL...)

OT: Cast as close to on CD as possible, while trying to minimize clipping (cast right after a tic of DS if you can, without letting Shadow Embrace, or Haunt debuff drop).

Delia, Ryal, thanks for your answers, I'll get Gnosis right away.

Delia, I do have an addon that does this for drainsoul, and I'd love it for drain life, but so far no luck in finding one..

Since ticks for Drain Soul are somewhat far apart refresh Haunt right after the next dot tick then go back to Drain Soul spam..

Also make sure if you have Demon Soul up to use during this dps phase for awesome dps increase ^.^ !

Remember there's a delay with SE being applied - so if your haunt hits right before SE is about to drop off, you'll lose your stack, which is a pretty bad dps loss. Play it safe.