Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    As others have said, don't use Consecration. The damage is laughable compared to your Hammer aoe. Only use it as a filler after shield + hammer if you dont have anything else to press. Even Holy wrath is probably better on 3-4 targets since it's instant. I ve seen a lot of prot paladins start the pull with consecration only to have the dps almost insta pull all the mobs off him. Shield pull (or not if they re too spread) hammer, wrath and you re good to go. Also the heal from SoI is insignificant and is no comparison to the aggro SoT provides and the +exp from the SoT glyph. Only use it if you re dry on mana, which really if you judge and don't spam concecration on cd should never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much summed up by previous poseters. When we're doing Heroic dungeon guild runs with our Paladins we only get Consecrates when we ask for them over Teamspeak. They're used to grab mobs off of healers or dps when a new add takes a liking to them (usually the healer). Examples are the Angered Earth Elementals on the first Boss in Blackrock Caverns or the crocs in Lost City. We ask for Consecrate, it pops, we run onto it, tank gets aggro. Much easier for the tank than targeting the new mob. It isn't part of the pally standard rotation any more.

Deleted
    Tell your dps to wait 3-5 secs before attacking, use insight, spam HotR and that's all you need. Truth only helps on aggro vs single target but I hate single target tanking cause its slow as fuck...
    When I start on a new pack for best aggro I do:
    Exorcism
    Avengers shield
    HotR
    Inquisition (yes, with only 1 HP)
    Consecration
    Holy wrath
    HotR
    From here you can't go wrong but place HotR as prio with 2 mobs or more

It helps if you mark one target with a skull and kill that first, dps are too brainfucked to know how to use target assist. You won't need to mark any others because your vengeance will be so high it won't matter what they attack!
    Any dps not on skull for a good reason is just trying to cause problems, KICK!!

Deleted
    There's alot of ways to avoid getting oom. High mastery = high block rating, and you get mana back when you block. And also using Judgement on every CD is ftw. And last but not least. Do NOT use consecration in any situation, it's way too slow to make any decent threat on aoe situations, better to use AS, HotR and HW on aoe pulls, and don't use your holy powers for shield of the righteous on aoe situations, go for Inquisition.

So judgement on every CD and high block = no mana issues.

Deleted
    Consecration is good when tanking the adds on Maloriak heroic, holy wrath is not. Holy wrath is really weak as a damage dealing spell, it's main strength lies in the stun and ability to quickly tag mobs in all directions.

Here's one of my logs if you are interested
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=4214&e=4801

I always tank with seal of insight. Never had problem with mana even using consecration without hallowed ground. Just don't forget to always use your judgement.

About threat, if you really start to have some issues, you can always pull with truth and then change it to insight. Pull bosses with avenging wrath > divine plea > avenger's shield > judgement > shield of the righteous. You can always use golemblood potions and inquisition (great for aoe threat) too and it's not hard to get mobs from players when you have hand of reckoning, righteous defense, hand of salvation and hand of protection.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just pop your judgement when it's up to get the mana regain buff. It's stacks with other classes regen procs (doesn't work on anyone but you)
    That usually solves the problem for me.

Why all the Consecration hate? Specced 2/2 it doesn't cost anything, and I find it a very useful tool to shore up my AOE threat on 3+ mob pulls where my AS can't hit everyone. Also even on single-target fights, I come to a point in my rotation where I have to hit Consecrate because everything else is on cooldown... why wouldn't you use a damage dealing spell instead of nothing?

Deleted
    I'm not realy a great tank by any means, but to speed up queue times i leveled (and geared holy) mostly as a tank and i used consecration 4-5 times PER DUNGEON and AOE threat was always the least of my concerns...

Hammer of the righteous is all the AOE damage you'll ever need for threat, and especialy now after 4.1 with much more GCDs used for more avenging shields and more shield of the righteouss oportunities, consecration is now even way back down in the prio list. Added to the fact you'll completely unbalance your mana pool by abusing its usease i have to admit that consecration is officialy dead 95% of the situations.

Hollowed Ground is an easy pick-up nowadays. Personally I only tank offspec 5 mans for main spec buddies so threat is still pretty rough in ilvl 354 gear versus people in half 359/372 doing 25,000-30,000 DPS in a god damn 5 man >.<

Granted prots not my main, but I'm familiar with the rotation. Ur prob as mentioned is consecration. If u have moar than one mob, throw shield in one, hammer in the other, use judgement on cooldown and ull never have issues.

Only time u need consecration is if a dumbass dps pulls something he shouldnt...
    "Master of the Green Beam"

FrosDKong, Healakong, Pallykong