Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Chrome/Google blocking mmo-champ

It just started within the last few mins. But when i try to access the site I get that red screen warning me that mmo-champ has content from a known malware site: google-anaiytics

Same here kinda annoying
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Typo in the google analytics url.

Exact error:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    www.mmo-champion.com contains content from google-anaiytics.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified google-anaiytics.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on google-anaiytics.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

analytics[dot]google[dot]com - is only for making statistics from webpages, so should be no harmfull stuff..

Annoying, it is though.

Phising link from attempting to steal your password to your google account, slipped by on the adds most likely.

I'm sure boub or someone will come in here and hit me for saying something that is completely wrong.

Notice google-anaiytics, not analytics.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiletpaper View Post
    analytics[dot]google[dot]com - is only for making statistics from webpages, so should be no harmfull stuff..

Annoying, it is though.
    It's spelled with a i instead of an l, as is a common trend among malware these days

10+ Year Old Account
    My Chrome hasn't tried to block MMO-champ for months...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Same happened to me just now. I have to say I'm impressed at Google though, I entered "google-anaiytics.com mmo champion" as a search query and it found this thread, even though it was created like 5 minutes ago

There is malicious code on the front page of mmoc in the form of a script injection. The script's domain, google-anaiytics.com (notice the I instead of an L), is hosted on Cnmsn.net, located in China:

IP: 218.5.77.45
    IP Location: Beijing, China
    I think I'll just stay away from mmo-champ until this is resolved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbaxas View Post
    There is malicious code on the front page of mmoc in the form of a script injection. The script's domain, google-anaiytics.com (notice the I instead of an L), is hosted on Cnmsn.net, located in China:

Oh great... I will do the same thing.

Deleted
    Me too. Would be nice to get an update on when this will be resolved, is there a way we can "notify" someone at MMOC or should we just wait until someone sees this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbaxas View Post

I'm guessing the forums are safe? since we have no adds here

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Oh great... I will do the same thing.
    I'll keep refreshing the homepage and tell you if anything happens.

The code doesn't appear to be showing up on the forums, only the front page. PS: It has nothing to do with the ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea same....waitin for bouboulle to explain it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Me too. Would be nice to get an update on when this will be resolved, is there a way we can "notify" someone at MMOC or should we just wait until someone sees this?
    I sent a PM to Boub when I first saw it, but sent another message right afterwards telling him that I found some forum posts about it, so he probably knows once he gets it.

Deleted
    I am running google chromes with notscript. Its like addblock but it blocks a lot more then adds. It basically blocks all java scripts unless you manually allow it.

So when i go to mmo-cham front page the maleware simply doesnt load because its block. However it is in the list when i open notscript though so its still there.

So either stay away from mmo-cham untill its fixed or be smart and get something like notscript for chrome or noscript for firefox. This way your always covered in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll View Post
    I am running google chromes with notscript. Its like addblock but it blocks a lot more then adds. It basically blocks all java scripts unless you manually allow it.

So when i go to mmo-cham front page the maleware simply doesnt load because its block. However it is in the list when i open notscript though so its still there.

So either stay away from mmo-cham untill its fixed or be smart and get something like notscript for chrome or noscript for firefox. This way your always covered in the future.
    If you block ads though, free sites like this might die or become non-free.. =(

Deleted
    It was put into the "Patch 4.1 Bugs and Blue Posts, Scott Mercer Interview, GC - Number of Abilities" headline. It seems to be removed now. although i am saying this with caution as i dont want anyone to get hacked.

However this was not done by a add.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    If you block ads though, free sites like this might die or become non-free.. =(

The nice thing from notscript is that you can enable sertain sites/adds that you know are safe but keep unknown things blocked.

Deleted
    This is known malware and there are many like it.

http://www.malwareurl.com/listing.ph...anaiytics.info (near the bottom)

I'm pretty sure that:
    google-anallytics
    googie-analytics
    google-amalytics
    etc. aren't all misspellings....